Updated: Pottermore's Magical Quill Challenge, Day 4, Now Closed

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
August 03, 2011, 11:00 AM

Update: Registration for day 4 is now closed; tomorrow's clue will revolve around Order of the Phoenix. No word yet on what time to expect the latest challenge.

Day 4 of Pottermore's Magical Quill Challenge is now open with a clue from Goblet of Fire.
How many students take part in the Triwizard Tournament during Harry's fourth year? Multiply this number by 28.
Think you know the answer? Add the number to the end of this website address (http://quill.pottermore.com/) and find the magical quill for a chance to be one of the first million Pottermore beta users. Please do not post the answer or link in the comments!

Be quick! Registration will only be open while spaces are still available each day.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

ughh i tped the answer and it says page not found, soo sad:(

Posted by ArvoreenWeasley on August 03, 2011, 11:07 AM report to moderator
Prophecy_thumb

I had that problem on day 2 make sure you are typing it at the end of http://quill.pottermore.com/

Posted by notamuggle on August 03, 2011, 11:08 AM report to moderator

For me at least, the response URL http://quill.pottermore.com/… from the Help page at https://www.pottermore.com/en/help#magical-quill did not work. My daughter thought to try https://quill.pottermore.com (note the https), and that did work for me. Good luck!

Posted by earlll on August 03, 2011, 11:16 AM report to moderator

This link described above works. quill.pottermore.com/

Posted by trontech on August 03, 2011, 11:16 AM report to moderator
The-two-hardest-things-to-say-in-life-are-hello-for-the-first-time-and-goodbye-for-the-last_thumb

lol im on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha. I put “answer” after the slash but Leaky has a way of deleting the lack of information I put in.

Posted by trontech on August 03, 2011, 11:22 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lrl1fruv7m1r2jz3wo1_250_thumb

i finally got registered!!! hooray!!

Posted by WeasleyWonder on August 03, 2011, 11:24 AM report to moderator
Silliness_thumb

I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by hysterogenic on August 03, 2011, 11:24 AM report to moderator
Silliness_thumb

i got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by hysterogenic on August 03, 2011, 11:25 AM report to moderator

Wow! Gone in 30 minutes! It’s closed! 11:05 AM EST.

Posted by trontech on August 03, 2011, 11:27 AM report to moderator

I’m so excited! I don’t want to close the page that says, “Thank you for registering”…ever! so I saved it as Web Page, Complete.

Posted by trontech on August 03, 2011, 11:34 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

I’m in yeeeeeeppppppyyyyyy

Posted by mencia on August 03, 2011, 11:35 AM report to moderator

It was so easy!!!
My Phone’s internet didin’t work :(
I’m sad now :( really sad

Posted by camila_black08 on August 03, 2011, 11:37 AM report to moderator
Hermione_poster_thumb

Yes I did it

Posted by silverkacy on August 03, 2011, 11:40 AM report to moderator
Hermione_poster_thumb

Yes I did it

Posted by silverkacy on August 03, 2011, 11:40 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

It felt very strange to be standing here in Aunt Petunia's surgically clean kitchen... and talking calmly of Lord Voldemort to Uncle Vernon. The arrival of the dementors in Little Whinging seemed to have caused a breach in the great, invisible wall that d