Video: New Dan Radcliffe Interview, Talks Ron/Hermione Kiss and Favorite Moment Playing Harry

Radcliffe
Posted by: Mel
July 03, 2011, 02:42 PM

There's a new interview from E!News with Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) where he discusses, among other things, seeing the Ron/Hermione kiss on film and what his favorite moment playing Harry Potter has been over the past ten years. You can see the interview here or below. Enjoy!

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" will be in theatres on July 15th.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Hermione_poster_thumb

DO NOT GET A TATTOO

Posted by silverkacy on July 03, 2011, 06:40 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

Bloody Brilliant! I don’t want it to end……..But I must!

Phelps_thumb

:’) My childhood is coming to an end

Posted by SecretAgentSam on July 03, 2011, 07:05 PM report to moderator

Just another reminder that it’s all over very soon.

Posted by Nargles_in_Jax_FL on July 03, 2011, 08:09 PM report to moderator
187078_100000976985770_7298588_n_thumb

i bet harry will kiss hermione

Posted by rafael potter on July 03, 2011, 08:58 PM report to moderator
From_start_to_finish_by_tian_cai-d33cmh1_thumb

i am going to have tears in my eyes. this was my childhood. i didn’t even notice them growing up and now the end is here ., damnn how much times have changed, This interview is amazing daniel! i love ur interviews!

Posted by handhrfan18 on July 03, 2011, 10:15 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Not too many of these interviews left I should think… Sure has been a lot of ’em over the last several years…

Posted by Won_Two on July 04, 2011, 12:18 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

So happy! I am just going to cry and laugh and cheer through the whole movie! I’ll have to go see it again right after because I’ll have missed it through the tears!

Posted by Jacket on July 04, 2011, 12:50 AM report to moderator
Copy_of__cid__1202082132_thumb

I don’t think the giggling or the fact that Dan saw them as Rupert and Emma means it’s going to be a bad kiss. I mean, granted, it’s not the way JKR wrote the kiss, but I still feel that it’s within their characters to giggle after they finally kiss. I mean, I’ve been in that situation before, having had a crush on someone for ages and then finally kissing and realizing they’ve had a crush on me, too. I can easily understand a giggle, because it’s like… all that tension and worrying was for nothing! I should have made a move sooner! lol

Posted by he_who_must_not_be_nicknamed on July 04, 2011, 03:28 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

I’m astonished that people get so worked up about the kissing scenes, but this could just be a sign that I’m getting old. I’m more interested in Dan’s remarks about Alan Rickman’s performance—that sounds very exciting. For the record, the kiss sounded OK to me!

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on July 04, 2011, 04:57 AM report to moderator
Fwooper1_thumb

It’s amazing how Daniel is still enthusiastic about answering roughly the same questions over and over again (“How was it to grow up on set?” /“How was it to work with some of the finest actors in the world?” / How do you feel about it all ending? / "? All three of them are really really patient. I love his comments on Rickman’s performance :) And I’ve got hair envy – the interviewer’ s mane just looks amazing…

Posted by siena on July 04, 2011, 07:15 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

I can’t wait for the kissing scene & Mrs. Weasley’s scene with Bellatrix and the final show down between Harry & Voldy. it’s gonna be great!!!!!!

Posted by mencia on July 04, 2011, 09:05 AM report to moderator
Petunia2_thumb

They were embarrassed and pink in the face in the book (after the kiss), so adding some laughter isn’t a huge deal to me. I’m glad to know that HE was pleased with the movie. If he has closure, then it’s likely that I will as well.

Posted by Mad But Happy on July 04, 2011, 11:01 AM report to moderator

siena, I agree, that’s why Dan is perfect to play this role, it’s not just about acting, it’s all the energy and patience needed for everything these movies mean.
I think the way he describes the kiss is perfect, what he is saying is it looks natural, it doesn’t look like somethibng fake, and that’s what I think everyone was looking foward to see. :)

Posted by ethanHP on July 04, 2011, 11:02 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

@abandonedboyjon, seriously don’t worry about Dan’s comment about the moment after the kiss, it works really well, it doesn’t seem at all out of character for Ron and Hermione, believe me. I saw the film yesterday, there was a sort of aaahhhh and a happy sort of feeling from the audience when they kissed, not cheering which would have ruined it. Mind you it was a crew screening, so not like having a cinema full of obsessed fans.

I would be more interested in what Dan says about Alan Rickman’s performance, he’s right there, Alan is brilliant in the film.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on July 04, 2011, 12:22 PM report to moderator

"By the way, my dear," she shot suddenly at Parvati Patil, "beware a red-haired man."[br]Parvati gave a startled look at Ron, who was right behind her, and edged her chair away from him.