Pottermore Insider Updated: Beta Access Continues, Staggered Entrance

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
August 18, 2011, 02:57 PM

The Pottermore Insider blog has been updated to mark the progress of the first few days of beta access to the Harry Potter online reading experience.  The blog post reads, in part:

At the start of this week, we sent out Welcome emails to a small number of Beta users. These people have been busy exploring the site, leaving comments to tell us when they like something, and making suggestions when they find something they would like us to improve. In just four days we’ve learned an awful lot and, as a result, have started making changes to improve the Pottermore experience.
We know that a lot of people are eager to receive their Welcome emails and that it’s difficult to wait but, as we mentioned in our earlier blog post, we’re staggering entry to Pottermore and to start with we’re only letting a small number of people onto the site.

Leaky has access to Pottermore and is updating this post with our live observations throughout the day.  A full review will be posted shortly.

If you have access to this beta version of Pottermore, please do share your thoughts in the comments below!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Buckbeak_thumb

Ok listen – you guys don’t want me in your house either if I really only want Ravenclaw. I’ll be looking for nargles all the time.

Posted by Girlraven1 on August 21, 2011, 06:12 PM report to moderator
Tete_ben_thumb

“They’re called Thestrals” (dreamy, eery and spooky voice) :-)))

Posted by Noz on August 22, 2011, 03:33 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

I don’t care which house I end up in except slytherin period! that said I’m am starting to lose patience, I want my email :(

Posted by mencia on August 22, 2011, 04:41 AM report to moderator
Rumbleroar__by_weddersins_thumb

why does no one want to be in slytherin? It’s not that bad, I don’t mind which house I get put into cause I know it’ll be right for me. Though I think I’m either a Ravenclaw or a Hufflepuff ;)

Posted by RumbleRoarrrrr on August 22, 2011, 06:39 AM report to moderator

i think i will be sorted in Hufflepuf or Ravenclaw.. Ravenclaw because I sometimes act a little like Luna :-) (Loena is the dutch translation for Luna) but still patiently waiting my welcome mail.

Posted by Loena2009 on August 22, 2011, 08:55 AM report to moderator

Well, it’s 2:30pm on Monday where I am, and still no updates on the insider, so if they are sending out more emails today, they must be going more by American timezones. I got the quill on day 2 pretty quickly, so I’m hoping I’ll get in soon, but I don’t want to get in today now because I have to work tonight and wouldn’t be able to get in even if I got the email. Can’t wait to get sorted!!!

Posted by songbird on August 22, 2011, 09:03 AM report to moderator
Roxicons-icon42_thumb

They just sent another batch of emails. Good luck everyone!

Posted by Heiwa on August 22, 2011, 12:48 PM report to moderator

More emails just updated

Posted by tim_2006 on August 22, 2011, 01:32 PM report to moderator

Got the welcome email. Day 5 quill

Posted by tim_2006 on August 22, 2011, 01:45 PM report to moderator

I am so excited finally!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by tim_2006 on August 22, 2011, 01:48 PM report to moderator

I am off to hogwarts see you lot soon.

Posted by tim_2006 on August 22, 2011, 01:49 PM report to moderator

no email for me :((((( day 1 quill

Posted by the_chosen_one4 on August 22, 2011, 02:44 PM report to moderator
Vanishing_cabinet_thumb

.________. WHUT. (angry day 2er) !!

Posted by Sara Greengrass (S Palms) on August 22, 2011, 02:47 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

None for me, either :(

Posted by LovesLaborLost on August 22, 2011, 03:01 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Accio, email!

Posted by LovesLaborLost on August 22, 2011, 03:09 PM report to moderator

It was his fault Sirius had died; it was all his fault. If he, Harry, had not been stupid enough to fall for Voldemort's trick, if he had not been so convinced that what he had seen in his dream was real, if he had only opened his mind to the possibility

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014