"Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Reaches $900M in Global Box Office

DH Film
Posted by: Stephanie_J
July 28, 2011, 06:48 PM

Reuters is reporting that "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" has reached $900 million in the worldwide box office only 15 days after its initial release. This makes it the fastest movie to ever reach this milestone, breaking the previous 18-day record held by James Cameron's "Avatar."

In the U.S., "Part 2" has brought in over $291 million and another $615 million in the foreign box office.

According to analysts, "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" is on track to become the first Harry Potter film to reach the $1 billion mark. Currently, "Sorcerer's Stone" holds the top spot as the biggest Harry Potter film with a total of $974.8 million.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Hpphotoshop_thumb

Well done Harry Potter!!

Sadly I’ve only seen it once but I would love to see it another 2 times :)

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on July 29, 2011, 09:24 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Well done Harry Potter!!

Sadly I’ve only seen it once but I would love to see it another 2 times :)

Hahaha!!!
I new it!!

Posted by camila_black08 on July 29, 2011, 11:52 AM report to moderator

I didn’t see it in 3D yet… I’m going to watch in Imax 3D saturday :D

Posted by camila_black08 on July 29, 2011, 11:55 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Can’t wait to get home to see it again! I want it to beat Avatar come on Harry!

Posted by KiwiMcI on July 29, 2011, 01:37 PM report to moderator
Daniel_radcliffe_being_perfect_thumb

WOO HOO!!!!!! WE CAN DO IT GUYS!!!!!!

Posted by Potterhead777 {ROAR!} on July 29, 2011, 01:55 PM report to moderator

Whoo! Go Harry Potter! They really do deserve it! :D

Posted by . on July 29, 2011, 03:40 PM report to moderator
Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

I already saw it twice and I’m going again in a couple of days… but… why is everybody so happy that the movie is reaching the billion dolar mark? We are not getting any dime of it… we’re making WB soooooo rich! I’m just glad the movie got such great acceptance not only because we are loyal fans but because it is the end of an era.

Posted by Halfblood Princess on July 29, 2011, 05:25 PM report to moderator
Img_0594_1__thumb

@ chikitcorpuzvesterbaek, I agree with having Neville with hufflepuff student Hannah Abbott.

Yeah, I’ll go watch it a 2nd time. The only reason I didn’t is because I wanted to watch it with a friend who hasn’t seen it yet.

Posted by CorruptedNethicite on July 29, 2011, 06:37 PM report to moderator

with a 17 day holiday ( with 3 days left) a years cinema pass which allows me to go to the cinema as many times as i wish during that period and a bemused group of family and friends. i’ve seen this film 31 times and counting. When Harry’s on, i only go and see him. Same as when in New York in April I went for 5 days purely to see Dan in H2S and saw it 6 times.If i enjoy it, why not. When i watch the end and see the three leads fading into blackness, i know it’s the end of an era.

Posted by jain on July 29, 2011, 06:38 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

One billion sounds like a good number!

Posted by Girlraven1 on July 29, 2011, 07:29 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

One billion sounds like a good number!

Posted by Girlraven1 on July 29, 2011, 07:29 PM report to moderator
From_start_to_finish_by_tian_cai-d33cmh1_thumb

i have seen it three time already! it was worth the money everytime! it is the first movie to ever make me feel soo emmotional <3. it is just plain awesome! they derserve to make a billion! :D

Posted by handhrfan18 on July 29, 2011, 09:32 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

Fantastic! Hopefully we’ll be able to beat Titanic, I don’t think anything will move Avatar from the top spot. grumbles
I was going to see the film again on the 31st to celebrate Harry’s birthday but I’m desperate be be a Pottermore tester, I’ll probably go next week instead (and the week after that, and the week after that ETC.) :D

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on July 29, 2011, 10:15 PM report to moderator

I saw it twice on IMAX 3D the first I’ve ever done in my movie watching life…and I must say with the rate of movie watchers up until now in 2D, 3D or IMAX 3D reaching the 1 billion mark is definitely possible.

Posted by rainmaker on July 30, 2011, 03:53 AM report to moderator

"We will see each uzzer again, I 'ope," said Fleur as she reached [Harry], holding out her hand. "I am 'oping to get a job 'ere, to improve my Eenglish."[br]"It's very good already," said Ron in a strangled sort of voice. Fleur smiled at him; Hermione sco