Early Beta Testing Access for Pottermore Begins; October Registration to Open Soon

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
August 15, 2011, 11:19 AM

The Pottemore Insider Blog has just been updated to announce that early access to Pottermore has begun for those who found those Magical Quills and signed up for a chance at early access.  The blog post, in part, reads:

We’re excited to announce that early access to Pottermore has begun, so if you’re one of the million people who found The Magical Quill and registered for early access, please read the rest of this Insider  post carefully.
The most important thing to know is that we need to stagger entry to the ‘Beta’ (early) version of Pottermore so we can properly collect all the feedback. To begin with, we’ll be inviting a very small number of people onto the website, so you may not receive your Welcome email straight away.
We’ll be sending those Welcome emails out over the coming weeks and, once yours arrives, you’ll be able to log in and start helping us develop the Pottermore experience.
The blog post continues, describing the way in which beta testers may give feedback to the site, including a feedback button and survey for each beta tester.
Finally, the blog post makes mention of registration for the October.  The post states:
- If you have submitted your email address to be notified when registration is open to all, then you’ll be hearing from us soon, and you'll be able to register for entry in October.
- If you asked to be notified when registration was open to all but also registered for Beta, then you may receive two emails from us. You do not have to register for October if you already have a validated early access (Beta) account. In other words, if you received a Beta ‘Congratulations!’ message then you can ignore the ‘Pottermore registration is now open’ email (although do feel free to forward it to your friends!).
Stick very close to Leaky for the latest!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Morse_telegrapher_thumb

Hello, we need to make a decision on which one! I can play “Guess That Book” indefinitely, if this is the choice.

Posted by AurorPhoenix on September 03, 2012, 04:33 PM report to moderator
Mirror_card_7_thumb

And you need it so badly too! :P

Posted by Mollycairn on September 03, 2012, 04:47 PM report to moderator
Morse_telegrapher_thumb

Don’t we all!

Posted by AurorPhoenix on September 03, 2012, 04:53 PM report to moderator
Mirror_card_7_thumb

Yes we do, Phoenix :p I consider this part of mine!

Posted by Mollycairn on September 03, 2012, 05:29 PM report to moderator
Natterjack_toad_thumb

You know, I like traveling, I really do! But it’s about time now that we get home again!!!

SO WHERE IS THE DAMN KEY??? :@

Posted by Ninath on September 04, 2012, 03:53 AM report to moderator
Mirror_card_7_thumb

Yes, where is it and what is going on? Good morning, BTW :D

Posted by Mollycairn on September 04, 2012, 04:41 AM report to moderator
Mirror_card_7_thumb

As I was posting on FB Closed Ward, I named us Friends of the Lost Key…and realized it spells FOLK (if you “the” anyway) :P

Posted by Mollycairn on September 04, 2012, 04:48 AM report to moderator
Natterjack_toad_thumb

Yep, good morning! (where are my manners? Probably gone with the key:p)

Friends of the Lost Key – LOL – somehow that makes me want to watch Indiana Jones again :p Why is that? :dodgy:

Posted by Ninath on September 04, 2012, 04:52 AM report to moderator
Mirror_card_7_thumb

Can’t imagine? :P I will gladly relinquish that title to the the ward back.

Posted by Mollycairn on September 04, 2012, 04:54 AM report to moderator
Natterjack_toad_thumb

Do that :D

Unfortunately I have the feeling that we rather find our marbles than the key :s :p

Posted by Ninath on September 04, 2012, 05:05 AM report to moderator
Mirror_card_7_thumb

I sent brookesi an e-mail about the ward being closed again. I hope if he gets time today that he can log on to the account and see if there have been any updated posted.

Posted by Mollycairn on September 04, 2012, 05:17 AM report to moderator
Owl5_thumb

Hello anyone here, I lost my key again along with my medication, therapy, and bed. I want my ward back where I can happily plan escapes, it’s no fun if escaping is easy :(:(:(:(:(

Good moaning by the way, I have to tell you I have my Danish family visiting from tomorrow onwards for about ten days so won’t be on here much or even on there if we get the key back :(

Posted by VIkkiomega aka Storm on September 04, 2012, 05:46 AM report to moderator
Mirror_card_7_thumb

We will miss you, Stormy…hopefully the key will be located by the time you can visit more often with us :) I am really sad about our site.

Posted by Mollycairn on September 04, 2012, 05:52 AM report to moderator
Owl5_thumb

I am too, and I don’t want to loose touch with all of you, which is what I know you are afraid of too my friend but it will not happen as have put a binding spell on us, something similar to the one Hermione used on the parchment :)

Posted by VIkkiomega aka Storm on September 04, 2012, 06:38 AM report to moderator
Mirror_card_7_thumb

No matter what they do on the ward, we must fight to stay together! :D

Posted by Mollycairn on September 04, 2012, 06:55 AM report to moderator

"You're worth twelve of Malfoy," Harry said. "The Sorting Hat chose you for Gryffindor, didn't it? And where's Malfoy? In stinking Slytherin."[br] Neville's lips twitched in a weak smile as he unwrapped the frog.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014