Pottermore Insider Answers Questions About Beta Testing and Welcome E-Mails

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
August 25, 2011, 03:35 PM

A new blog post has gone up on the Pottermore Insider following the latest batch of welcome e-mails which were sent out today.

Several frequently asked questions about the beta process are covered in this latest update as well as the timeline for receiving welcome e-mails. The Insider also denies the rumor that welcome letters will be sent out sooner to those who have been friended by other Pottermore users.

Beta phases are fluid and it’s important to watch and see how a site reacts to increasing amounts of users and activity.

Every time more people are added to Pottermore, we take a pause and look at how the site is responding to see if everything is working as we expect it to and whether we need to make changes before we let more people into Pottermore.

We are planning on giving more people early access over the next week or so and then we will pause sending Welcome emails for a while so that we can see how things are going.

Unfortunately, we can’t create a schedule to share, as we need to respond to what we learn with each group of new users. That’s also why there are gaps between the batches of Welcome emails; it all depends on what we’re learning from those who are currently on the site.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

Oh, all right! I’ll check it out.
Thanks a lot!

Posted by Halfblood Princess on August 30, 2011, 12:05 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

cb160: www.pottermoreinsider.com doesn’t look like it belongs to Pottermore.

Posted by roonwit on August 30, 2011, 12:09 PM report to moderator
Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

@roonwit, I just checked it out and thought the same thing… although they write as if they were part of the PM team… However it doesn’t have the same image as the Official Blog.

Posted by Halfblood Princess on August 30, 2011, 12:34 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ roonwit &Halfblood Princess I’ve came to the same conclusion and I hurried back in to let you know.

Posted by cb160 on August 30, 2011, 01:08 PM report to moderator
Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

@cb160, thanks for worrying… I hope you enjoyed at least half your break… :)
Weird how this blog tries to sound just as if they are part of the real thing, don’t you think?

Posted by Halfblood Princess on August 30, 2011, 01:19 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ Halfblood Princess I was watching some south-coreean series, nice really, and I’ll do it again in a short time. As about that site, it’s frequent nowadays in any field, usually taking a name that sounds kinda something very popular and taking advantage of the situation – almost as bad as impersonating. That’s why I hurried back to you, hope mencia’ll see that also!

Posted by cb160 on August 30, 2011, 01:25 PM report to moderator

Any update on how many are sorted now? The last number I saw was in the 120,000s, before today’s batch, I believe. Sometimes I find a current number via Google search, sometimes not. Just curious.

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on August 30, 2011, 02:40 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

The current total is 126,233. I expect it will go up as the day goes on.

Posted by roonwit on August 30, 2011, 02:53 PM report to moderator

Thought this might interest some of you re: the being sorted into a different house than the one you associate with. Apparently Evanna Lynch tweeted a bit ago that she was sorted… and not in Ravenclaw. Check out her tweets on Aug. 20. They’re kinda both funny and super cute. <3

Posted by Rosalinda Rosmerta on August 30, 2011, 03:01 PM report to moderator

Thanks, roonwit! Somehow it comforts me to see the numbers climbing :)

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on August 30, 2011, 03:02 PM report to moderator

Question… i know i saw this somewhere, either on a news story or a blog, but now i can’t seem to find it for the life of me. Somwhere out there on the interwebs is the info on how many people completed the quill challenge on each of the 7 days. Anyone else come across is and can point me to it?

Posted by Rosalinda Rosmerta on August 30, 2011, 03:55 PM report to moderator
Vanishing_cabinet_thumb

@Rosalina Woah. What house did she get?

Posted by Sara Greengrass (S Palms) on August 30, 2011, 03:55 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ S Palms Gryffindor. And the amount of ppl is now 127.163 on PM. Still less then a day registration’s amount (supposing they registred equally every day of the challenge).

Posted by cb160 on August 30, 2011, 04:01 PM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

@cb160 & halfblood princess I realised that too. I can’t believe how far people are willing to go to take advantage of others. We’ll just have to keep waiting for that email it seems

Posted by mencia on August 30, 2011, 04:04 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ mencia glad you’re back and aware of that thing… Keeping in touch seems to alleviate a little of our state of mind – I think.

Posted by cb160 on August 30, 2011, 04:07 PM report to moderator

[Hermione] pulled Ron's predictions toward her.[br]"Not going to have a very good month, are you?" she said sardonically as Crookshanks curled up in her lap.[br]"Ah well, at least I'm forewarned," Ron yawned.[br]"You seem to be drowning twice," said Hermi

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014