Early Beta Testing Access for Pottermore Begins; October Registration to Open Soon

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
August 15, 2011, 11:19 AM

The Pottemore Insider Blog has just been updated to announce that early access to Pottermore has begun for those who found those Magical Quills and signed up for a chance at early access.  The blog post, in part, reads:

We’re excited to announce that early access to Pottermore has begun, so if you’re one of the million people who found The Magical Quill and registered for early access, please read the rest of this Insider  post carefully.
The most important thing to know is that we need to stagger entry to the ‘Beta’ (early) version of Pottermore so we can properly collect all the feedback. To begin with, we’ll be inviting a very small number of people onto the website, so you may not receive your Welcome email straight away.
We’ll be sending those Welcome emails out over the coming weeks and, once yours arrives, you’ll be able to log in and start helping us develop the Pottermore experience.
The blog post continues, describing the way in which beta testers may give feedback to the site, including a feedback button and survey for each beta tester.
Finally, the blog post makes mention of registration for the October.  The post states:
- If you have submitted your email address to be notified when registration is open to all, then you’ll be hearing from us soon, and you'll be able to register for entry in October.
- If you asked to be notified when registration was open to all but also registered for Beta, then you may receive two emails from us. You do not have to register for October if you already have a validated early access (Beta) account. In other words, if you received a Beta ‘Congratulations!’ message then you can ignore the ‘Pottermore registration is now open’ email (although do feel free to forward it to your friends!).
Stick very close to Leaky for the latest!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Mad-eye-moody_thumb

I am glued to my Blackberry now, although I signed up on the third day, so I’m probably not getting in for a while…

Posted by eccentricalice on August 15, 2011, 02:23 PM report to moderator
Actoricons-abs-245_1__thumb

Holy cow!!!!! yep I am super excited. I just knew today they would be opening up the site. I hope all of you are lucky enough to get in early as possible. I am tired of anxiously waiting the experience, starting to get a little frustrated…

Posted by phoenixfeather08 «Я☼AR» on August 15, 2011, 02:23 PM report to moderator

@Sohumdore I thought the same! I created an identical email with live.co.uk just as a precaution. I will keep checking the Pottermore site too, thanks for the help!

Posted by LumosNiffler101 on August 15, 2011, 02:26 PM report to moderator
Vanishing_cabinet_thumb

refreshing my email every few minutes I do hope I get in soon… I got it on the second day.. I know it’s all random, and there are millions of fans like me, but I feel cheated knowing people who got it on the seventh day already got in. I worked hard to get my early spot! .___.
I knew the video would’ve been taken down, too. I wouldn’t have watched it anyways. I want see see it myself in it’s full glory. :D Oooo, I’m so excited.

And what exactly, @Doziami, do you mean by the pet choses your avatar….? I want an eagle owl like Draco. :3

Posted by Sara Greengrass (S Palms) on August 15, 2011, 02:27 PM report to moderator

For example, I chose a barn owl so my Avatar is a barn owl.

Posted by Doziami on August 15, 2011, 02:38 PM report to moderator
Floo_powder_power_square_thumb

@Doziami and others who are already in: (and, seeking votes/opinions of others not yet in):
On the one hand I LOVE reading the posts about what it’s like, and some things are great to know ahead of time, like that the pet determines the avatar (and I’d also like to know the answer to the question S Palms asked).

On the other hand, if there is something cool or surprising on Pottermore – especially if it does NOT particularly matter for anything else like determining a wand or avatar or House sorting – and is not something it would be helpful to know because it’s something we can choose or that will have an effect, but rather is something that will be fun to see and be surprised, what does anyone think about the idea that those who are already on should write SPOILER ALERT first?

This may be overkill – it’s not like it’s giving away the story, of course.

(Just to be clear, Doziami and others who are already on, THANKS for taking a moment to post here, we’re JEALOUS you’re on already, and we especially thank you for giving the heads-up to the rest of us about things like pets-determine-avatars – you’re the beta-testers for the rest of us beta-testers! So, thanks!)

Posted by PhoenixFromTheFlame aka Floo on August 15, 2011, 02:45 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Phoenix, I think that’s a great idea. I don’t want to be spoiled on everything either, as curious as I am!

Posted by LovesLaborLost on August 15, 2011, 02:54 PM report to moderator

Hi! I am RainOwl198 so anyone else that is in pottermore, please add me! I’m a proud member of Hufflepuff!

Posted by fairylights04 on August 15, 2011, 02:55 PM report to moderator
Vanishing_cabinet_thumb

Your last paragraph, @phoenix, I’d like to repeat. That we greatly appreciate you taking the time to help us unfortunates out. :P

Posted by Sara Greengrass (S Palms) on August 15, 2011, 03:02 PM report to moderator

I love the picture gringotts is not lop sided. lol

Posted by tim_2006 on August 15, 2011, 03:10 PM report to moderator

Surprising fact: Pottermore works on iOS devices. Not all functionalities, of course, but impressive nevertheless.

Posted by Doziami on August 15, 2011, 03:10 PM report to moderator
Hipster-potter-top_thumb

I registered the first day too. Maybe I’ll get in soon.

Posted by WildIce43 on August 15, 2011, 03:14 PM report to moderator
Jenavieve_one_thumb

Lol, i love the avatar thing with the pets ! I want an owl, but i really want a cat too ! ph, wellill just have to check it out when i get validated…. i got in the fourth day, but i hope i get it soon !

Posted by AlexWeasley12 {WitchFelicis130} on August 15, 2011, 03:20 PM report to moderator

I haven’t received my welcome email. I already know what I am going to suggest. I am going to suggest they include giving hand measurements from users in the wand selection. As the is crucial in determining the correct wand.

Posted by tim_2006 on August 15, 2011, 03:21 PM report to moderator

I haven’t received my welcome email. I already know what I am going to suggest. I am going to suggest they include getting hand measurements from users in the wand selection. As the is crucial in determining the correct wand.

Posted by tim_2006 on August 15, 2011, 03:21 PM report to moderator

"Oh I see," Hermione said, bristling. "So basically, you're going to take the best-looking girl who'll have you, even if she's completely horrible?"[br]"Er -- yeah, that sounds about right," said Ron.