Early Beta Testing Access for Pottermore Begins; October Registration to Open Soon

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
August 15, 2011, 11:19 AM

The Pottemore Insider Blog has just been updated to announce that early access to Pottermore has begun for those who found those Magical Quills and signed up for a chance at early access.  The blog post, in part, reads:

We’re excited to announce that early access to Pottermore has begun, so if you’re one of the million people who found The Magical Quill and registered for early access, please read the rest of this Insider  post carefully.
The most important thing to know is that we need to stagger entry to the ‘Beta’ (early) version of Pottermore so we can properly collect all the feedback. To begin with, we’ll be inviting a very small number of people onto the website, so you may not receive your Welcome email straight away.
We’ll be sending those Welcome emails out over the coming weeks and, once yours arrives, you’ll be able to log in and start helping us develop the Pottermore experience.
The blog post continues, describing the way in which beta testers may give feedback to the site, including a feedback button and survey for each beta tester.
Finally, the blog post makes mention of registration for the October.  The post states:
- If you have submitted your email address to be notified when registration is open to all, then you’ll be hearing from us soon, and you'll be able to register for entry in October.
- If you asked to be notified when registration was open to all but also registered for Beta, then you may receive two emails from us. You do not have to register for October if you already have a validated early access (Beta) account. In other words, if you received a Beta ‘Congratulations!’ message then you can ignore the ‘Pottermore registration is now open’ email (although do feel free to forward it to your friends!).
Stick very close to Leaky for the latest!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Morse_telegrapher_thumb

Good Morning!

It looks like we have a quorum. Where would you like to relocate the ward?

Posted by AurorPhoenix on September 04, 2012, 06:56 AM report to moderator
Mirror_card_7_thumb

I think we need all the ongoing players to agree. For now my vote is to stay here since it captures the history. We know myH doesn’t. And FB is limited (I think) as it is hard to keep tracking back. Maybe someone who knows more about FB can help answer that. I still have not given up on the old site. Maybe brookesi can find out something. I am also willing to try a new host (even if means we need to contribute for a membership fee). However, I don’t have the skill to set it up (but am willing to help/learn).

Posted by Mollycairn on September 04, 2012, 07:33 AM report to moderator
Owl5_thumb

Exactly, we are afterall the Golden Patients of the Closed Ward :D

I shall try to return again this evening, am helping mum cook today, well it’s more like I hover and taste stuff she has made, like a quality control person, but still that is my kind of cooking :D

Take care all love you :heart:

Posted by VIkkiomega aka Storm on September 04, 2012, 07:45 AM report to moderator
Owl5_thumb

I too think we should stay here and for more private stuff dont forget we have the club here that only has us as members. Also I want to give it time to return to our site, but if necessary I am up for a new host and would also help.

Funnily enough there are even sites where you can almost create a virtual world with avatars that move around, but I don’t know enough about it yet. Am willing to learn what I can but right now I have family commitments so will be a bit out of it.

Posted by VIkkiomega aka Storm on September 04, 2012, 07:52 AM report to moderator
Mirror_card_7_thumb

I am willing to learn whatever is needed to help :D

Posted by Mollycairn on September 04, 2012, 08:01 AM report to moderator
Mirror_card_7_thumb

I am off in a few minutes to go shopping at the Muggle market :S

Posted by Mollycairn on September 04, 2012, 08:02 AM report to moderator
Natterjack_toad_thumb

For now I would say we stay here, and hope that our site will fully return soon :) (Maybe even a closed ward needs a vacation now and then :p).
If it doesn’t return, we can go looking for a new site/host or whatever! As long as I’m with my crazy friends, I don’t mind where we find a new (or old) home :D

Posted by Ninath on September 04, 2012, 08:54 AM report to moderator
Morse_telegrapher_thumb

Whatever the group decides is good with me. It’s the running around trying to follow a conversation across several sites that I find a pain.

Posted by AurorPhoenix on September 04, 2012, 09:08 AM report to moderator
Morse_telegrapher_thumb

Still no key!

Posted by AurorPhoenix on September 04, 2012, 09:17 AM report to moderator
Mirror_card_7_thumb

I just heard from brookesi. The same message as before is out there. He is ging to try to escalate a service ticket.

Posted by Mollycairn on September 04, 2012, 10:52 AM report to moderator
Morse_telegrapher_thumb

I was just composing a message to tell him that it has been down for 24 hours. He must be using oclumancy!

Posted by AurorPhoenix on September 04, 2012, 11:31 AM report to moderator
Mirror_card_7_thumb

No, LOL, I sent him a message this morning. I mentioned it a page back, but we had likely moved on this page when you signed in :D

Posted by Mollycairn on September 04, 2012, 12:15 PM report to moderator
Morse_telegrapher_thumb

The site is UP!

Posted by AurorPhoenix on September 04, 2012, 01:34 PM report to moderator
Imagesca5dnhp9_thumb

Hello ~ anyone here :s

Posted by Luna294 aka Silver on September 04, 2012, 01:36 PM report to moderator
Morse_telegrapher_thumb

No, I’m over on the site!

Posted by AurorPhoenix on September 04, 2012, 01:41 PM report to moderator

"Mistletoe," said Luna dreamily, pointing at a large clump of white berries placed almost over Harry's head. He jumped out from under it. "Good thinking," said Luna very seriously. "It's often infested with nargles."