First Round of Pottermore Welcome Emails Sent Out, Pottermore Blog Updated

JKRowling.com
Posted by: Mel
August 10, 2011, 03:47 PM

The first round of Pottermore Welcome emails started being sent out today, and as of this writing they are still being sent out. This email indicates that you have been selected for early entry into Pottermore and says that your account will be activated between mid-August and late September. According to the Pottermore blog, a second round of emails will be sent out to let you know that your account has been activated.

The Pottermore blog has been updated with the above information, as well as the answers to all of the questions asked during the Magical Quill Challenge. Apparently, all the multipliers were multiples of seven!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent JKRowling.com News

Me_thumb

Which makes it a Congragulations email, not a Welcome email….cmon Mel you are insider your sposed to know these things :P

Posted by gecopeland on August 10, 2011, 07:04 PM report to moderator
Vanishing_cabinet_thumb

Got my email. :) Yet, waiting for my next one! CAN’T WAIT… ahhhhwhwhaahhwhwwhhhhhhgg I’m awkward

Posted by Sara Greengrass (S Palms) on August 10, 2011, 07:07 PM report to moderator
Vanishing_cabinet_thumb

I got it on the second day, if your wondering. Have the third day people gotten it yet?

Posted by Sara Greengrass (S Palms) on August 10, 2011, 07:08 PM report to moderator
Natterjack_toad_thumb

no, I haven’t

Posted by Ninath on August 10, 2011, 07:10 PM report to moderator
Vanishing_cabinet_thumb

This is weird.. I suppose either they’re not going in order, or they’re only taken a select amount from each day…

Posted by Sara Greengrass (S Palms) on August 10, 2011, 07:30 PM report to moderator
Graylady_thumb

I am going to be so nervous until I get the next e-mail… I was day 5 and seeing that day 6 had e-mails go out makes me terrified that I am going to get skipped. Urgh… this waiting game is going to drive me around the bend lol… well at least it gives us something to look forward to and be excited about!

Posted by snapegal27 on August 10, 2011, 07:38 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

I think they will be going in order, but there are always going to be delays in the email system for some messages. Those from early days who don’t yet have emails are probably just unlucky, but they should arrive eventually.

Posted by roonwit on August 10, 2011, 07:42 PM report to moderator
Batman_thumb

I got an e-mail but when I clicked on the link to activate it said the page was ‘hidden’ , does this mean I can’t activate my account + is anyone else having the same problem?

Posted by Crazy and Proud on August 10, 2011, 07:52 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

Crazy and Proud: If you mean the verification email, that will have expired by now, and the page it would have taken you to will have gone by now.
The email sent around today just confirms you have an early access place, there is no action you need to take.

Posted by roonwit on August 10, 2011, 08:08 PM report to moderator

Day 3, Still no email….

Posted by jacaldwell on August 10, 2011, 08:12 PM report to moderator

Day 3, Still no email….

Posted by jacaldwell on August 10, 2011, 08:12 PM report to moderator

Day 3, Still no email….

Posted by jacaldwell on August 10, 2011, 08:22 PM report to moderator

Got mine a few hours ago. Excited!

Posted by FireboltChaser on August 10, 2011, 08:34 PM report to moderator

I love that all the answers where multiples of seven.
I appreciate these little things that make things like this that much more special

Posted by You Know Stew [ROAR!] on August 10, 2011, 08:42 PM report to moderator

Still waiting for my email. Got in on day three, but nothing in the inbox yet.

Posted by You Know Stew [ROAR!] on August 10, 2011, 08:43 PM report to moderator

"Hello, Professor Moody!"[br]Malfoy went pale and jumped backward, looking wildly around for Moody, but he was still up at the staff table, finishing his stew.[br]"Twitchy little ferret, aren't you, Malfoy?" said Hermione scathingly...