Pottermore Insider Answers Questions About Beta Testing and Welcome E-Mails

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
August 25, 2011, 03:35 PM

A new blog post has gone up on the Pottermore Insider following the latest batch of welcome e-mails which were sent out today.

Several frequently asked questions about the beta process are covered in this latest update as well as the timeline for receiving welcome e-mails. The Insider also denies the rumor that welcome letters will be sent out sooner to those who have been friended by other Pottermore users.

Beta phases are fluid and it’s important to watch and see how a site reacts to increasing amounts of users and activity.

Every time more people are added to Pottermore, we take a pause and look at how the site is responding to see if everything is working as we expect it to and whether we need to make changes before we let more people into Pottermore.

We are planning on giving more people early access over the next week or so and then we will pause sending Welcome emails for a while so that we can see how things are going.

Unfortunately, we can’t create a schedule to share, as we need to respond to what we learn with each group of new users. That’s also why there are gaps between the batches of Welcome emails; it all depends on what we’re learning from those who are currently on the site.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Rofr10_thumb

CatrinJane: You don’t have to read the email to log in. You can always log in and see if you have full access or not. This might be worth trying if you found the quill on the first day, as I think more than half of the day one accounts will now have been enabled.

Posted by roonwit on August 26, 2011, 12:41 PM report to moderator

Is their any particular order in which they are letting out emails?

Posted by annon on August 26, 2011, 01:10 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

annon: The vast majority of people on the site seem to be from the first magical quill day so at the moment they are probably going in order of registration or verification.

Posted by roonwit on August 26, 2011, 01:26 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Day 4 quill finder – still no email. Waiting patiently :)

Posted by LovesLaborLost on August 26, 2011, 01:28 PM report to moderator

@roonwit Thanx for the info! I’ll try, I’m a day 2, though

Posted by CatrinJane on August 26, 2011, 01:29 PM report to moderator
Us_and_tom_thumb

I’m glad that they are taking the time to see how well the site can handle everything before letting everyone on. However, I think that they should develop a TENTATIVE timeline and tell us who is getting on and when they can expect it. I am not a fan of this “random” entry stuff. I got in on day 3, and a few of my Facebook friends who got in on day 6 are claiming to be in. I’m very excited for this, but I’ve been getting a little frustrated waiting!!

Posted by rainbowapplefizz on August 26, 2011, 01:57 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ roonwit But what can they verify?

Posted by cb160 on August 26, 2011, 03:55 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

I really hope I get in before the pause, but I guess everyone does. I hope the website holds up so that they can get more people in sooner.

Posted by Jacket on August 26, 2011, 04:03 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

cb160: By verification I meant the order in which people responded to the verification email. It makes a difference because a lot of the verification emails took a long time to arrive, particularly in the first couple of days.

Posted by roonwit on August 26, 2011, 04:18 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@roonwit I see… well, haven’t thought about that, I’m not in computer business, to know that much. Anyway, I’m a day4er

Posted by cb160 on August 26, 2011, 04:40 PM report to moderator
Ameliaaa_thumb

Just so everyone knows I didn’t stay till obscene hours in the morning for random selection.

Bah

Posted by Like a Name in a Fairytale{ROAR} on August 26, 2011, 07:07 PM report to moderator

I’m INNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by pottermate on August 26, 2011, 09:38 PM report to moderator

Who all is day 3 here.

Posted by tim_2006 on August 26, 2011, 10:15 PM report to moderator

Where is Fun Friday?! I LIVE for Leaky’s Fun Friday selections…

Posted by PotterAcumen on August 26, 2011, 10:52 PM report to moderator

I found the magical quill on day 3. Still not in. Trying to stay patient but it’s hard when people who did the challenge later claim to be in but then there’s people who did it before me and aren’t in yet. I understand the need to let people in slowly but there doing it too slowly to expect to let all the people who found the quill in before October.

Posted by EchoSnidget8 on August 27, 2011, 02:13 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

Harry descended the stairs, very conscious of everybody still staring at him, stowing his wand into the back pocket of his jeans as he came.[br]"Don't put your wand there, boy!" roared Moody. "What if it ignited? Better wizards than you have lost buttocks