First Round of Pottermore Welcome Emails Sent Out, Pottermore Blog Updated

JKRowling.com
Posted by: Mel
August 10, 2011, 03:47 PM

The first round of Pottermore Welcome emails started being sent out today, and as of this writing they are still being sent out. This email indicates that you have been selected for early entry into Pottermore and says that your account will be activated between mid-August and late September. According to the Pottermore blog, a second round of emails will be sent out to let you know that your account has been activated.

The Pottermore blog has been updated with the above information, as well as the answers to all of the questions asked during the Magical Quill Challenge. Apparently, all the multipliers were multiples of seven!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent JKRowling.com News

From_start_to_finish_by_tian_cai-d33cmh1_thumb

I might have to wait a while but i know it will be worth it!

Posted by handhrfan18 on August 11, 2011, 11:05 AM report to moderator
Graylady_thumb

@roonwit… thanks for helping to keep those of us waiting for the e-mail sane. Sadly I kept waking up throughout the night hoping my e-mail would be there lol. It makes sense that if we finished the registration and were able to sign in and out of the site before it was taken down… that we will not lose out on early access. I have yahoo… and I know that was a problem before… would be interesting to know how many people without the e-mail yet are yahoo users.

Posted by snapegal27 on August 11, 2011, 11:06 AM report to moderator
Hermione_poster_thumb

Thanks roonwit and LovesLaborLost. I’m on because of you.

Posted by silverkacy on August 11, 2011, 11:38 AM report to moderator
Hermione_poster_thumb

Thanks roonwit and LovesLaborLost. I’m on because of you.

Posted by silverkacy on August 11, 2011, 11:38 AM report to moderator
Hermione_poster_thumb

didn’t mean to post twice.

Posted by silverkacy on August 11, 2011, 11:39 AM report to moderator
Mirror_card_7_thumb

This is off the subject of e-mails, but go to the Amazon or Barnes and Noble website and check out the cover of the new book “Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty.” Looks like a Death Eater mask to me!

Posted by Mollycairn on August 11, 2011, 11:41 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

I signed up with my google email but I didn’t receive mine yet so I don’t think it’s anything to do with which account you have.

Posted by mencia on August 11, 2011, 11:57 AM report to moderator

Arrived 3:18 pm U.S. Central time while I was asleep. I am wizard. Whoohooo. I will so wonderful and relieved

Posted by tim_2006 on August 11, 2011, 12:05 PM report to moderator

Arrived 3:18 pm U.S. Central time while I was asleep. I am wizard. Whoohooo. I feel so wonderful and relieved. 3rd day clue

Posted by tim_2006 on August 11, 2011, 12:06 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mdtb9ptt2q1qj84c9o1_500_thumb

Dramione Fans Please join my Dramione Blog!

Posted by ResaPotter on August 11, 2011, 12:09 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

snapegal27: I think yahoo’s default policy is “Hey, you are sending me lots of emails, it is probably spam, I am only going accept a few at a time” which isn’t generally a problem, but is if you are sending tens of thousands (maybe hundreds of thousands) of emails to them. They fixed it for the verification emails but these may be hitting the same problem if enough things are different for them not to be covered by the same fix.

Posted by roonwit on August 11, 2011, 12:14 PM report to moderator

Just got my email about 15 minutes ago. I registered on the 3rd day. Can’t wait to get in!

Posted by bing1009 on August 11, 2011, 12:14 PM report to moderator

Just got my email ! yay!

Posted by obsessivehpfan on August 11, 2011, 12:15 PM report to moderator

@snapegal27 … Yeah I was wondering the same thing, because I have a Yahoo account. But, I just finally got my email. So if anyone else has Yahoo, hopefully they’re starting to arrive.

Posted by bing1009 on August 11, 2011, 12:16 PM report to moderator

Just got my email. I got in on day 5. Cannot wait to be sorted and get a wand in a system approved by JKR ! :)

Posted by DaveZee on August 11, 2011, 12:26 PM report to moderator

"Who do you imagine wants to attack children like yourselves?" inquired Professor Umbridge in a horribly honeyed voice.[br]"Hmm, let's think..." said Harry in a mock thoughtful voice. "Maybe [i]Lord Voldemort?[/i]"