First Round of Pottermore Welcome Emails Sent Out, Pottermore Blog Updated

JKRowling.com
Posted by: Mel
August 10, 2011, 03:47 PM

The first round of Pottermore Welcome emails started being sent out today, and as of this writing they are still being sent out. This email indicates that you have been selected for early entry into Pottermore and says that your account will be activated between mid-August and late September. According to the Pottermore blog, a second round of emails will be sent out to let you know that your account has been activated.

The Pottermore blog has been updated with the above information, as well as the answers to all of the questions asked during the Magical Quill Challenge. Apparently, all the multipliers were multiples of seven!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent JKRowling.com News

Harry-potter-septet-jpg_thumb

i got mine! YEAAA IM GONNA BE A WIZARD! :D

Posted by HP4Life on August 10, 2011, 04:39 PM report to moderator

does anyone know if there is actually a point to this email? from what i can tell it doesnt tell us anything we dont already know.

Posted by luckyleo81 on August 10, 2011, 04:51 PM report to moderator

Are these emails sent out in any particular order? Are you supposed to get your email first if you registered on an earlier day? And is everyone who found the Quill getting an email, or only certain people?

Posted by Ludve on August 10, 2011, 04:54 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

How exciting! I registered on Day 4. I just checked and I don’t have my email yet.

Posted by LovesLaborLost on August 10, 2011, 04:59 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

luckyleo81: The only new thing is mid-august for the first early access accounts to be enabled. The Insider blog tells us that the log in button will reappear when the first early access starts.

Posted by roonwit on August 10, 2011, 04:59 PM report to moderator
Dsc_0091_thumb

I recieved my email today, too :) So excited! Hope it will be August and not the end of September.

Posted by tibby71 on August 10, 2011, 05:01 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

Ludve: We think they are ordered by the day of registration, though of course some emails will take longer to deliver than others.

Posted by roonwit on August 10, 2011, 05:04 PM report to moderator
Believe_in_yourself_thumb

Congratulations to everyone who got in !!
I can’t believe I didn’t even see it open once :o(

Posted by Tarana on August 10, 2011, 05:13 PM report to moderator

I’ve already received it! Can’t wait. Please SHARE whenever you get the second email.. :)

Posted by TheOtherHorcrux on August 10, 2011, 05:15 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Got mine hours ago. Very happy to get another email from them. Can’t wait until we can start Pottermore during the beta!!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on August 10, 2011, 05:23 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Were is mine? Arghhhhhhhh!

Posted by LovesLaborLost on August 10, 2011, 05:32 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Wow — I got the email. If I hadn’t I would have been crushed.

Posted by Girlraven1 on August 10, 2011, 05:37 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Wow — I got the email. If I hadn’t I would have been crushed.

Posted by Girlraven1 on August 10, 2011, 05:37 PM report to moderator
Natterjack_toad_thumb

I’m getting jealous, I want mine too! NOW!

Posted by Ninath on August 10, 2011, 05:40 PM report to moderator
Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

I have NOT received mine yet… :(
Although I got in on the 5th day… so I guess that I still have to keep waiting for a little longer. Soooooo glad for those of you who already got it…. soooo jealous!

Posted by Halfblood Princess on August 10, 2011, 05:42 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"So the boggart sitting in the darkness within has not yet assumed a form. He does not yet know what will frighten the person on the other side of the door. Nobody knows what a boggart looks like when he is alone, but when I let him out, he will immediate