Happy Birthday, Percy Weasley!

Character Birthdays
Posted by: Stephanie_J
August 22, 2011, 06:17 PM

August 22nd marks the 35th birthday of Percy Ignatius Weasley, Headboy extraordinaire and 3rd eldest Weasley brother. We hope you'll join us at Leaky in wishing Percy a most excellent birthday!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Character Birthdays News

Happy Birthday Percy!! Glad to see you’re not fighting with your dad anymore.

Posted by hermionierox57 on August 22, 2011, 06:53 PM report to moderator

Happy Birthday Percy!! Glad to see you’re not fighting with your dad anymore.

Posted by hermionierox57 on August 22, 2011, 06:53 PM report to moderator

My mistake

Posted by hermionierox57 on August 22, 2011, 06:54 PM report to moderator

There’s only half an hour of it left in his native land haha!

Posted by JoRowlingRocks on August 22, 2011, 06:54 PM report to moderator
Moonlit_fox_pic_2_thumb

Happy Birthday Percy!!

Posted by MoonlitFox on August 22, 2011, 07:00 PM report to moderator

Happy Birthday Percy! -so creative :P

Posted by camila_black08 on August 22, 2011, 07:30 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Happy Birthday Percy! Guess you arent a total git after all, lol. ;)

Posted by LunaLuver on August 22, 2011, 07:32 PM report to moderator
Jenavieve_one_thumb

happy birthday ! would he really be 35 ?!?!

Posted by AlexWeasley12 {WitchFelicis130} on August 22, 2011, 07:38 PM report to moderator
Slytherin_girl_thumb

Happy birthday Percy!

Posted by Gvantsa on August 22, 2011, 08:12 PM report to moderator
Dl_10_thumb

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PERCY!!

Posted by GinnyPotter:) on August 22, 2011, 08:21 PM report to moderator
Tom-felton_thumb

Happy 35th Birthday Percy!! (I’m so glad you aren’t a complete git anymore, and you made up with your family!)

Posted by Maddie Malfoy on August 22, 2011, 08:32 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

In honor of Percy’s birthday, I would like to recycle the lyrics I wrote from his point of view for the Singing Crones. It’s a filk of a very well-known Gilbert & Sullivan patter song, ‘I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major-General,’ from ‘The Pirates of Penzance.’ It’s much funnier if you know the tune, as the words have to be crammed in very fast!

I AM THE VERY MODEL OF A MINION OF THE MINISTRY

(to the tune of ‘I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major-General,’ by W. S. Gilbert and Sir Arthur Sullivan, from ‘The Pirates of Penzance’: www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuAl8XqbejI)

I am the very model of a minion of the Ministry
I disapprove of magic even slightly dark or sinist’r-y
And I’m your man if ever you might need to know important stuff
Like how to tell if cauldron bottoms aren’t really up to snuff

When I go home on holidays I don’t sit on the couch a lot
I hole up in my room and write reports for Mr. Crouch a lot
And even though my siblings are all noisy and intractable
They’ll surely find that when it comes to work I’m not distractable

I’m really much too busy to be friendly or convivial
Obsessing on minutiae lesser minds consider trivial
And even though my boss is still addressing me as Weatherby
I am the very model of a minion of the Ministry

Perhaps in time I’ll be allowed to call my boss Bartemius
I’m privileged to work for an administrative genius
The tenses of two hundred languages the man can freely parse
And, if he asks in any one of them, I’d gladly kiss his…shoes

My robes are quite conservative, my hygiene is impeccable
Upon my shoulders not a speck of dandruff is detectable
I keep my shoes so shiny, I could see my own reflection there –
That is, if I could keep my nose from always being in the air

Although I laugh at Crouch’s jokes, I don’t approve of levity
And when I’m told to jump, I ask ‘How high?’ with gracious brevity
So any prudent witch or wizard absolutely must agree
I am the very model of a minion of the Ministry

Now none of us is perfect, and I’ve made a small mistake or two
Like scoffing at the evidence of the return of You-Know-Who
And overlooking Crouch’s being under the Imperius
But these were technicalities, and nothing very serious

You see, Dolores Umbridge warned me not to heed young Potter’s lies
And questioning authority to me has always seemed unwise
I never think creatively, I traffic in the actual
For when you’re a factotum, all your factoids must be factual

I always do as I am told – this isn’t a democracy –
And I am confident that I will rise through the bureaucracy
If anyone needs further proof, Cornelius Fudge promoted me
I am the very model of a minion of the Ministry!

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on August 22, 2011, 08:41 PM report to moderator
Call_me_snuffles_thumb

Happy Birthday Percy!

Posted by Free Elf on August 22, 2011, 09:07 PM report to moderator
Da_thumb

Happy Birthday Perce :)

Posted by harrypotter4258 on August 22, 2011, 09:12 PM report to moderator

Happy Birthday Perce!

Posted by vkooly on August 22, 2011, 09:17 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"But," said Ron... "I thought Ginny fancied Harry!"[br]Hermione looked at him rather pityingly and shook her head.[br]"Ginny [i]used[/i] to fancy Harry, but she gave up on him months ago. Not that she doesn't [i]like[/i] you, of course," she added kindly