Latest Batch of Pottermore Early Access E-mails Sent Out

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
August 25, 2011, 10:54 AM

The Pottemore Insider has been updated to say that a new batch of Welcome e-mails for Pottermore beta access were sent out today, August 25th, from 2:45pm BST (9:45am EST).

Welcome e-mails were also sent out yesterday to a lucky few.

You can read Leaky's first thoughts on Pottermore at this link. If you already have access to the beta version of Pottermore, let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Hermione_poster_thumb

Hi! I hope I get mine soon! I’m in a Harry Potter Club

Posted by silverkacy on August 25, 2011, 04:26 PM report to moderator

no email for me :(

Posted by the_chosen_one4 on August 25, 2011, 04:29 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@roonwit Read from someone who wrote that just found out her Patronus.. Do you know anything about finding a Patronus already? I mean, it’s Book 1?!!!

Posted by cb160 on August 25, 2011, 04:32 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

cb160: That sounds highly unlikely. We don’t even find out what a patronus is until book 3. I doubt they have even written the mechanism to select patronuses yet.

Posted by roonwit on August 25, 2011, 04:54 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@roonwit I thought that much… Still looking at those receiving their letters and envying them…

Posted by cb160 on August 25, 2011, 04:58 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

It would have been good if there was more organisation on should who get into Pottermore based on the day they registered.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on August 25, 2011, 05:12 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ RuneDream54 Now I’m REALLY dying to find out exactly how they let people in.

Posted by cb160 on August 25, 2011, 05:17 PM report to moderator
38093_1525112213973_1419668696_2107419_4307673_n_thumb

I am actually VERY happy that Pottermore answered a lot of our questions to the best of their ability! It puts me more at ease and kind of makes me feel guilty that I was very upset at them once! I know that they are doing the hardest that they can and they are doing the best they can. They aren’t doing this on purpose. They wanted to give the Beta to alot of people to make many people happy, and this has lead to some problems due to timing. I am now more than happy to wait while the Pottermore crew does its thing :) They are extremely nice to answer specific questions, and I feel very grateful to them. Also, if all your questions aren’t being answered, check out pottermorepolls.webs.com. the polls aren’t getting as many people partcipating as before! Revive the website?

Posted by Sohumdore on August 25, 2011, 05:45 PM report to moderator
Timeturner2_thumb

I am in!!!! i got my email and i am exploring pottermore now. Anyone wants to become friends, then let me know your username. :-)

Posted by mariakingsford on August 25, 2011, 06:28 PM report to moderator
Owl_thumb

they are going in by day registered??? if so that’s not good! i got in on like day 5 cause we kept trying but it wouldn’t send to our email so instead we had to use a different email and it was soooooooo frustrating!! oh well will have to be patient! id rather come in later and have it work than go in soon and it crash and not work?!

Posted by farewell_fred on August 25, 2011, 08:58 PM report to moderator
Owl_thumb
@Valerie-Johanna i am envying you quite much now!:))
Posted by farewell_fred on August 25, 2011, 09:01 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Well — not me!

Posted by Girlraven1 on August 25, 2011, 09:17 PM report to moderator
Seniorphoto3_thumb

I got my email last week. let me just say: it is awesome. i know some people were asking how many have been let in, as of 11:30pm EST on August 25th, its 51,788 who have been let in

Posted by TheDeathlyHallows07 {WBM} on August 25, 2011, 11:56 PM report to moderator
Seniorphoto3_thumb

i registered on the first day. and i know there were some who got in before me who registered on the 4th or 5th day. its not right. it should go in order. not much we can do about it.

Posted by TheDeathlyHallows07 {WBM} on August 25, 2011, 11:58 PM report to moderator

How come I got my email but I can’t log in?! WHAT’S GOING ON?! ARGH!!!

Posted by . on August 26, 2011, 12:33 AM report to moderator

There were a hundred and forty-two staircases at Hogwarts: wide, sweeping ones; narrow, rickety ones; some that led somewhere different on a Friday; some with a vanishing step halfway up that you had to remember to jump.