Latest Batch of Pottermore Early Access E-mails Sent Out

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
August 25, 2011, 10:54 AM

The Pottemore Insider has been updated to say that a new batch of Welcome e-mails for Pottermore beta access were sent out today, August 25th, from 2:45pm BST (9:45am EST).

Welcome e-mails were also sent out yesterday to a lucky few.

You can read Leaky's first thoughts on Pottermore at this link. If you already have access to the beta version of Pottermore, let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Rofr10_thumb

Valeria-Johanna: I don’t think you need to collect everything to get to the stage where you are sorted. There are a few things you do have to find to continue, and some things you have to do, but I don’t think there is anything very difficult. They are after all trying to make it a site that fairly young children can use.

Posted by roonwit on August 25, 2011, 03:14 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Still waiting. I’m starting to fear I won’t get it

Posted by KiwiMcI on August 25, 2011, 03:23 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

@roonwit, Children these days grow up with computer games, and this sort of thing is second nature to them.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on August 25, 2011, 03:27 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Has anyone of you seen teh second PM update, the one saying they’ll pause a little from sending welcome emails after next week?

Posted by cb160 on August 25, 2011, 03:45 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

I think I’m starting to get the hang of it! I have got my wand, and the wood was exactly the one I would have chosen for myself, though the core is different.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on August 25, 2011, 03:46 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I’m a Day 4, and by now found only 1 from same day that already got it. I’m wondering about the algorhytm after which they letting us in. Maybe in alphabetical order?

Posted by cb160 on August 25, 2011, 03:50 PM report to moderator

If it’s alphabetical, I’m in trouble…Skycat147

Posted by Doxie2962 on August 25, 2011, 03:52 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

Hooray! I’ve been sorted! And I’m in Ravenclaw!

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on August 25, 2011, 03:57 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

cb160: It does generally seem to be in order of registration, but with some others who registered later.

Posted by roonwit on August 25, 2011, 04:03 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

What order of registration, there are in even from Day 7?

Posted by cb160 on August 25, 2011, 04:12 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ Skycat147 I meant alphabetical order of our Real names, you know…

Posted by cb160 on August 25, 2011, 04:13 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Insider has been updated to answer some recent questions :)

Posted by LovesLaborLost on August 25, 2011, 04:15 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

From Insider:

We know that waiting can be frustrating but the good news is that, as the Beta progresses, we’ll be increasing the number of emails we send out at any one time.

‘… Will you at least put up a schedule to let us know when the next batch of Welcome mails come out for us still waiting?’
ToxisGrey

Beta phases are fluid and it’s important to watch and see how a site reacts to increasing amounts of users and activity.

Every time more people are added to Pottermore, we take a pause and look at how the site is responding to see if everything is working as we expect it to and whether we need to make changes before we let more people into Pottermore.

We are planning on giving more people early access over the next week or so and then we will pause sending Welcome emails for a while so that we can see how things are going.

Unfortunately, we can’t create a schedule to share, as we need to respond to what we learn with each group of new users. That’s also why there are gaps between the batches of Welcome emails; it all depends on what we’re learning from those who are currently on the site.

Posted by LovesLaborLost on August 25, 2011, 04:16 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

cb160: Yes there are people from other days, but most people on the site are from day one. So in general they seem to be granting access in order, but there are exceptions.

Posted by roonwit on August 25, 2011, 04:24 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Seems that new delayed messages are ariving, I’ve seen excited english, portugese and spanish speakers these last minutes

Posted by cb160 on August 25, 2011, 04:24 PM report to moderator

Harry raised his wand. Now was the moment to do it. Now was the moment to avenge his mother and father. He was going to kill Black. He had to kill Black. This was his chance... [br]The seconds lengthened. And still Harry stood frozen there, wand poised, B