Excerpts from Dan Radcliffe's Interview in August 2011 GQ: Going Teetotal, Child Actors and Post-Potter Projects

Radcliffe Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
July 04, 2011, 04:38 PM

Excerpts from the interview Daniel Radcliffe gave to men's magazine GQ have now appeared online via The Telegraph. Although the August 2011 issue isn't out until the 7th July, The Telegraph has a number of quotes from Radcliffe about choosing a quieter lifestyle and the reasoning behind his choice to go teetotal last summer:

As much as I would love to be a person that goes to parties and has a couple of drinks and has a nice time, that doesn't work for me. I do that very unsuccessfully. I'd just rather sit at home and read, or talk to somebody that makes me laugh. There's no shame in enjoying the quiet life. And that's been the realisation of the past few years for me.
Once again the actor spoke about life after Potter, specifically his choice to take on new projects, saying, "If I can make a career for myself after Potter, and it goes well, and is varied and with longevity, then that puts to bed the 'child actors argument'."

You can read The Telegraph's write-up on the interview at this link and find Daniel Radcliffe's playlist here on the GQ website.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe Interviews News

Jenavieve_one_thumb

first comment :) coolio

Posted by AlexWeasley12 {WitchFelicis130} on July 04, 2011, 04:48 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Cool 2nd comment :) great.

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on July 04, 2011, 05:01 PM report to moderator

Sounds cool! 3rd comment!

Posted by Harrypotter4 on July 04, 2011, 05:27 PM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

I think the trio has already put to bed the argument about child actors. They have gone from being ordinary unknown actors to being well-recognized and famous and yet they all three have managed to take a path that is exemplary. They are pursuing careers, yet they have managed to retain lives that are as normal as possible. I’m so glad that they aren’t like the child actors that have come out of Hollywood lately or the rich people who have decided to make themselves famous by living their not normal lives on reality shows.

Posted by Eeyore on July 04, 2011, 06:10 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

It was an alcoholic for 2 mins, he’s over it. Doesn’t much like big news, just every young 20 something in the country. Strange just how sensible this guy is! Still I always appreciate the honesty. And I’m so glad that he’s prepared to work “Don’t try so hard to be something you’re not” Stellar advice

And YES!!!! I love when Dan tells us about his ipod! I LOVE HIS TASTE IN MUSIC. My ipod and many crazy live experiences owe Dan alot over the past 10 years! Thanks again Dan! Love the Hitten song! Buying it!

Posted by KiwiMcI on July 04, 2011, 06:37 PM report to moderator

Please vote for Hagrid in the Harry Potter World Cup…Twilight fans are voting and are trying to beat Hagrid…we can’t let this happen…PLEASE VOTE GUYS!

Posted by minniee33 on July 04, 2011, 07:34 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Fab interview and I love the pic of Dan. Very ‘Grease’ ;). I cant wait to see what he does next.

Posted by LunaLuver on July 04, 2011, 07:52 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Another nice interview…

Posted by Won_Two on July 04, 2011, 08:42 PM report to moderator

Daniel is very down-to-earth! :D

Posted by . on July 04, 2011, 08:49 PM report to moderator
Hl002-1allinye_thumb

His statement brought me love. Yaya for us fellow non-partiers. ^^

Posted by jedisakora on July 04, 2011, 11:19 PM report to moderator
Daniel-radcliff-how-to-succeed1-240x300_normal_thumb

He surely will have a great career

Posted by HalfbloodPrince08 on July 04, 2011, 11:21 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Cool. Good Luck Dan

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on July 05, 2011, 05:30 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

good for him that he quit drinking that’s a good example. he also come’s off as a sensible and down to earth person :)

Posted by mencia on July 05, 2011, 05:55 AM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Good luck Dan!

Posted by Girlraven1 on July 05, 2011, 09:20 AM report to moderator

Dan shows wisdom beyond his years in his words….in admitting his weakness and in his ambitions. Perhaps it is a credit to the fact there really was a family to raise all the young people on the Potter set. So sad to see so many high profile people who never realize what Dan has at 21!

Posted by ginevra47 on July 05, 2011, 09:37 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"I merely thought," said Snape, in a voice of forced calm, "that if Potter was wandering around after hours again... it's an unfortunate habit of his... he should be stopped. For -- for his own safety."[br]"Ah, I see," said Moody softly. "Got Potter's bes