More Magical Quill Challenge Questions Answered on Pottermore Blog

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
August 03, 2011, 04:52 PM

The Pottermore Insider Blog has added to their FAQ about the Magical Quill Challenge by addressing issues regarding the fourth clue, as well as information regarding registering multiple accounts:

I solved the clue for Day 4 but I couldn't find The Magical Quill. What happened?
Due to huge demand today, not everyone who solved the Day 4 clue was able to find The Magical Quill. To ensure no one missed out on the chance to register for early access to Pottermore, we decided to direct people who successfully solved the clue straight to the Pottermore registration page, where they were able to register as normal.

I’ve found The Magical Quill more than once. Am I allowed to create multiple early access Pottermore accounts?
No. You may only register for the early access period once. Please refer to the conditions of participation in The Magical Quill promotion Terms & Conditions.

Read more questions and answers here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Gryffindor_thumb

Good luck getting in Snape.. I hope you make it.. And YES multiple accounts and especially selling accounts is wrong!!

Posted by GryffindorAtHeart on August 04, 2011, 01:17 PM report to moderator

Poor me. I didn’t now about by the challenge the first day, by the time i found out about it the second day it was closed, the third day I’d left my laptop and my grandmother’s and before i got it back it was closed, I stayed up all night for the fourth clue but had to go to my stinken flute lessons and missed it. Hopefully I’ll get it today! Good luck everyone! :D

Posted by PotterPanda10 on August 04, 2011, 01:28 PM report to moderator

It’s open :)

Posted by Mom7 on August 04, 2011, 01:32 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_poa_006_thumb

I got to register, hope I get the email. :) Good luck everyone

Posted by mi55ymomma on August 04, 2011, 01:49 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_poa_006_thumb

I got to register, hope I get the email. :) Good luck everyone

Posted by mi55ymomma on August 04, 2011, 01:50 PM report to moderator
Severus-snape_thumb

clue 5 is up! getting alot easier though haha x

Posted by Snape_ismyhero on August 04, 2011, 01:54 PM report to moderator

I’m so excited, I’m in!!

Posted by txhighlife on August 04, 2011, 01:59 PM report to moderator

I’m in! After five days of trying I’m in!

Posted by PotterPanda10 on August 04, 2011, 02:00 PM report to moderator
Andarton-crow-block4c_thumb

wondering how a single registration is determined: both my son and I would like to register, but we have only one e-mail address. I received my confirmation e-mail to complete registration promptly, but his has not yet come. Hope that having the same e-mail address is not the filter since they ask those under the age of 17 to submit their parents’ or guardian’s e-mail address!

Posted by CorvusAndarton on August 04, 2011, 02:43 PM report to moderator

I was able to get in and register today. The only part that was a pain was the scholastic page they sent me too. The magic quill was there and I clicked it even though it said it was an ad. It said congratulations, that was it… noting happened…. went back…. did it again and then again…. after several tries it went to the registration page. Site was overwhelmed again I think and that why it was taking so long for it to load. Other than that small hiccup everything was good. Everyone who gets a registration should be expecting hiccups with the site before it opens, that is what a beta run is for. They are going to check servers and software for a month and a half and then let the crowds run through the open doors once everything is holding together.

Posted by flask-half-full on August 05, 2011, 01:30 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Can’t wait for October!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on August 30, 2011, 09:48 AM report to moderator

Ron landed a short way away and toppled immediately off his thestral onto the pavement.[br]"Never again," he said, struggling to his feet. He made as though to stride away from his thestral, but unable to see it, collided with its hindquarters and almost