Pottermore Insider Updated: Beta Access Continues, Staggered Entrance

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
August 18, 2011, 02:57 PM

The Pottermore Insider blog has been updated to mark the progress of the first few days of beta access to the Harry Potter online reading experience.  The blog post reads, in part:

At the start of this week, we sent out Welcome emails to a small number of Beta users. These people have been busy exploring the site, leaving comments to tell us when they like something, and making suggestions when they find something they would like us to improve. In just four days we’ve learned an awful lot and, as a result, have started making changes to improve the Pottermore experience.
We know that a lot of people are eager to receive their Welcome emails and that it’s difficult to wait but, as we mentioned in our earlier blog post, we’re staggering entry to Pottermore and to start with we’re only letting a small number of people onto the site.

Leaky has access to Pottermore and is updating this post with our live observations throughout the day.  A full review will be posted shortly.

If you have access to this beta version of Pottermore, please do share your thoughts in the comments below!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

you guys are making me jealous with all this talk about pottermore when I’m still waiting for me owl, hope it will be soon really soon :(

Posted by mencia on August 24, 2011, 09:50 AM report to moderator
Roxicons-icon42_thumb

Another batch of e-mails was just sent.
Have not gotten mine yet. :(

Posted by Heiwa on August 24, 2011, 10:45 AM report to moderator

Best of luck you lot

Posted by tim_2006 on August 24, 2011, 10:46 AM report to moderator

Best of luck you lot

Posted by tim_2006 on August 24, 2011, 10:46 AM report to moderator

Still waiting for my email. I guess since I registered on Day 6, I’ll be waiting for a while. By the sounds of it, I’m sure it’ll be worth the wait (:

Posted by MagicalMe^_^ on August 24, 2011, 10:55 AM report to moderator

Ok. The Pottermore team officially sucks.

Posted by tim_2006 on August 24, 2011, 10:57 AM report to moderator

A week and 2 days. That is outrageous.

Posted by tim_2006 on August 24, 2011, 11:01 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

I wish they would announce when they will sent the emails like they did with the clues that way one doesn’t have to check the inbox every hour……

Posted by mencia on August 24, 2011, 11:13 AM report to moderator

Another batch was sent like an hour ago and still no e-mail for me :( But still check your inbox you might have gotten lucky ;)

Posted by CatrinJane on August 24, 2011, 11:24 AM report to moderator

no email for me…still waiting…hoping…Errol where are you?

Posted by Loena2009 on August 24, 2011, 11:37 AM report to moderator
Graylady_thumb

I have set my phone to alarm when I get a new e-mail, so I don’t have to keep checking thousands of times a day lol. However, that means every time an e-mail comes, even in the middle of the night, I wake up and check quickly. So maybe it is still just as obsessive to check that way!

Posted by snapegal27 on August 24, 2011, 12:05 PM report to moderator

What makes me most anxious is not knowing when the email will arrive. I wish pottermore insider would give us some sort of idea of how they are choosing the order of who gets access to the site and when. ..or maybe when they plan on sending out the next batch of emails.. even an estimate is great. It would alleviate some of my anxiety and I wouldn’t have to check my email every 5 minutes.

Posted by MagicalMe^_^ on August 24, 2011, 01:53 PM report to moderator

snapegal27 i did that too!!! no email for me today though……

Posted by the_chosen_one4 on August 24, 2011, 05:02 PM report to moderator

I’m starting to think my email is broken :o/

Posted by Doxie2962 on August 24, 2011, 05:20 PM report to moderator
Vanishing_cabinet_thumb

@Doxie lolololol, me too. Glad I’m not the only one..

Posted by Sara Greengrass (S Palms) on August 24, 2011, 05:25 PM report to moderator

Ron, who had been gazing at Harry, said, "You don't know how bizarre it is to see Goyle [i]thinking[/i]."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014