Early Beta Testing Access for Pottermore Begins; October Registration to Open Soon

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
August 15, 2011, 11:19 AM

The Pottemore Insider Blog has just been updated to announce that early access to Pottermore has begun for those who found those Magical Quills and signed up for a chance at early access.  The blog post, in part, reads:

We’re excited to announce that early access to Pottermore has begun, so if you’re one of the million people who found The Magical Quill and registered for early access, please read the rest of this Insider  post carefully.
The most important thing to know is that we need to stagger entry to the ‘Beta’ (early) version of Pottermore so we can properly collect all the feedback. To begin with, we’ll be inviting a very small number of people onto the website, so you may not receive your Welcome email straight away.
We’ll be sending those Welcome emails out over the coming weeks and, once yours arrives, you’ll be able to log in and start helping us develop the Pottermore experience.
The blog post continues, describing the way in which beta testers may give feedback to the site, including a feedback button and survey for each beta tester.
Finally, the blog post makes mention of registration for the October.  The post states:
- If you have submitted your email address to be notified when registration is open to all, then you’ll be hearing from us soon, and you'll be able to register for entry in October.
- If you asked to be notified when registration was open to all but also registered for Beta, then you may receive two emails from us. You do not have to register for October if you already have a validated early access (Beta) account. In other words, if you received a Beta ‘Congratulations!’ message then you can ignore the ‘Pottermore registration is now open’ email (although do feel free to forward it to your friends!).
Stick very close to Leaky for the latest!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Can’t wait until I get my email. I registered within the first 10 minuts but with my luck I’ll get it the last week of september :(

Posted by graziboi on August 15, 2011, 01:10 PM report to moderator
38093_1525112213973_1419668696_2107419_4307673_n_thumb

I’m not entirely sure, but all the evidence points to the 3 weeks thing. Someone on Mugglenet said something like it and it made perfect sense. Heres the evidence:
There are 7 weeks left till October, so here the schedule I think will happen.
August 15 (Today): Day 1 registrants get in. (Apparently some Day 2 people are getting in, I’m not so sure what’s happening there.
August 22: Day 2. August 29: Day 3. Sept 5: Day 4. Sept 12: 5. Sept 19: 6 and Sept 26: Day 7. There are 4 days left after Sept 26 till everyone gets in. I’m not entirely sure about this, so don’t take it too much to heart, but this is the schedule that has the most evidence and makes the most sense.

Posted by Sohumdore on August 15, 2011, 01:11 PM report to moderator

Well, I just got my wand and boarded the Hogwarts Express. Also, the pet you choose in Diagon Alley: owl/cat/toad determines your avatar. There are 7 questions to determine your wand. Gringotts also comes into play, as you withdraw money and you go shopping for the supplies yourself. That was quite neat.

Posted by Doziami on August 15, 2011, 01:13 PM report to moderator
Imagesca5dnhp9_thumb

There’s an article from the Guardian on first impressions of Pottermore ~ sounds amazing ~ can’t wait to explore it for myself.

Posted by Luna294 aka Silver on August 15, 2011, 01:14 PM report to moderator
Iconator_ff20bdd615cdbf54d1de3fc9cdfe44ed_thumb

I hope I get my Email today then! or maybe tomorrow??

Posted by Harry89 !ROAR! on August 15, 2011, 01:23 PM report to moderator
Imagesca5dnhp9_thumb

At this rate, you’ll have finished the Philosopher’s Stone before we even get to Privet Drive!

Posted by Luna294 aka Silver on August 15, 2011, 01:27 PM report to moderator
38093_1525112213973_1419668696_2107419_4307673_n_thumb

@loveslaborlost THERE IS NO PATTERN NEVER MIND IGNORE WHAT I SAID BEFORE! on hypable.com, the comments say that days 1 2 3 4 and 7 have gotten in!!!! so i think its like a lottery thing!!!!!! but mostly day 1s have gotten in based on the comments, but everyones getting in!!!! im excited all over again!

Posted by Sohumdore on August 15, 2011, 02:00 PM report to moderator

Can anyone help?

I registered for early access on the second day but I entered the wrong email, and email that didn’t exist at the time (it was my usual email but I accidentally replaced ‘hotmail.co.uk’ with ‘live.co.uk’. After a while I realized my mistake but by that time the Sign In button on Pottermore had disappeared.

I know it’s back now, and I’ve changed and corrected my email address, I’m just worried I might have missed my congratulations or welcome email because of it. Is there anything I can do?

Posted by LumosNiffler101 on August 15, 2011, 02:05 PM report to moderator
38093_1525112213973_1419668696_2107419_4307673_n_thumb

@lumosniffler are you able to sign in by your username?

Posted by Sohumdore on August 15, 2011, 02:10 PM report to moderator
Dsc_0091_thumb

Oh my gosh, I’m so excited and I keep checking my e-mail like every five minutes :D

Posted by tibby71 on August 15, 2011, 02:12 PM report to moderator

@Sohumdore Yeah, I can still sign into the site as the button has reappeared now.

Posted by LumosNiffler101 on August 15, 2011, 02:12 PM report to moderator
From_start_to_finish_by_tian_cai-d33cmh1_thumb

ooooh yay!! i’m soo excited! i will be checking my email every day now! :]

Posted by handhrfan18 on August 15, 2011, 02:14 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

LumosNiffler101: If you can sign in then the emails don’t matter. The congratulations email is just informational, and if you were sent the welcome email you would be able to access the site.

Posted by roonwit on August 15, 2011, 02:16 PM report to moderator
38093_1525112213973_1419668696_2107419_4307673_n_thumb

im thinking youll be able to get in without the email, but youll have to sign in randomly to see if it works. I’m not sure if the email has a registration code, it might…. some people are saying that if theyre in day 1, you just sign in, but i dont think that is what is happening, cuz nonday1 people are getting in, and i still cant, even if i sign in. I think the best you can do is email them, or actually create a live.co.uk email. YES! do that! create the email RIGHT NOW or you might miss your chance. create a new email on live.co.uk that matches with the email you submitted on pottermore. thats the best i can give you!

Posted by Sohumdore on August 15, 2011, 02:18 PM report to moderator

@roonwit I see what you mean. So I guess if I just sign in every now and then, once my account is activated I’ll get on :) Thanks for that.

Just out of curiosity you definitely gain access if you validated your account don’t you?

Posted by LumosNiffler101 on August 15, 2011, 02:20 PM report to moderator

"Ron, I'm so proud of you, what wonderful news, you could end up Head Boy just like Bill and Percy, it's the first step! Oh, what a thing to happen in the middle of all this worry, I'm just thrilled, oh [i]Ronnie --"[/i][br]Fred and George were both makin

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014