More Magical Quill Challenge Questions Answered on Pottermore Blog

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
August 03, 2011, 04:52 PM

The Pottermore Insider Blog has added to their FAQ about the Magical Quill Challenge by addressing issues regarding the fourth clue, as well as information regarding registering multiple accounts:

I solved the clue for Day 4 but I couldn't find The Magical Quill. What happened?
Due to huge demand today, not everyone who solved the Day 4 clue was able to find The Magical Quill. To ensure no one missed out on the chance to register for early access to Pottermore, we decided to direct people who successfully solved the clue straight to the Pottermore registration page, where they were able to register as normal.

I’ve found The Magical Quill more than once. Am I allowed to create multiple early access Pottermore accounts?
No. You may only register for the early access period once. Please refer to the conditions of participation in The Magical Quill promotion Terms & Conditions.

Read more questions and answers here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Everyone calm down and breathe. Dont freak out that you might not experience this just a month before everyone else because whatever is done prior the public release will probably be reset anyway. Pretty sure they are not going to let the early folks keep house points, pets, and whatever other stuff they get to try. Their accounts will likely be the only thing one gets to keep and maybe some little badge or something like that.

Just relax and keep trying, there are still 3 more chances. I’ve been trying since day one and i just got in today. Some tips i can give is having several tabs open and also having several browser open if your comp can take them. Today i kept getting the Sony Store website on Firefox but i got through with Internet Explorer. You all need to remember that a whole mess of folks are all going at it at the same time, things might not work properly because of this. It probably looks like those videos of people rushing into stores on Black Friday. Some of you will end up as the people being knocked down and stepped on.

Posted by Mr.Bones on August 04, 2011, 04:35 AM report to moderator
Prophecy_thumb

HELP! I registered yesterday but haven’t yet received my validation email. I have and earthlink account, not yahoo, so that’s not the issue and it isn’t in my suspect folder so that’s not it either. I’m so worried that I’ll miss the 48 hour window and not be able to complete my hard-fought-for registration. There really ought to be a way we can contact Pottermore when we have problems.

Does have anyone have any ideas as to what’s going on? Thanks,.

Posted by DeliaDee on August 04, 2011, 07:20 AM report to moderator
Ron_hermione_thumb

I was able to register yesterday with the 4th clue. My Pottermore name is DawnSky100. I’ll see all you early members there!

Posted by PaxkiEverclear [Roar!] on August 04, 2011, 07:57 AM report to moderator
Potter_thumb

So far I have been at work every day during the open hours :(
I have Saturday off so hopefully I’ll be able to get in on day seven!

Posted by Sauvium ROAR!? on August 04, 2011, 09:36 AM report to moderator

Think yourself lucky. The site won’t even accept my password or username and yet I know it was received when it was first announced. Have emailed everyday and no answer. Maybe I did it wrong???

Posted by Spook on August 04, 2011, 09:36 AM report to moderator

I’m just happy that I found the quill on the first two days so now I get to aviod all this hectic trying to find the quill on the last few days.

Posted by smartygranger126 on August 04, 2011, 09:53 AM report to moderator

It still says Day 4 registration is closed, when it should be on Day 5… I’m in the Eastern US, what time does it reopen here?

Posted by DumbledoresMan5769 on August 04, 2011, 10:24 AM report to moderator
Sowrzsmyubo_thumb_thumb

It’s so annoying waiting for the next clue to come up-need to make sure I don’t miss it :S

Posted by LittleD {^HISS^} on August 04, 2011, 10:55 AM report to moderator

Day 5…11:27 am, E.S.T.
Absolute silence.
The clue is not up and nobody is posting on Leaky.
The tension is tightening as nothing happens for hours.
OMG! It’s so exciting!

Posted by trontech on August 04, 2011, 11:50 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

I got in yesterday and something definately went wrong. It was strange. I solved the clue, went to the sony site, and at first it did bring up the screen with all the floating quills. I found the magical quill, clicked on it, and got this big CONGRATULATIONS message and was told to click a link to register. When I clicked on the link, it just took me back to the Pottermore site with the clue. I entered the clue again and again. I just kept going back to the sony page. The quill screen never appeared again, and then all of a sudden I was redirected to the registering site. I registered and validated, no problem. It was so wierd. I’m glad I got in, of course, but I’m also glad that even though it didn’t go smoothly, I actually did get to find the quill. That was part of the fun and excitement! I would have been disappointed if I’d just been redirected to register, but I would have gotten over it :) Oh, and I’m PixieThorn6!

Posted by LovesLaborLost on August 04, 2011, 12:17 PM report to moderator
Img_0058_-_kopie_thumb

I have my account since Monday! I was so happy and couldn’t believe it was SO easy for me (normal those kind of things fail to work when I try it xD). Waiting eagerly for my Welcome E-mail!!
Good luck to all who are still trying! Don’t give up! I feel it’s going to be worth it…

Posted by KittyVD on August 04, 2011, 12:19 PM report to moderator

I got redirected to “just” register and I tell you, I’m over it.
(Missing the quill meant nothing to me because it was the first time I tried to register.)
Hey, success is success!
Haven’t quit smiling for 24 hours.

ps, 12 noon est and no clue.

Posted by trontech on August 04, 2011, 12:23 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I think perhaps they have ceased giving out the clue release times because so many people were set up & waiting to ‘pounce’ on it yesterday, that it messed up the quill script on the SONY site… Best of luck to all of you trying today & Friday & Saturday!

Posted by Won_Two on August 04, 2011, 12:52 PM report to moderator
Gryffindor_thumb

Insider has released time frame for Clue 5…Between 4:30 pm and 8:00 pm BST.

Posted by GryffindorAtHeart on August 04, 2011, 01:00 PM report to moderator
Severus-snape_thumb

I reallly don’t like how people are making multiple accounts and some are even selling them on e-bay! I hope pottermore disable them because i would be crushed if i didnt get in and someone else made 2 accounts or is selling one!

Posted by Snape_ismyhero on August 04, 2011, 01:10 PM report to moderator

Neighborhood children all around were terrified of him -- even more terrified than they were of "that Potter boy," who, they had been warned, was a hardened hooligan who attended St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal Boys.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014