Early Beta Testing Access for Pottermore Begins; October Registration to Open Soon

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
August 15, 2011, 11:19 AM

The Pottemore Insider Blog has just been updated to announce that early access to Pottermore has begun for those who found those Magical Quills and signed up for a chance at early access.  The blog post, in part, reads:

We’re excited to announce that early access to Pottermore has begun, so if you’re one of the million people who found The Magical Quill and registered for early access, please read the rest of this Insider  post carefully.
The most important thing to know is that we need to stagger entry to the ‘Beta’ (early) version of Pottermore so we can properly collect all the feedback. To begin with, we’ll be inviting a very small number of people onto the website, so you may not receive your Welcome email straight away.
We’ll be sending those Welcome emails out over the coming weeks and, once yours arrives, you’ll be able to log in and start helping us develop the Pottermore experience.
The blog post continues, describing the way in which beta testers may give feedback to the site, including a feedback button and survey for each beta tester.
Finally, the blog post makes mention of registration for the October.  The post states:
- If you have submitted your email address to be notified when registration is open to all, then you’ll be hearing from us soon, and you'll be able to register for entry in October.
- If you asked to be notified when registration was open to all but also registered for Beta, then you may receive two emails from us. You do not have to register for October if you already have a validated early access (Beta) account. In other words, if you received a Beta ‘Congratulations!’ message then you can ignore the ‘Pottermore registration is now open’ email (although do feel free to forward it to your friends!).
Stick very close to Leaky for the latest!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Dolphin_thumb

I keep refreshing everything that has anything to do with Pottermore… I am so paranoid right now. Ugh. I really need to calm down… Breath…

Posted by AlexandraMayWood on August 16, 2011, 12:23 PM report to moderator
Stmungosspew_thumb

ok the site is bak up but if u try to sign in it says they are unavailable!!!!

Posted by ahaque521 on August 16, 2011, 12:23 PM report to moderator
Imagesca5dnhp9_thumb

You can sign in now but I am still just getting the congrats page ~ no access yet. I registered on Day 1 and want to get in asap!

Posted by Luna294 aka Silver on August 16, 2011, 12:31 PM report to moderator
Stmungosspew_thumb

its bak completely!!!!

Posted by ahaque521 on August 16, 2011, 12:31 PM report to moderator
Dolphin_thumb

Yes, I was able to login, though I only saw the Congratulations page since I haven’t got my Welcome email yet. Whew…

Posted by AlexandraMayWood on August 16, 2011, 12:37 PM report to moderator
Imagesca5dnhp9_thumb

I don’t think that they will send out any more e-mails today as it’s 5:15 in the UK and most offices close at 5. Did any Day 1s get an e-mail today? Guess I’ll have to wait a bit longer :(

Posted by Luna294 aka Silver on August 16, 2011, 12:40 PM report to moderator
Dolphin_thumb

Did anyone get an email today? I’m confused… I thought they were letting people in once a week… What are they doing?

Posted by AlexandraMayWood on August 16, 2011, 12:43 PM report to moderator
Stmungosspew_thumb

i wish they would tell us when they are gonna send emails based on the days of registration… then i wouldnt b so jittery!! i cant wait much longer :(.. when will it come???!!!!

Posted by ahaque521 on August 16, 2011, 12:52 PM report to moderator
Imagesca5dnhp9_thumb

Surely they have to let in some people each day. The only real information we have is that they need to stagger entry to the ‘Beta’ (early) version of Pottermore so they can properly collect all the feedback. As there are 47 days during the Beta period that would mean an average of about 21250 people a day which is a lot more than got in yesterday. Did anyone new enter today?

Posted by Luna294 aka Silver on August 16, 2011, 01:00 PM report to moderator
Dolphin_thumb

I know, right! I think they like making us learn how to be patient. Ugh. I hope they post something on the Insider that will tell us how they are letting people in. Or maybe they are just randomly picking people… I don’t know, but I want to! I can’t do this much longer! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Posted by AlexandraMayWood on August 16, 2011, 01:03 PM report to moderator
Dolphin_thumb

@Luna294 I guess… I am just confused… That does make since though. See, unlike me you are actually putting a lot of thought instead of impatiently clicking on everything…

Posted by AlexandraMayWood on August 16, 2011, 01:05 PM report to moderator
Stmungosspew_thumb

@AlexandraMayWood I am also impatiently refreshing and just clicking on everything!!!! i got in on day 3 which means im being stupid cuz there is no way i am gonna get in this week!!! but i hope to get it around august 20. i want a chance to explore b4 school!

Posted by ahaque521 on August 16, 2011, 01:09 PM report to moderator
Imagesca5dnhp9_thumb

AlexandraMay ~ don’t be so hard on yourself ~ I’ve been sat in front of my PC all day refreshing pages and checking emails just waiting and waiting. I’m going crazy like every one else.

Posted by Luna294 aka Silver on August 16, 2011, 01:10 PM report to moderator
Stmungosspew_thumb

lol yes… we are all going CRAZY!!!

Posted by ahaque521 on August 16, 2011, 01:12 PM report to moderator
Dolphin_thumb

@ahaque521 Omigosh, yeah!! I am literally shaking right now. I also got in on day 3, but hey, I’m still hoping! I really would love to get on before my school starts. It will be hard if I get it after I start school, cause I won’t be home much. It would be nice to already be in.

Posted by AlexandraMayWood on August 16, 2011, 01:13 PM report to moderator

"The dementors have left Azkaban," said Malfoy quietly. "Dad and the others'll be out in no time..."[br]"Yeah, I expect they will," said Harry. "Still, at least everyone knows what scumbags they are now --"