New Profile Piece on J. K. Rowling: "How J. K. Changed the Face of Literature"

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
July 09, 2011, 07:23 PM

Stylist magazine has a new article which focuses on J. K. Rowling and how she contributed to "changing the face of literature" as well as a reflection on the evolution of Harry Potter's popularity:

It’s not simply publishing where Rowling’s effect has been felt; the way she handled the Potter books’ transformation into movies was revolutionary too. When the film rights were snapped up in 1999 – for a seven-figure sum – by Warner Bros, many writers would have been cowed into taking a back-seat. Rowling ensured that the film was shot in Britain. That Coca-Cola donate $18 million to American charity Reading Is Fundamental if they wanted to be involved. She signed off every script and even acted as a producer on both parts of the Deathly Hallows. As ever, she is modest. “I have been allowed to make my views felt. You know, that’s not to say they’re going to take my views on board, but the conscience rests easy, if you like, knowing that I was able to sit in the meeting and say what I would not feel comfortable with.”
Rowling still maintains to this day that nothing was ‘her call’. There was even talk that her clear approach made Steven Spielberg back out of directing the first film. “Did I have a fight with him?” she said when asked about it. “No, I definitely did not. I read that in an article and was mystified. There were things he said that I didn’t agree with, there were things he said that I did agree with.”

You can read the rest of the article here. Thanks to Stylist for sending this our way!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

From_start_to_finish_by_tian_cai-d33cmh1_thumb

j.k rowling, you are inspiring to us all <3

Posted by handhrfan18 on July 10, 2011, 07:49 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Another great article to read.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on July 10, 2011, 08:19 PM report to moderator
Daniel_radcliffe_being_perfect_thumb

We love you Jo!!!!!! You’re amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL I yelled out the exact same thing at the premiere… it didn’t sound too crazy at the time, but once i watched the video, i was like WOAH, IM CRAZY!!!!!!!!! because I sounded sooooo insane! It made me realize that Harry Potter has made such a big impact in our lives; one so big we cant even begin to comprehend it. SO I’d like to say to you JO, thank you for giving us something to live for (Not that we were gonna commit suicide or anything, but you get what I mean)

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Posted by Potterhead777 {ROAR!} on July 11, 2011, 07:17 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

THANK YOU JKR!!!!

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on July 11, 2011, 11:30 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

She is amazing!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on July 16, 2011, 04:35 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"I think the Chamber has been locked for good this time. The culprit must have known it was only a matter of time before I caught him. Rather sensible to stop now, before I came down hard on him."