First Impressions of Pottermore Appear Online

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
August 15, 2011, 11:24 PM

A few hours ago, early beta access was opened to a select few registered members of Pottermore, J. K. Rowling's newest Harry Potter project.  A few entertainment sites have posted early reviews and first impressions of the site.  Be warned, spoilers Entertainment Weekly had this to say of the site:

First things first, for those who were worried that this would be just the skeletal frame of a game used to sell audiobooks or ebooks or plush sorting hats or whatever: it’s not. Even though the site is currently limited to material relating to the first book, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, there’s still more than enough to make your entire afternoon disappear like a temporus suckus spell.
EW delves further into the detail of the site, commenting on the different moments and elements included in Pottermore.  Big Shiny Robot also has a first impression review online, stepping through the first steps of the experience.  To hear their thoughts, click here to read.

A number of Leaky readers have let us know they been among those granted early access to the site. If you have, please do let us know @Leaky or in the comments below!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Thank_you_thumb

Come on email! I need to get in NOW!

Posted by Livi22-((ROAR!)) on August 16, 2011, 03:25 AM report to moderator

I can’t wait

Posted by lpierich on August 16, 2011, 03:57 AM report to moderator
Dsc_0091_thumb

I just got my email few minutes ago and kept shouting “Oh my God, oh my God!” and had to share this here… I’m so excited!!!

Posted by tibby71 on August 16, 2011, 04:26 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

I’m still waiting for my email, I hope I’ll get it very soon :)

Posted by mencia on August 16, 2011, 04:30 AM report to moderator
Mad-eye-moody_thumb

Hoping I’ll get in soon, soooo excited!!!

Posted by eccentricalice on August 16, 2011, 05:22 AM report to moderator
Timeturner2_thumb

Can’t wait, it looks wicked. :-D

Posted by mariakingsford on August 16, 2011, 05:26 AM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

Are we receiving welcome emails in the order we registered? Has that rumor been confirmed?

Posted by purplehogwarts on August 16, 2011, 07:02 AM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Oh well — I will have to wait.

Posted by Girlraven1 on August 16, 2011, 07:07 AM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

It looks great!

Posted by Girlraven1 on August 16, 2011, 07:09 AM report to moderator
Tete_ben_thumb

@purplehogwarts
No, I don’t think so. My boyfriend and I passed the challenge on day 1 at the exact same time (give or take a few minutes) and he got his email several hours ago whereas I’m still waiting for mine. Gggrrr….

Posted by Noz on August 16, 2011, 07:21 AM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

@Noz
Darn! I don’t think that’s fair. Those of us who stayed up late to get accepted in the first few days should be granted acess first!

Posted by purplehogwarts on August 16, 2011, 07:32 AM report to moderator
Shaw__4__thumb

Are the Pottermore people letting the media in to have a sneak peak at the Beta PM? I’d hate to think valuable spaces were being wasted on EW and Big Shiny Robot…

Posted by HogwartsForever on August 16, 2011, 07:33 AM report to moderator
Hg6_7_thumb

still waiting for the welcome e-mail can’t wait :(

Posted by Nada on August 16, 2011, 07:38 AM report to moderator
Hg6_7_thumb

still waiting for the welcome e-mail can’t wait :(

Posted by Nada on August 16, 2011, 07:38 AM report to moderator
Hg6_7_thumb

still waiting for the welcome e-mail can’t wait :(

Posted by Nada on August 16, 2011, 07:38 AM report to moderator

"Oh, move over," Hermione snarled. She grabbed Harry's wand, tapped the lock, and whispered, [i]"Alohomora!"[/i][br] The lock clicked and the door swung open.