Experience "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" in 3D IMAX: Have you seen it?

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
August 13, 2011, 08:58 PM

On the heels of news that the complete set of eight Harry Potter films will to be released in this fantastic packaging in November, we will all get to see the whole series-- and especially Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow: Part 2-- on our DVD, Blu-ray, or computer.  Before the last Potter film leaves theaters, however, we wanted to pose the question to readers whether they will watch the film again (or for the first time) in IMAX before watching again at home?  It's a breathtaking experience to see this installment of the series in IMAX.  Something unforgettable happens when the supreme IMAX audio presentation is paired with the kind of detail seen in 3D on the massive IMAX screens.

If you've already experienced the film in IMAX 3D, share your thoughts with us below!  To find out more information about the IMAX 3D experience, and to see where it's still playing near you, click here!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Jenavieve_one_thumb

first comment ! cant wait !!!

Posted by AlexWeasley12 {WitchFelicis130} on August 13, 2011, 09:08 PM report to moderator
N12304633_31189077_7034_thumb

Granted, the theater I just went to was bologna, but it was SO MUCH BETTER in IMAX 3D. It was an entirely different movie. I would pay to see it a third time just to have my last experience with Potter in the theater be a great one.

Posted by mlwl on August 13, 2011, 09:16 PM report to moderator
Alanav_thumb

I watched it in 2D the first time as I’ve never been convinced by 3D and all the other films had been in 2D and it seemed right to finish the series the same way. When we went again a couple of days later the IMAX 3D was the next showing so we went to that. It was amazing seeing the film on such a massive screen and for the first time I could see the possibilities of 3D (and not in a sticking-out way). I’ve heard the normal 3D version is very dark on a lot of screens so I’d be unlikely to bother watching that, but I’d definitely recommend the IMAX version if you can see it.

Posted by taz_uk on August 13, 2011, 09:32 PM report to moderator

Went to day to a 4:30 IMAX show and the theater was still more than half full. This was my second time watching it in IMAX 3D. I have also seen it once in 2D and once in regular 3D. The IMAX is incredibly clear and beautiful. The first shot of Shell Cottage is just striking. I never watch IMAX or any 3D because the price is high and I have glasses which get in the way but for HP I decided to give it a try. What I like about HP 3D is that it was not that-hey lets just make anything fly out at the audience because we used 3D it was just a subtle layering that looked incredible.

Posted by mlc on August 13, 2011, 09:34 PM report to moderator

Are they paying you fansites to promote IMAX 3D? Cause they have the same post in mugglenet

Posted by Javier J on August 13, 2011, 10:18 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_thumb

Yeah we saw it in 3D opening night, because regular tickets were sold out. I am not a fan of 3D (plus the glasses sometimes give me a headache), it seems like a gimmicky fad—that’s not even new. Some parts were kind of cool looking in 3D, but not worth the extra price.

Posted by Kessalia19 on August 13, 2011, 10:22 PM report to moderator
Th_dawn_icons_thumb

For me, the second time I saw it (out of 5) in theaters was IMAX 3D. It was pretty freaking awesome! The only thing about IMAX theaters is that if they aren’t relatively new, the glasses are pretty used and warped. My IMAX theater’s glasses have gotten kind of faded aroudn the edges of the lenses and tinted; so, when we look at the screen, it is already darker than normal, and having the edges faded, it makes it even more dark. Still an awesome experience though! Everyone should see it in IMAX at least once. I’ve seen it a total of 5 times already…probably won’t see it again unless it plays at the dollar theater at my school.

Posted by hpfanaticfan2011 on August 13, 2011, 10:31 PM report to moderator
Ootp_tumblr_thumb

i want to try seeing it in 3D tomorrow, the three other times i went i saw it in 2D….even if its a rip-off at least i can say i tried it. :D i would LOVE to see it in IMAX but its just so pricey…and the nearest IMAX theater is about 1 1/2 away. ah well. :(

Posted by hermy007 on August 13, 2011, 10:47 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I am dying to see Part 2 in IMAX!!! I better look into when the movie’ll be leaving theaters, not soon I hope. I’ll try and get to IMAX in the next couple weeks. I’m seeing it again tomorrow in 2D. :)

Posted by LunaLuver on August 13, 2011, 11:10 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I would like to, but there are no theaters near enough to me…

Posted by Won_Two on August 13, 2011, 11:41 PM report to moderator
Actoricons-abs-245_1__thumb

i liked it in 3d, it was the first 3d movie i have seen. what a great way to start the 3d experience than with the final potter!

Posted by phoenixfeather08 «Я☼AR» on August 13, 2011, 11:55 PM report to moderator

Saw it again today in IMAX 3-D. Really worth it. Humongous screen, very clear sound. Big crowd today, too, impressive.

Posted by vamjf1 on August 14, 2011, 12:43 AM report to moderator

Really wish I could :[

Posted by graziboi on August 14, 2011, 01:18 AM report to moderator
74305_1474689033448_1420352229_31121636_3800057_n_thumb

Saw it in IMAX at the Midnight Showing. It. Was. AWESOME

Posted by AmberMV on August 14, 2011, 01:19 AM report to moderator
420_thumb

Honestly it was really worth paying the extra money to see it in IMAX. The sound was incredible. The 3D was done just right.

Posted by Thinkblue559 on August 14, 2011, 02:59 AM report to moderator

"I just can't justify taking more time off at the moment," he told them. "Mr. Crouch is really starting to rely on me."[br]"Yeah, you know what, Percy?" said George seriously. "I reckon he'll know your name soon."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014