Early Beta Testing Access for Pottermore Begins; October Registration to Open Soon

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
August 15, 2011, 11:19 AM

The Pottemore Insider Blog has just been updated to announce that early access to Pottermore has begun for those who found those Magical Quills and signed up for a chance at early access.  The blog post, in part, reads:

We’re excited to announce that early access to Pottermore has begun, so if you’re one of the million people who found The Magical Quill and registered for early access, please read the rest of this Insider  post carefully.
The most important thing to know is that we need to stagger entry to the ‘Beta’ (early) version of Pottermore so we can properly collect all the feedback. To begin with, we’ll be inviting a very small number of people onto the website, so you may not receive your Welcome email straight away.
We’ll be sending those Welcome emails out over the coming weeks and, once yours arrives, you’ll be able to log in and start helping us develop the Pottermore experience.
The blog post continues, describing the way in which beta testers may give feedback to the site, including a feedback button and survey for each beta tester.
Finally, the blog post makes mention of registration for the October.  The post states:
- If you have submitted your email address to be notified when registration is open to all, then you’ll be hearing from us soon, and you'll be able to register for entry in October.
- If you asked to be notified when registration was open to all but also registered for Beta, then you may receive two emails from us. You do not have to register for October if you already have a validated early access (Beta) account. In other words, if you received a Beta ‘Congratulations!’ message then you can ignore the ‘Pottermore registration is now open’ email (although do feel free to forward it to your friends!).
Stick very close to Leaky for the latest!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Denver_thumb

@Ninath don’t tell me about it!! I keep the translations as part of a collection.. that’s their only job! ;D JK’s writing is JK’s writing. the only really worth reading. period. now where is my welcome mail?! ;D

Posted by nexthursday aka Flame on August 16, 2011, 04:59 AM report to moderator
Roxicons-icon42_thumb

I’m located in France but my account/browsing settings were in English when I registered and recieved the confirmation and congratulations emails. According to what I gather from the comments here, it might be why I was not granted access yesterday because there already were enough beta testers for English language. :/

But I can’t bear reading the books in French anymore… I started with the French translations and then switched to the original language: English when I just could not wait for the translations anymore. Changing languages was kind of hard because I had to get used to the specific HP vocabulary. But now, reading the books in French is a pain (and the translation is not always accurate even if I think the French translator did a more than decent job!). That’s why I kept the website settings in English.

Posted by Heiwa on August 16, 2011, 05:15 AM report to moderator
Denver_thumb

@Heiwa we did the same for the same reasons.. and this might explain the delay.. I think I recall reading something about this specific matter on pottermore insider.. perhaps in a way they had warned us..! I just hope we’re entering within this week.. waiting 7 more days: nightmare!

Posted by nexthursday aka Flame on August 16, 2011, 05:24 AM report to moderator
Natterjack_toad_thumb

I made a second account on the sixth day, just to see if I can get in a second time and had actually planned to delete it again right away, but then I gave it to my best friend instead. She is now an underage boy in the UK. I’m anxious to find out who get’s in first!!! I registered on third day.

Posted by Ninath on August 16, 2011, 05:25 AM report to moderator
Denver_thumb

for whenever we’ll make it into the beta, I’ll be FlameCharm48 and my sis OakGhost114.. let’s keep on keeping our fingers crossed! ;D

Posted by nexthursday aka Flame on August 16, 2011, 07:06 AM report to moderator
Imagesca5dnhp9_thumb

I registered on Day 1 and I still haven’t got my email letting me into Pottermore :(
Is anyone else from Day 1 still waiting for theirs?

Posted by Luna294 aka Silver on August 16, 2011, 07:50 AM report to moderator

yeah i registered on day 1 but still waiting :( that’s sad and it’ not fair to let people from day 7 or 6 tec to get in b4r we have…

Posted by the_chosen_one4 on August 16, 2011, 07:57 AM report to moderator
Mirror_card_7_thumb

I am also a Day 1 still waiting. But it sounds like only a few thousand were invited yesterday.

Posted by Mollycairn on August 16, 2011, 08:07 AM report to moderator

So is the welcome email just a notification to let you know that your account is activated? Or do you have to click on a link in the email to activate your account?

Posted by LumosNiffler101 on August 16, 2011, 08:30 AM report to moderator
Dolphin_thumb

@LumosNiffler101 I’m pretty sure you have to click on the link to activate your account within 48 hours of registering.
I think that it should go in order of days, because I know in the first few days, the questions were a lot harder. And these people were working as hard as they could to get in.

Posted by AlexandraMayWood on August 16, 2011, 09:16 AM report to moderator
Denver_thumb

another day 1 waiting here.. @LumosNiffler101 from what I’ve read about other lucky guys, I suppose it’s a normal mail, with no activation link needed: we just have to wait till they activate our account from above.. then we can simply sign in as we already do.. but we don’t get the congrats page, we get.. something I dontì know and I was to find out by myself asap!
this waiting is insane.. just like before registering!!!

Posted by nexthursday aka Flame on August 16, 2011, 09:18 AM report to moderator
Dolphin_thumb

Oh right, sorry being stupid (normal).
Why are they making us wait!!!! I can’t do this!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHAHHHAHHH!!!!!!

Posted by AlexandraMayWood on August 16, 2011, 09:21 AM report to moderator
Denver_thumb

@AlexandraMayWood you’re right when it was about the registering procedure.. but all of us who are waiting for the beta already have registered.. that 48 hours before expiring link is well gone! if someone still hasn’t used it to confirm the registration, there’s no beta for them.. they are bound to enter with everyone in october..!
from what I’ve read some people from other registration days already got in, hopefully just kids.. it’s right for kids to get in before grown ups.. even though I don’t feel grown up at all, and I’m proud of it! ;D

Posted by nexthursday aka Flame on August 16, 2011, 09:25 AM report to moderator
Denver_thumb

@AlexandraMayWood don’t worry, we’re all in a hard to focus state of mind.. me first!

Posted by nexthursday aka Flame on August 16, 2011, 09:27 AM report to moderator
Denver_thumb

guys guys guys.. trying to sign in out of boredom.. and I got a support page: “Sorry, Pottermore is currently unavailable.
We are making routine updates to our website and we expect to be up and running again very soon. Please come back later and try again.”
maybe it means nothing.. maybe it doesn’t! ;D (sorry for the misspells above, I’m out of my mind!!!)

Posted by nexthursday aka Flame on August 16, 2011, 09:30 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Wands away and quills out, please."[br]Many of the class exchanged gloomy looks; the order "wands away" had never yet been followed by a lesson they had found interesting.