First Impressions of Pottermore Appear Online

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
August 15, 2011, 11:24 PM

A few hours ago, early beta access was opened to a select few registered members of Pottermore, J. K. Rowling's newest Harry Potter project.  A few entertainment sites have posted early reviews and first impressions of the site.  Be warned, spoilers Entertainment Weekly had this to say of the site:

First things first, for those who were worried that this would be just the skeletal frame of a game used to sell audiobooks or ebooks or plush sorting hats or whatever: it’s not. Even though the site is currently limited to material relating to the first book, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, there’s still more than enough to make your entire afternoon disappear like a temporus suckus spell.
EW delves further into the detail of the site, commenting on the different moments and elements included in Pottermore.  Big Shiny Robot also has a first impression review online, stepping through the first steps of the experience.  To hear their thoughts, click here to read.

A number of Leaky readers have let us know they been among those granted early access to the site. If you have, please do let us know @Leaky or in the comments below!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

I’ve already seen this before. Makes me even more excited!! Gawww… CAN’T WAIT… :)

Posted by TheOtherHorcrux on August 15, 2011, 11:39 PM report to moderator

Have I just invented the phrase “Gawww”???

Posted by TheOtherHorcrux on August 15, 2011, 11:40 PM report to moderator

Have I just invented the phrase “Gawww”???

Posted by TheOtherHorcrux on August 15, 2011, 11:40 PM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

Ooh cool! Can’t wait to receive my early-entrance email. I hope it’s soooooon!

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on August 15, 2011, 11:41 PM report to moderator
Dhsmall_thumb

I cannot wait!!!!

Posted by akcorr on August 15, 2011, 11:44 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I know of at least 1/2 dozen Leaky members who have been granted first access…

Posted by Won_Two on August 16, 2011, 12:33 AM report to moderator
Me_harry_thumb

I LOVE IT.

Posted by Oxie on August 16, 2011, 01:21 AM report to moderator
Me_harry_thumb

Oh yeah. And I got my letter today. Been playing for hours, but I wanted to get my wand and sorted by the Sorting Hat before I went to bed. Night!

Posted by Oxie on August 16, 2011, 01:23 AM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

Still waiting for my welcome letter…this is exciting though! CAN"T WAIT!!

Posted by purplehogwarts on August 16, 2011, 01:29 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

It’s so exciting, it sounds like a really great experience, I hope I get my email soon.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on August 16, 2011, 02:01 AM report to moderator

Still waiting and waiting and waiting for my letter. I hope I get it real soon

Posted by Halcyone Puddlemere on August 16, 2011, 02:15 AM report to moderator
Hbphottopic_thumb

wicked!! all I can say is Errol hurry home with my letter

Posted by dayrenm on August 16, 2011, 02:21 AM report to moderator

I got my e-mail at like 9:30am CST, I heard my phone e-mail alert beep and I got really excited like I always do hoping for the pottermore entry e-mail, and it was actually there this time! I have been so addicted all day :)

Posted by fairylights04 on August 16, 2011, 02:46 AM report to moderator
Roxicons-icon42_thumb

It looks great! I can’t wait!

Posted by Heiwa on August 16, 2011, 02:55 AM report to moderator
Morse_telegrapher_thumb

Nice review by “Big Shiney Robot”. Be sure to read it. Most informative.

Posted by Phoenix1946 on August 16, 2011, 03:19 AM report to moderator

"Shouldn'ta lost me temper," he said ruefully, "but it didn't work anyway. Meant ter turn [Dudley] into a pig, but I suppose he was so much like a pig anyway there wasn't much left ter do."