First Round of Pottermore Welcome Emails Sent Out, Pottermore Blog Updated

JKRowling.com
Posted by: Mel
August 10, 2011, 03:47 PM

The first round of Pottermore Welcome emails started being sent out today, and as of this writing they are still being sent out. This email indicates that you have been selected for early entry into Pottermore and says that your account will be activated between mid-August and late September. According to the Pottermore blog, a second round of emails will be sent out to let you know that your account has been activated.

The Pottermore blog has been updated with the above information, as well as the answers to all of the questions asked during the Magical Quill Challenge. Apparently, all the multipliers were multiples of seven!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent JKRowling.com News

Ron-and-hermione_thumb

Yay! Got my first email….. Awaiting my second. Too bad I’ll be at the lake this week. :(

Posted by TeamRonmione on August 11, 2011, 09:17 AM report to moderator

i wouldnt worry if you havent gotten your email. i dont think the email is being sent to everyone which means they have to sent it to 1 million people which is going to take time.

Posted by luckyleo81 on August 11, 2011, 09:25 AM report to moderator
Petunia2_thumb

I didn’t get my account until the final day of questions, so I’m probably going to be one of the last people in for BETA testing. XD But that’s ok, since it’s still earlier than I originally thought!

Posted by Mad But Happy on August 11, 2011, 09:28 AM report to moderator
Imagescaf0zk2w_thumb

i didnt get my email……………..maybe tommorow?

Posted by #1harrypotterfan{ROAR} on August 11, 2011, 09:33 AM report to moderator
Imagescaf0zk2w_thumb

But i cant wait for the email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by #1harrypotterfan{ROAR} on August 11, 2011, 09:34 AM report to moderator

Well, I got in on Day 5, and haven’t seen any pleasant little welcoming e-mails yet, but I’m opting to be patient and pragmatic. If the e-mail is just a little late, or the whole process had to be staggered (understandable), than no worries. I’m even prepared at this point to forfeit my early access to the site, in case (heaven forbid) something went a wee bit wrong in the whole process and I get left out…October really isn’t that far away, and to be honest, I’m just excited to see this whole thing playing out. Pottermore looks very intriguing so far, and the more buzz I hear about it (from people like Melissa Anelli, who I trust), the more jazzed I get.

Posted by critterfur on August 11, 2011, 09:35 AM report to moderator
Wolf_4_thumb

I got in in day 4… still no email from Pottermore… I can’t wait!!!!!

Posted by Talenami on August 11, 2011, 09:35 AM report to moderator
Kayleigh_s_thumb

Still waiting for my email!

Posted by Strawberries14 on August 11, 2011, 09:44 AM report to moderator
Roxicons-icon42_thumb

I registered on Pottermore on the 1st day and got my email yesterday in the evening (BST+1). But from what I heard from friends it looks like these emails are sent at random. Some who registered on the 1st day have not recieved their email yet while people registered on the 5th day recieved them at the same time as I did. So don’t worry, I think you’ll all recieve that email in the end. ^^

Posted by Heiwa on August 11, 2011, 09:46 AM report to moderator
Floo_powder_power_square_thumb

Got in Day 3 still no e-mail…Is it maybe tied to a yahoo email address (which I have)? They had a problem with slow registration emails to yahoo addresses earlier…

Posted by PhoenixFromTheFlame aka Floo on August 11, 2011, 10:16 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

Bear in mind that the email system will randomize delivery times a lot. Some emails will be received quickly, others will sit on the Pottermore servers waiting for the destination mail system to accept them, others will be in the destination mail system but not yet delivered, and there can be delays at each stage, particularly when there are 1 million emails involved.

Posted by roonwit on August 11, 2011, 10:20 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

@Heiwa thank you for the reassurance

Posted by mencia on August 11, 2011, 10:20 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Thanks for the explanation, Roonwit! I registered on Day 4 and still no email. The waiting is horrible, even though I realize that the email won’t actually give me access.

Posted by LovesLaborLost on August 11, 2011, 10:30 AM report to moderator
Snape_thumb

still waiting hopefully…

Posted by DreamSpell on August 11, 2011, 10:43 AM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2013-07-08_at_3

pretty sure the third email is going to be the welome email; the seond one is just the confirmation.

Posted by Scarhead on August 11, 2011, 10:49 AM report to moderator

"Harry," said Hagrid abruptly as though struck by a sudden thought. "Gotta bone ter pick with yeh. I've heard you've bin givin' out signed photos. How come I haven't got one?"