Pottermore Insider Updated: Beta Access Continues, Staggered Entrance

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
August 18, 2011, 02:57 PM

The Pottermore Insider blog has been updated to mark the progress of the first few days of beta access to the Harry Potter online reading experience.  The blog post reads, in part:

At the start of this week, we sent out Welcome emails to a small number of Beta users. These people have been busy exploring the site, leaving comments to tell us when they like something, and making suggestions when they find something they would like us to improve. In just four days we’ve learned an awful lot and, as a result, have started making changes to improve the Pottermore experience.
We know that a lot of people are eager to receive their Welcome emails and that it’s difficult to wait but, as we mentioned in our earlier blog post, we’re staggering entry to Pottermore and to start with we’re only letting a small number of people onto the site.

Leaky has access to Pottermore and is updating this post with our live observations throughout the day.  A full review will be posted shortly.

If you have access to this beta version of Pottermore, please do share your thoughts in the comments below!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Tete_ben_thumb

@Nickan8r71
That’s funny because I had almost the same way of thinking concerning the sorting. I always figured I was a Gryffindor, but in the back of my mind I thought “well, I might be a ravenclaw after all…” Ultimatly I was put in Gryff and that’s really fine since it answers certain aspects of my personality and a personal longing (and people around me confirmed that) but part of me would have wanted to discover Ravenclaw from the inside… :-) And I also kept thinking “not slytherin”. It worked too !!
As for the house preference, I did not get it, nor did my boyfriend, so it really is a matter of what you answer in the first questions. Certain answers might trigger certain questions and so on. But ultimately it’s about the choices we make, right ? ^^

Posted by Noz on August 19, 2011, 11:27 AM report to moderator
Tete_ben_thumb

@Nickan8r71
Oops, and I almost forgot : I hope we can invite friends from other houses in our own someday, because that would be really nice to discover the info concerning the other common rooms. I don’t recall of such a thing in the books (everytime we discovered other common rooms – slytherin and ravenclaw – it was through misdemeanor), but I think I’ll suggest it via the beta …

Posted by Noz on August 19, 2011, 11:31 AM report to moderator
38093_1525112213973_1419668696_2107419_4307673_n_thumb

pottermorepolls.webs.com has new polls up! particiapte to make them more accurate and to find out exactly when and who is getting into the Beta!

Posted by Sohumdore on August 19, 2011, 11:54 AM report to moderator

@Noz

Great idea about inviting friends into other common rooms! I suspect all the common rooms on Pottermore have the same functionality and layout and everything, but it’d be nice to be able to access the information about each house. Since I was sorted into Ravenclaw, i am only able to see the new information about that house (which is great), but I, like probably everybody, would love to be able to read any new information JKR has written about the other house. I want to read everything new i can get my greedy little eyes on!

Posted by Nickan8r71 on August 19, 2011, 01:01 PM report to moderator
Rumbleroar__by_weddersins_thumb

has anyone from day 3 got into the beta site yet? I’m still waiting :/

Posted by RumbleRoarrrrr on August 19, 2011, 01:12 PM report to moderator

registered on day 1, still waiting :(

Posted by the_chosen_one4 on August 19, 2011, 01:44 PM report to moderator

can’t wait for pottermore!! from what im hearing from people who already have access to it, it is AMAZING!! i can’t stop thinking about it….
im literally checking my email every hour expecting it to come!!
they should just sending all of them out already……it is absolutely frustrating!! :(

Posted by HPFForeva317 on August 19, 2011, 01:54 PM report to moderator

they updated though , telling they’ve sent some emails at 12.30 pm BST …but no email for me…

Posted by the_chosen_one4 on August 19, 2011, 02:00 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

I got in in today’s batch (quill in day 1, fairly soon after it appeared).

Posted by roonwit on August 19, 2011, 02:17 PM report to moderator

i also got in on day one, but still waiting…………

Posted by Loena2009 on August 19, 2011, 02:32 PM report to moderator
Deathly-hallows-sign_thumb

I got in right away on day 2 and the waiting is killing me. I guess that’s why Tom Petty wrote the waiting is the hardest part. Also, I am constantly asking my friends if they have gotten in yet and so far, no one I know has gotten in. :(

Posted by xanzibar on August 19, 2011, 02:51 PM report to moderator
Wall_thumb

I registered first thing day 2 and I got in the second day Pottermore was open. Still can’t believe I’m in. My husband registered a few minutes later and still no welcome letter for him. I’ve thought I was a Hufflepuff for a long time and that’s where I was sorted. Once you get in, take your time and explore the pages. There’s much more there then meets the eye and it gets better as you go along. Be patient, you’ll get in.

Posted by Loader Lady on August 19, 2011, 03:41 PM report to moderator
Tete_ben_thumb

@Nickan8r71
Right now, there is no info whatsoever in gryffindor common room, but I guess that was to be expected, since we know it pretty well from the books… I still hope that stuff will be added in the future, like how it was founded, if there are hidden things, and of course I’d like to know so much more about the founders… :-))

Posted by Noz on August 19, 2011, 03:43 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Just doing the math, if they broke the million slots into even amounts for each day of the 7 day challenge, it would have been 142,857 slots per day to reach the million beta testers. So far, I’m hearing between 15,000 and 20,000 are in? We’ve got a long way to go, folks. I’m resigned to wait. It sounds awesome!

Posted by LovesLaborLost on August 19, 2011, 04:39 PM report to moderator
Rumbleroar__by_weddersins_thumb

It’s sounds amazing and I am soooooo excited for it, doesn’t look like it’s in order though (day 1’s first, then day 2’s…)

Posted by RumbleRoarrrrr on August 19, 2011, 04:49 PM report to moderator

Tall, thin, and black-hooded, his terrible snakelike face white and gaunt, his scarlet, slit-pupiled eyes staring... Lord Voldemort had appeared in the middle of the hall, his wand pointing at Harry who stood frozen, quite unable to move.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014