More Magical Quill Challenge Questions Answered on Pottermore Blog

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
August 03, 2011, 04:52 PM

The Pottermore Insider Blog has added to their FAQ about the Magical Quill Challenge by addressing issues regarding the fourth clue, as well as information regarding registering multiple accounts:

I solved the clue for Day 4 but I couldn't find The Magical Quill. What happened?
Due to huge demand today, not everyone who solved the Day 4 clue was able to find The Magical Quill. To ensure no one missed out on the chance to register for early access to Pottermore, we decided to direct people who successfully solved the clue straight to the Pottermore registration page, where they were able to register as normal.

I’ve found The Magical Quill more than once. Am I allowed to create multiple early access Pottermore accounts?
No. You may only register for the early access period once. Please refer to the conditions of participation in The Magical Quill promotion Terms & Conditions.

Read more questions and answers here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

I heard a lot of people were having these problems/questions today.

Luckily I somehow got in before the rush.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

Posted by You Know Stew [ROAR!] on August 03, 2011, 08:35 PM report to moderator

Hey guysss, please dont forget to vote for Harry, Hermione, Draco, HP7Pt1 and HP7Pt2 in the 2011 Teen Choice Awards…one vote per day per email so please try to get as many people as you can!

Posted by minniee33 on August 03, 2011, 09:28 PM report to moderator

I got in….SparksPhoenix160:)

Posted by PotionsMaster7 on August 03, 2011, 11:08 PM report to moderator

This registration process for Pottermore is:
A Unnecessary
B A waste of time and
C Frustrating
Surely there is a fairer way of doing this without all the rigmarole of this system

Posted by KiwiBrian on August 03, 2011, 11:15 PM report to moderator

I got in! I was taken to a Sony website and after trying to figure out what to do next, I backed out and tried again and voila! I got early registration and am so excited!!!

Posted by fox_rox on August 03, 2011, 11:22 PM report to moderator
Picture_057_thumb

I couldn’t out any of this, plus I had to work, so I’m checking the site in 2 months.

Posted by abandonedboyjon on August 03, 2011, 11:54 PM report to moderator
Picture_057_thumb

I couldn’t figure out any of this, plus I had to work, so I’m checking the site in 2 months.

Posted by abandonedboyjon on August 03, 2011, 11:55 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I think its good they’ve decided to drop the whole quill thing, it was getting confusing. Does anyone know what time the 5th clue goes up tomorrow West Coast USA time?

Posted by LunaLuver on August 04, 2011, 12:07 AM report to moderator
Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

I think this is crazy… Don’t get me wrong, I’m really glad you all got to get in, but I think is totally unfair that some people were directed to Pottermore’s registration site. I spent quiete some time looking for the quill all through the sony site and finally when I checked again the registration was already closed!!!!!

Posted by Halfblood Princess on August 04, 2011, 12:56 AM report to moderator
Avatars_books_quotes_feb09_thumb

I’m rather enjoying this kooky registration process. The staying up ’til midnight reminds me of staying up for the book releases…the excitement and unknown and anticipation! It was definitely crazy-making to end up at the Sony site, but eventually it kicked in and I got my ID! I figure only truly dedicated HP fans will stick with it, thus making for a better beta group! Hooray for us!

Posted by pamelitaluisa on August 04, 2011, 01:48 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lsmfflgdix1r2dfmyo4_500_thumb

i solved but was not able to find the quill :(

Posted by ceweez on August 04, 2011, 02:01 AM report to moderator
Draco-malfoy-green_thumb

I was asleep last night, but got myself an account the first day, I didn’t have a problem on day 1. I found the quill on day 2 and 3 as well with out a problem. (I found the quill just for the fun of it and just didn’t register after day one.)

Posted by ~*Lily Malfoy*~ on August 04, 2011, 02:04 AM report to moderator

I found the magical quill on Day 3, it took me to a children’s book site and i didn’t know what i was doing…Until i saw a big purple box saying that the magical quill was here :L

Posted by Expelliarmus10 on August 04, 2011, 02:44 AM report to moderator
4451233254_thumb

To be honest, I would really like to enter the site early. But waiting around for a chance to see the quill isn’t an option and I think I’d rather just wait the month until its open to everyone. I’ve always been a mad Potter fan, but this makes me feel like I cant be apart of all the hype just because I haven’t got the time to wait for the quill!
And I find comments like ‘only truly dedicated HP fans will stick with it, thus making for a better beta group’ insulting! Your early registration should be a privilege because you’re a fan. Not a championship belt you won that symbolizes your devotion.

Posted by Lindssnape on August 04, 2011, 03:53 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

I’m in just waiting fo my welcoming email :D

Posted by mencia on August 04, 2011, 04:17 AM report to moderator

"Arthur Weasley loves Muggles so much he should snap his wand in half and go and join them," said Malfoy scornfully. "You'd never know the Weasleys were pure-bloods, the way they behave."