Dan Radcliffe Talks "The Woman in Black"

Radcliffe
Posted by: Mel
August 17, 2011, 08:04 PM

Yahoo has a new interview up with Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) where he discusses why he decided to make "The Woman in Black" his first post-Harry Potter film:

Radcliffe said, "It was certainly not a part that people can really compare to Harry… But [the] main attraction, to be honest, was simply the story, and how compelling it was, and being a part of a really, really good horror film."

In "The Woman in Black," Radcliffe plays Arthur Kipps, a lawyer whose wife has died leaving him with a young son.  He is sent to a small village to sort out the affairs of a deceased client, but as he delves into local secrets he encounters a ghostly presence that foretells a deadly curse.  Radcliffe called the film's script "a character-driven, well-written horror film that had the capability of being just as scary as any Paranormal Activity,' or any of those films that have recently come out,  while also having a depth of character that you don't often find there."

Radcliffe also discusses how Adrian Rawlins (James Potter) played Arthur Kipps in the 1989 television movie of "The Woman in Black":

Radcliffe recalled that he had finished work on the final film, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," and was preparing for this when he learned this fact.  He said, "I went online and, saw, suddenly, yes, Adrian Rawlins's name came up who was one of loveliest actors we've ever had on 'Potter,' and he played my dad."  Radcliffe said the link was entirely coincidental, but that "it was another bit of kinship we had there."

You can read the rest of the article here. The teaser trailer for "The Woman in Black" was released yesterday. "The Woman in Black" will be released February 3, 2012.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

I love how the the actor that plays James actually played his chracter that he has in The Woman in Black! Amazing connection! :D I would like to watch this movie, but I’m a wuss when it comes to scary movies! B-but I might puck up the courageand just watch it just to see Daniel :)

Posted by . on August 18, 2011, 02:20 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

How very nice…

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on August 18, 2011, 03:59 AM report to moderator
Together_forever_thumb

it looks soo good i wanna see it even though i dont like scary movies but this is different!!!

Posted by ❤Haa~Chan❤ on August 18, 2011, 05:05 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Cant wait for this

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on August 18, 2011, 08:33 AM report to moderator
Together_forever_thumb

how come the tralior hasnt come on tv yet??? i wanna see it on big screen .

Posted by ❤Haa~Chan❤ on August 18, 2011, 08:42 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

aww that’s so awesome that they shared that as well. I’m not a big fan of horror movies but I’m tempted to watch this one because of Dan

Posted by mencia on August 18, 2011, 09:32 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

just watching the trailer gives me the chills…

Posted by mencia on August 18, 2011, 09:41 AM report to moderator
Ruin_thumb

That trailer alone gave me chills! headed to Amazon to load the book onto my Kindle

Posted by nundu on August 18, 2011, 11:29 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I really want to see it :D

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on August 18, 2011, 01:14 PM report to moderator
Ron-weasley_thumb

Trust me… if it’s as good as the stage version, it’ll be awesome. I’ve seen the stage version three times and scared me each time.

And I’m a 39 year old bloke.

Posted by ThetaSigma [ROAR!!!] on August 18, 2011, 03:11 PM report to moderator
Scarlet_tanager_thumb

Ohhh very cool link there.
i had no idea!

Posted by trip_le_threat on August 19, 2011, 04:16 AM report to moderator
Daniel-radcliffewearinghat2_thumb

Creepy………not something I’d watch……………….but Dan’s in it!

Posted by CocoaPuffs1580 on August 19, 2011, 11:24 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Seems interesting!

Posted by ParisThePotterLuver on August 19, 2011, 09:13 PM report to moderator
Harrypotter_thumb

i cant wait to see this movie

Posted by harrypotter12345677 on August 21, 2011, 06:48 PM report to moderator
From_start_to_finish_by_tian_cai-d33cmh1_thumb

that’s interesting that harry potters father actor is playing in the movie! now i’m more excited to see it! i love creepy stuff :3, i mean i watch ghost adventures and paranormal activity :D. i want it to come out now!

Posted by handhrfan18 on August 21, 2011, 10:43 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"From what the headmaster told me this morning, you saved a lot of lives last night, Harry. If I'm proud of anything I've done this year, it's how much you've learned..."