Pottermore Blog Gives Additional Info on Magical Quill Challenge

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
August 02, 2011, 03:25 PM

The Pottermore Insider blog has answered a few more questions with regards to the Magical Quill Challenge. Of particular interest might be the time frame during which the fourth clue will be posted:

So far, all the clues have appeared in the early hours of the morning in my time zone. Will this continue for the remainder of The Magical Quill challenge?
We know that Harry Potter fans around the world are taking part in the challenge, so we will be varying the times that the clues are revealed. We can tell you that tomorrow's clue (Day 4) will be released between 2.00pm and 6.00pm BST.

Additional questions are included here. For your reference 2:00 pm BST is 9:00 am EST and 6:00 am PST.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Imagesca3rqab7_thumb

YES! I am so determined now! Bring it on magic quill!!!

Posted by Madira Ulthar on August 02, 2011, 06:35 PM report to moderator
Imagesca3rqab7_thumb

YES! I am so determined now! Bring it on magic quill!!!

Posted by Madira Ulthar on August 02, 2011, 06:36 PM report to moderator

I stayed up all night and got mine at 4:15 am. I don’t think age makes a difference.

Posted by Ratorr on August 02, 2011, 06:37 PM report to moderator

I was able to get mine on Monday :) I hope everyone that hasn’t been able to sign up will be able to soon.

Posted by jbug1304 on August 02, 2011, 06:40 PM report to moderator

I’m curious as to why my kids all received a second email with their username and I only received the first one that took me to the site to register, so of course I don’t remember what my username is now. Is it so that I will have their information for them since they are under the age of 13?

Posted by tlhorton on August 02, 2011, 06:52 PM report to moderator
108_thumb

I bet that is why tlhorton but I could be wrong. I didn’t get a second email either. I am so thrilled to have been able to register the first night.

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on August 02, 2011, 07:15 PM report to moderator

Hi HP’s Followers!

I would like to present a little and modest app (edited by myself) for android phones, to keep HP universe in your pocket!

- Read and remember the events of each of the 7 volumes!
- Learn from the last HP’s news (movies, JK Rowling surprises, …)
- Visualize the best picture of Harry and pick one into your wallpaper!
- Discover the UK places where HP movies were shot!
Please feel free to make any suggestion to improve the app!

TO DOWNLOAD
Type:
Harry Potter Fan App
Or Click on:

Price: 1,49€ / ~2$ / 1,10£

If you don’t like, you can be reimbrused during the next 15 minutes (but don’t forget to leave me a message to improve the app) :-)

Posted by 1prod4 on August 02, 2011, 07:36 PM report to moderator
Harry-and-ginny-hugging-half-blood-prince-harry-potter-actors-1550738-400-371_thumb

Got mine a 5 am this morning food luck to everyone else!!!

Posted by Ready for some quidditch on August 02, 2011, 07:57 PM report to moderator

my bad *good

Posted by Ready for some quidditch on August 02, 2011, 07:58 PM report to moderator
Pegasus1_thumb

Oh this is good news!! I’m an elder witch and it took I don’t care to mention how many cups of coffee to stay up until after 3:00 am this morning waiting on the 3rd clue! That was MISERABLE, but I got in! I’m so glad at least tomorrow people here in the states won’t have to sit up all night for this opportunity. Good luck fellow Leakians!

Posted by Mom Weasley on August 02, 2011, 08:36 PM report to moderator

i hop i can get in! i have been trying and i cant figure out the right time!!!:(

Posted by peeves16 on August 02, 2011, 08:37 PM report to moderator
Photo_080206_009_thumb

It was 3 am in California, and I’d been checking at 1 am, 2 am, and wham! But, elaborate complicated process for sure. And the final email took another 45 minutes to arrive. I’m Auntie Muriel’s age, so this was tough. But worth it!

Posted by Didir on August 02, 2011, 08:43 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Good luck everybody — I had to be up all night to finally register at 5:30 am.

Posted by Girlraven1 on August 02, 2011, 08:46 PM report to moderator
Pic_20_2312ma14060069-0001_thumb

I’m out again :( have to work all day,was hoping it was going to be 7am EST,would have been perfect.Well I almost got it this morning just didn’t subtract the number.Got my nap in later.Off thursday,so being that Order is still my fav book,please,please I have to get it for that one! good luck everyone else tomorrow.

Posted by Dlcohm7 on August 02, 2011, 08:47 PM report to moderator
Deathlyhallows_thumb

I also got it at 5am on the second day! thank you job for making me get up so early. Good luck to everyone else! I’m SO excited! :)

Posted by FullofWrackspurts [ROAR] on August 02, 2011, 09:12 PM report to moderator

Harry hadn't had a single letter since Hagrid's note, something that Malfoy had been quick to notice, of course. Malfoy's eagle owl was always bringing him packages of sweets from home, which he opened gloatingly at the Slytherin table.