Updated: Pottermore's Magical Quill Challenge, Day 4, Now Closed

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
August 03, 2011, 11:00 AM

Update: Registration for day 4 is now closed; tomorrow's clue will revolve around Order of the Phoenix. No word yet on what time to expect the latest challenge.

Day 4 of Pottermore's Magical Quill Challenge is now open with a clue from Goblet of Fire.
How many students take part in the Triwizard Tournament during Harry's fourth year? Multiply this number by 28.
Think you know the answer? Add the number to the end of this website address (http://quill.pottermore.com/) and find the magical quill for a chance to be one of the first million Pottermore beta users. Please do not post the answer or link in the comments!

Be quick! Registration will only be open while spaces are still available each day.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Prophecy_thumb

They said that they weren’t opening it until after the Magic Quill is over and that they will send welcome letters out in spurts so not everyone tries to get on the site at the exact same time and crash it. So look out for your letter starting maybe next week?

Congrats to everyone who got in so far! I know I was so excited I didn’t close any of the pages after I got in for a full 24 hours. :)

Posted by notamuggle on August 03, 2011, 01:54 PM report to moderator

I’m in and got my validation email!!!! Pixiecentaur123 :-)

Posted by Nargles_in_Jax_FL on August 03, 2011, 01:55 PM report to moderator

I got on! the challenge was really easy. the answer was 112. now i have to wait a few weeks till i can get on :)

Posted by peeves16 on August 03, 2011, 02:02 PM report to moderator

Thank you all for your encouragement and kind words. I felt like a kid again when I got in and my son was dancing around so happy. Maybe tomorrow. We are playing Lego Harry for the 7th or 8th time, so I figure that when the site goes up we will have wrapped it up or started again :) In the meantime, Atticus and me will keep reading and hoping too.

Deborah

Posted by DreamingDrama on August 03, 2011, 02:07 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

Cusato.s: If you have validated your account then you will get in some time during the early access period. They will tell you when in a later email.

Posted by roonwit on August 03, 2011, 02:11 PM report to moderator
Dscn0187_thumb

figures. the one morning i was awake at the time the question was posted I was out jogging. hopefully they post it early am EST tomorrow so I can get on before work

Posted by Laura Keaton [WBM!] on August 03, 2011, 02:13 PM report to moderator

@Pheonix1946: I was gonna say that, but then I thought it might be a bit over the top. but Yeah.

Posted by PTBartman on August 03, 2011, 02:41 PM report to moderator
Phpyyqy43_c2am_thumb

I am in….“DawnLumos154!” Hooray!

Posted by weasleywannabe1997 on August 03, 2011, 02:56 PM report to moderator

I GOT IN!! AFTER ALL THESE EARLY WAKING UP IN MORNINGS!! it was kinda annoying at first when I keep on typing the quill.pottermore thing but hardwork paid off!! WHOOOOOO!!!
username: ProphecyWizard55 <—- I think thats a cool username :D :P

Posted by j3anthony03 on August 03, 2011, 02:57 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

So is Leaky posting all. the questions now?? If so thats great!! I’m trying again tomorrow! :)

Posted by LunaLuver on August 03, 2011, 03:02 PM report to moderator

I already got in on the first day but I like to check the clues and test myself! Does anyone think that this is REALLY easy?

Posted by . on August 03, 2011, 03:58 PM report to moderator

I mean the clue for Day 4 (:

Posted by . on August 03, 2011, 03:59 PM report to moderator

@roonit Thank you!!! You guys have no idea how long it took for me to get this…I’m waiting since last Sunday, but then I fell asleep and didn’t manage to get on the right time all the other days…the thing is that the clue wasn’t hard today, the problem was to get the access to it…

Posted by Cusato.s on August 03, 2011, 04:22 PM report to moderator
Floo_powder_power_square_thumb

@j3anthony03: ProphecyWizard is a very cool username!

Leaky should make a simple page where people can just post their pottermore usernames – no extraneous details, maybe even leaving out the ###, not even identify the posting-person – just so we can see the cool list!

(maybe like an excel file and it could even be alphabetized, or searchable, so people can see if there’s other names like theirs, since there seem to be shared terms)

Posted by PhoenixFromTheFlame aka Floo on August 03, 2011, 04:38 PM report to moderator
Pic_20_2312ma14060069-0001_thumb

Ok I’m off tomorrow, has the site said what time tomorrow’s will be? I HAVE to make it! It’s my turn and it’s my favorite book!

Posted by Dlcohm7 on August 03, 2011, 06:31 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"I shall speak to Professor Dumbledore and see if we can't bend the first-year rule. Heaven knows, we need a better team than last year. [i]Flattened[/i] in that last match by Slytherin, I couldn't look Severus Snape in the face for weeks..."