First Round of Pottermore Welcome Emails Sent Out, Pottermore Blog Updated

JKRowling.com
Posted by: Mel
August 10, 2011, 03:47 PM

The first round of Pottermore Welcome emails started being sent out today, and as of this writing they are still being sent out. This email indicates that you have been selected for early entry into Pottermore and says that your account will be activated between mid-August and late September. According to the Pottermore blog, a second round of emails will be sent out to let you know that your account has been activated.

The Pottermore blog has been updated with the above information, as well as the answers to all of the questions asked during the Magical Quill Challenge. Apparently, all the multipliers were multiples of seven!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent JKRowling.com News

Not thought out really. Launch Pottermore registration for only 7 days when many families will be on holiday away from the internet. Why can’t JKR just publish something new? It’s been years now since she finished DH.

Posted by Dumblebridge on August 11, 2011, 04:45 AM report to moderator

love the fact of the x7. it is always those little things that I love about the harry potter world

Posted by lpierich on August 11, 2011, 04:50 AM report to moderator
Natterjack_toad_thumb

Still no email, I’m getting paranoid.
It reminds me to much of the email of the first clue, that never came through to me and I had to register again. :-(

Posted by Ninath on August 11, 2011, 05:21 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

Ninath: The emails are nice to get, but not vital. This one gives you a bit of information, and I expect that the second one will say “if you log in now, you will get proper access to the site”. So you can just try logging in when there are reports that others from your day have access and see what you get.

Posted by roonwit on August 11, 2011, 05:40 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

@roonwit that’s all good and well but I would still like to receive the email for myself, I’m starting to feel paranoid too :(

Posted by mencia on August 11, 2011, 05:49 AM report to moderator
Lunanargles_thumb

i got mine during a lecture at uni everyone around me looked at me cause my ipod beeped!

Posted by calliet2b4g on August 11, 2011, 06:03 AM report to moderator
Lunanargles_thumb

Posted by calliet2b4g on August 11, 2011, 06:03 AM report to moderator
Natterjack_toad_thumb

@roonwit – the question is if you can just log in or if you need the welcome mail for that. And if I don’t get this mail, do I get the welcome mail then?!?

That’s what makes me paranoid.

Posted by Ninath on August 11, 2011, 06:28 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

Ninath: You could log in during the magical quill period, you just couldn’t do anything other than change your account settings. Insider says “This second email will let you know that your account has been activated and that you can log in to Pottermore.” so they are just informing you that the account is now fully live. I can’t see the point of making us going through some other extra stage tied to the welcome email, and it would just be extra work for them. If they do want you to agree to beta terms or something (beyond what you already agreed to by signing up for an early access account), it would make sense for them to get you to do that as you access the site.

Posted by roonwit on August 11, 2011, 06:49 AM report to moderator
Natterjack_toad_thumb

I really hope so :-)

Posted by Ninath on August 11, 2011, 07:00 AM report to moderator
Lunaslionhat_thumb

I`ve got my e-mail…. now I`m so excited.

Posted by Luna Lovegood 248 on August 11, 2011, 07:43 AM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_poa_006_thumb

Still no email, I really want one :(

Posted by mi55ymomma on August 11, 2011, 08:12 AM report to moderator

Has everyone who got in on day 3 got their email yet? i haven’t :(

Posted by obsessivehpfan on August 11, 2011, 08:38 AM report to moderator
Natterjack_toad_thumb

@obsessivehpfan – Good to know that I’m not alone :-( So hopefully we’ll get it soon

Posted by Ninath on August 11, 2011, 08:43 AM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

I am a day 3 that still hasn’t received the email either :(

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on August 11, 2011, 09:13 AM report to moderator

He had patched up his wand with some borrowed Spellotape, but it seemed to be damaged beyond repair. It kept crackling and sparking at odd moments, and every time Ron tried to transfigure his beetle it engulfed him in thick gray smoke that smelled of rott