Early Beta Testing Access for Pottermore Begins; October Registration to Open Soon

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
August 15, 2011, 11:19 AM

The Pottemore Insider Blog has just been updated to announce that early access to Pottermore has begun for those who found those Magical Quills and signed up for a chance at early access.  The blog post, in part, reads:

We’re excited to announce that early access to Pottermore has begun, so if you’re one of the million people who found The Magical Quill and registered for early access, please read the rest of this Insider  post carefully.
The most important thing to know is that we need to stagger entry to the ‘Beta’ (early) version of Pottermore so we can properly collect all the feedback. To begin with, we’ll be inviting a very small number of people onto the website, so you may not receive your Welcome email straight away.
We’ll be sending those Welcome emails out over the coming weeks and, once yours arrives, you’ll be able to log in and start helping us develop the Pottermore experience.
The blog post continues, describing the way in which beta testers may give feedback to the site, including a feedback button and survey for each beta tester.
Finally, the blog post makes mention of registration for the October.  The post states:
- If you have submitted your email address to be notified when registration is open to all, then you’ll be hearing from us soon, and you'll be able to register for entry in October.
- If you asked to be notified when registration was open to all but also registered for Beta, then you may receive two emails from us. You do not have to register for October if you already have a validated early access (Beta) account. In other words, if you received a Beta ‘Congratulations!’ message then you can ignore the ‘Pottermore registration is now open’ email (although do feel free to forward it to your friends!).
Stick very close to Leaky for the latest!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Doziami: omg, I also had a dream with Pottermore!! I’ve recieved the Welcome email then I started to scream… and my father woke me up.
Akward coincidence :[

Posted by camila_black08 on August 15, 2011, 12:01 PM report to moderator
Imagesca5dnhp9_thumb

You must be really one of the first to get access. Have you been sorted yet?

Posted by Luna294 aka Silver on August 15, 2011, 12:03 PM report to moderator
Jenavieve_one_thumb

OMG I CANT WAIT !!! HEHEHEHEH !

Posted by AlexWeasley12 {WitchFelicis130} on August 15, 2011, 12:03 PM report to moderator

Yeah, when I signed in there were only like 6 “Likes” on a particular page. Now there are over 400. Not been sorted yet.

Posted by Doziami on August 15, 2011, 12:06 PM report to moderator
Seen5_thumb

this is a vid of someone who got in!!!!!!1

Posted by ilylauren on August 15, 2011, 12:19 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Doziani, you just came up with the first suggestion!

Posted by LovesLaborLost on August 15, 2011, 12:30 PM report to moderator
Imagesca5dnhp9_thumb

That video has already been removed ~ it is against the terms and conditions to post or transmit Pottermore content without prior written consent.

Posted by Luna294 aka Silver on August 15, 2011, 12:31 PM report to moderator

I know- I posted that on the first page that I visited. The origins of Number 4.

Posted by Doziami on August 15, 2011, 12:31 PM report to moderator
Imagesca5dnhp9_thumb

I’m sure that they will add sound effects as JK Rowling’s own site has them. This is just the testing stage.

Posted by Luna294 aka Silver on August 15, 2011, 12:37 PM report to moderator

You’re in? How is it? Is wonderful? I bet it is!!!!

Posted by pottermate on August 15, 2011, 12:42 PM report to moderator

At first it was kind of boring- but now it feels like I am actually headed to Hogwarts.

Posted by Doziami on August 15, 2011, 12:51 PM report to moderator
38093_1525112213973_1419668696_2107419_4307673_n_thumb

@doziami, please keep commenting and telling us what is going on! it will help those of us who got in on day 4 and have to wait 3 more weeks :(

Posted by Sohumdore on August 15, 2011, 12:54 PM report to moderator

I can’t wait! I am soooooooooo excited!

Posted by scottw on August 15, 2011, 12:55 PM report to moderator
Img_0058_-_kopie_thumb

Oh lucky you Doziami! I wish I could get on as well! x

Posted by KittyVD on August 15, 2011, 01:01 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Hey, Sohumdore, do you know for sure it will be 3 more weeks? I heard that if the site runs smoothly they could let folks in a lot sooner.

Posted by LovesLaborLost on August 15, 2011, 01:06 PM report to moderator

"You can open it if you like," said Harry, "but I'll hear what it says anyway. That's a Howler."[br]"Let go of it, Petunia!" roared Uncle Vernon. "Don't touch it, it could be dangerous!"[br]"It's addressed to me," said Aunt Petunia in a shaking voice.

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014