TV Watch: J.K. Rowling on BBC's "Who Do You Think You Are?" Tomorrow, Aug. 17 at 9pm BST

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
August 16, 2011, 02:00 PM

J.K. Rowling's appearance on the BBC1 show "Who Do You Think You Are?" will air tomorrow, Wednesday, August 17th at 9pm BST in the U.K.

Always intrigued by her late mother's French ancestry, the Harry Potter author delves into her Gallic roots by visiting Edinburgh, London and Paris. Keen to find out why her great-grandfather, Louis Volant, was awarded one of France's most prestigious medals for his actions during the First World War, the writer makes a surprising and shocking discovery. Even further back, she encounters an ancestor who triumphed against all the odds.
Earlier this month, Ms. Rowling gave an interview to the Radio Times in which she discussed her experience on the show and the decision to trace her mother's French ancestry. We hope to have video of her appearance on the show once it airs!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Shaw__4__thumb

I’m all set for it!

Posted by HogwartsForever on August 16, 2011, 02:08 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_thumb

I wish their was a way for people in the U.S. to watch it! I guess I will have to wait until it appears online.

Posted by moisenallie16 on August 16, 2011, 02:17 PM report to moderator
Pic_20_2312ma14060069-0001_thumb

Really looking forward to this! They will post it here for us non UK peeps.

Posted by Dlcohm7 on August 16, 2011, 02:21 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_thumb

There’s no way I’m gonna miss this, nothing will keep that tv from me!

Posted by butterbeerbottle on August 16, 2011, 02:35 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

It isn’t 9pm GMT, it is 9pm BST – one hour earlier.

Posted by roonwit on August 16, 2011, 03:24 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

Can’t wait to see it. There have been trailers for it all over the BBC, I’ve been trying to find a copy of them to send to Leaky, but no luck so far.

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on August 16, 2011, 03:52 PM report to moderator
Me_2010_thumb

Thanks, Roonwit! I always get that confused!

Posted by Stephanie J on August 16, 2011, 04:02 PM report to moderator

I won’t be able to watch it but I sure hope someone posts the whole episode on YouTube!

Posted by . on August 16, 2011, 04:13 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I hope this come on BBCAmerica sometime soon.

Posted by LunaLuver on August 16, 2011, 04:27 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I’ve got it ready to record. I can’t wait to see it!!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on August 16, 2011, 05:44 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

I don’t get it here but maybe online later.

Posted by Girlraven1 on August 16, 2011, 07:02 PM report to moderator
Img_0594_1__thumb

Yeah, I have to wait until its on the internet.

Posted by CorruptedNethicite on August 16, 2011, 07:14 PM report to moderator
Imagescaf0zk2w_thumb

too bad i cant watch :(

Posted by #1harrypotterfan{ROAR} on August 16, 2011, 07:19 PM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

I’ll also have to wait to see if it’s online. Sounds interesting!

Posted by purplehogwarts on August 16, 2011, 08:09 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

I can’t wait to see it tonight at 9pm!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on August 17, 2011, 03:10 AM report to moderator

"I mean, nobody wishes more than I do that it had all been quick and clean, and my head had come off properly, I mean, it would have saved me a great deal of pain and ridicule."