Early Beta Testing Access for Pottermore Begins; October Registration to Open Soon

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
August 15, 2011, 11:19 AM

The Pottemore Insider Blog has just been updated to announce that early access to Pottermore has begun for those who found those Magical Quills and signed up for a chance at early access.  The blog post, in part, reads:

We’re excited to announce that early access to Pottermore has begun, so if you’re one of the million people who found The Magical Quill and registered for early access, please read the rest of this Insider  post carefully.
The most important thing to know is that we need to stagger entry to the ‘Beta’ (early) version of Pottermore so we can properly collect all the feedback. To begin with, we’ll be inviting a very small number of people onto the website, so you may not receive your Welcome email straight away.
We’ll be sending those Welcome emails out over the coming weeks and, once yours arrives, you’ll be able to log in and start helping us develop the Pottermore experience.
The blog post continues, describing the way in which beta testers may give feedback to the site, including a feedback button and survey for each beta tester.
Finally, the blog post makes mention of registration for the October.  The post states:
- If you have submitted your email address to be notified when registration is open to all, then you’ll be hearing from us soon, and you'll be able to register for entry in October.
- If you asked to be notified when registration was open to all but also registered for Beta, then you may receive two emails from us. You do not have to register for October if you already have a validated early access (Beta) account. In other words, if you received a Beta ‘Congratulations!’ message then you can ignore the ‘Pottermore registration is now open’ email (although do feel free to forward it to your friends!).
Stick very close to Leaky for the latest!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Dolphin_thumb

@nextursday Okay… now I don’t feel too stupid.
Yeah, I guess kids before grownups is okay. So by kids, does that mean under 13? Because if its under 18, I’m still a kid!

Posted by AlexandraMayWood on August 16, 2011, 09:30 AM report to moderator
Natterjack_toad_thumb

I really hope I don’t have to wait till september, this is going to kill me, in fact I can’t even wait till tomorrow :-)

Posted by Ninath on August 16, 2011, 09:32 AM report to moderator
Denver_thumb

well, they used this under 13 policy throughout so far, I suppose they’ll stick o it in this case as well.. btw I’m 25: no kid AT ALL!! ;D
(plus I’ll have my birthday in pottermore, as it is in october.. I wonder what happens when we do..!!)

Posted by nexthursday aka Flame on August 16, 2011, 09:35 AM report to moderator
Denver_thumb

oh gosh.. what if the site just crushed down due to too many people at the same time.. there’d be that horrible delay we’re all afraid of!! ..sorry, I’m panicking.. maybe it’s just routine, as they said..

Posted by nexthursday aka Flame on August 16, 2011, 09:39 AM report to moderator
Dolphin_thumb

right. Well, I think this is the first time I’ve ever wanted to be younger… Haha, I guess. I still don’t want to wait. I guess they think older people can be more patient…?

Posted by AlexandraMayWood on August 16, 2011, 09:40 AM report to moderator
Dolphin_thumb

DON’T MAKE ME PANICK!!!!!!!! I am already nervous enough!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by AlexandraMayWood on August 16, 2011, 09:42 AM report to moderator
Natterjack_toad_thumb

Waiting to get access is horrible, but imagine you just got your mail and now you can’t log in, that must be even worse

Posted by Ninath on August 16, 2011, 09:44 AM report to moderator
Dolphin_thumb

@Ninath Yes it is. I don’t even want to imagine that… Ugh.

Posted by AlexandraMayWood on August 16, 2011, 09:46 AM report to moderator

I shouldn’t have to wait for a child. I stood in line like everyone else.

Posted by tim_2006 on August 16, 2011, 09:50 AM report to moderator
Denver_thumb

well, now we’re both waiting for the mail AND the site to be fixed.. ufffff!! if there’s anyone who already got in (that now is obviously waiting too! ;D) ..in which house did you get? I DON’T want to know how to get in a specific house, but I’ve read on twitter that a lot of people went to hufflepuff.. is it true?

Posted by nexthursday aka Flame on August 16, 2011, 09:55 AM report to moderator
Dolphin_thumb

The site really crashed!!!! I thought that was a joke! NOOOO!!!!!!!! Why?!!!!!! Weren’t they expecting that on the website?

Posted by AlexandraMayWood on August 16, 2011, 10:01 AM report to moderator
Stmungosspew_thumb

the wait is killing me!!!! if they let kids in b4 grownups then i should b in already!!! its not fair that ppl who got in on day 6 and 7 r getting in. i got in in day 3 so i dont think i will get my letter until late august! but i hope i get it b4!

Posted by ahaque521 on August 16, 2011, 10:04 AM report to moderator
Wolf_4_thumb

Well, If they do pick up early entries according to age, that’s why I didn’t receive my Congratulations email yet! In spite of the fact that I feel barely13 (expecially when holding a Harry Potter book in my hands), other people and my I.D. papers peevishly insist that I’m a grown up lady…
Anyway, the total number of beta testers being 1 million – roughly 140.000 per day – they can’t have possibly allowed all the 1th day entries in. Very likely, they are trying a very soft approach on their servers, in order to detect any system strain and prevent system crashes.
By the way, I’m Italian and I choose the english site. Perhaps this is another factor of delay.

Posted by Talenami on August 16, 2011, 10:04 AM report to moderator
Dolphin_thumb

@ahaque521 That’s what I think, because I’m certainly still a kid. I also got in on day 3! I hope I don’t have to wait till late August. Does anyone think I can make it THAT LONG?!!!!! I’m a little kid right now, wanting to open the present right now!

Posted by AlexandraMayWood on August 16, 2011, 10:14 AM report to moderator
Dolphin_thumb

I’m a little kid right now, wanting to open the present right now!

Posted by AlexandraMayWood on August 16, 2011, 10:14 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Stand aside! I will kill him! He is mine!" shrieked Voldemort.[br]Harry's hand had closed on Cedric's wrist; one tombstone stood between him and Voldemort, but Cedric was too heavy to carry, and the cup was out of reach --[br]Voldemort's red eyes flamed