Pottermore Blog Gives Additional Info on Magical Quill Challenge

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
August 02, 2011, 03:25 PM

The Pottermore Insider blog has answered a few more questions with regards to the Magical Quill Challenge. Of particular interest might be the time frame during which the fourth clue will be posted:

So far, all the clues have appeared in the early hours of the morning in my time zone. Will this continue for the remainder of The Magical Quill challenge?
We know that Harry Potter fans around the world are taking part in the challenge, so we will be varying the times that the clues are revealed. We can tell you that tomorrow's clue (Day 4) will be released between 2.00pm and 6.00pm BST.

Additional questions are included here. For your reference 2:00 pm BST is 9:00 am EST and 6:00 am PST.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Dhcalendar_thumb

I got mine on day 2!!!! I’m so happy!!! :D

Posted by Brianna on August 02, 2011, 09:13 PM report to moderator

Soooo around 11pm if you’re in eastern Australia I think…Hope to get it this time – been stuck on a train the last times.

Posted by Filmgirl152 on August 02, 2011, 09:15 PM report to moderator

I ask a question. I’m 34 years old. Is that okay for me to use quill? I love HP. I don’t know the policy? If so, what time it will start on EST? Thank you.

Posted by scottw on August 02, 2011, 09:15 PM report to moderator

Posted by scottw on August 02, 2011, 09:15 PM report to moderator

I’m 40 and got in his morning. There are no age restrictions. We are all young at heart!

Posted by OzaDole on August 02, 2011, 09:28 PM report to moderator

Thank you, OzaDole. But what time to start open 4 days? I will challenge it. :)

Posted by scottw on August 02, 2011, 09:57 PM report to moderator

Your time is 9 00 AM EST. :) I can’t wait. :)

Posted by scottw on August 02, 2011, 09:58 PM report to moderator
Img_0091_thumb

Good luck to everyone! :)

Posted by arianneross on August 02, 2011, 10:16 PM report to moderator

I had to get up early for work and decided to giver her a go at 5AM. I was surprised to get in and find the magic quill. And the latter part was made all the more difficult since I was using an adblocker that removed it. Thankfully, I turned it off and reloaded the page.

Posted by Feorge on August 02, 2011, 10:49 PM report to moderator

For people who have already got in… are the questions super hard? I’m asking because I don’t have my Harry Potter books with me right now and I need to know if they’ll be vital to getting in. If there’s any way of answering my question that would be great! Thanks!

Posted by nitaro48 on August 02, 2011, 11:04 PM report to moderator
Gossipgirlxoxo-716360_100_100_thumb

Yay!!!! I was preparing to wake up at 4am (as I’ve not been allowed to for the past couple of days) and now I can wake up at 9!! So happy :)

Posted by roseteaxx on August 02, 2011, 11:18 PM report to moderator
Potter_thumb

stayed up until 2 am pacific on monday can’t wait to be let into the beta

Posted by spongeboy1985 on August 02, 2011, 11:38 PM report to moderator
Potter_thumb

@nitaro48 I answered day 2’s question which was What chapter did Professor McGonagall cancel the Quidditch match and divide that number by 48. Luckily I had a copy of Chamber of secrets and skimmed for the part I knew hermione had been attacked and I found the part where Harry and Ron go into the forest so I flipped back and found it chapter 14

Posted by spongeboy1985 on August 02, 2011, 11:45 PM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

good luck to everyone who tries in the morning!

Posted by purplehogwarts on August 03, 2011, 12:07 AM report to moderator

squee Got mine at 5 am on the second night! x3 Can’t wait for them to start signaling us to log in. Good luck to everybody!

Posted by Ayami on August 03, 2011, 12:28 AM report to moderator

"I am afraid... I am afraid that you are in grave danger!" Professor Trelawney finished dramatically.[br]There was a pause. Professor Umbridge surveyed Professor Trelawney.[br]"Right," she said softly, scribbling on her clipboard once more. "Well, if that