"A Celebration of the Harry Potter Films" at Universal Orlando Announced for Nov. 11 - 13, 2011

Events
Posted by: Stephanie_J
July 25, 2011, 04:27 PM

Warner Bros. and Universal Orlando have teamed up to bring fans A Celebration of the Harry Potter Films at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter to mark a decade of movie magic.

The event will span the weekend of November 11-13, 2011 and vacation packages for admittance to the event will go on sale Sunday, July 31 at noon EST. Guests will have the option to choose between two packages: the Celebration Package (starting at $369 per person) and the Premier Package ($699 pp) which will have additional perks.

The weekend will consist of screenings of all 8 Harry Potter films at AMC Universal Cineplex in CityWalk, Q&A sessions with cast members, filmmakers and the Universal Creative Team, and autograph sessions with cast members (premier package only). Premier package members will also be invited to a closing gala on the evening of Nov. 13 which will include food, drinks, live entertainment and cast member appearances.

Cast and crew attending have not yet been announced, however according to Universal, author J.K. Rowling will not be present. The special guests will be revealed closer to the date.

Visit the Universal Orlando "A Celebration of Harry Potter Films" website for more information, and stick close to Leaky for the latest!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Events News

Oh wow, sounds amazing! Wish I could go. Really tempted to look at flight fares.

Posted by Filmgirl152 on July 26, 2011, 09:29 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Sounds like fun…

Posted by Won_Two on July 26, 2011, 11:11 PM report to moderator
36051_169251979755516_114302268583821_590721_1732889_n_small_thumb

it looks amazing i hope i can go

Posted by Sarah10248 *ROAR* on July 26, 2011, 11:35 PM report to moderator
Hermione_grange_thumb

That will be fun.

Posted by HarryPotterGirl (Hermione) on July 27, 2011, 02:04 PM report to moderator
Wallpaper-harry-1920x1200_thumb

I WANT TO GO!!! But apparently, this doesnt seem to be for the fans but only for money! They should have made this affordable to the fans since we are the ones that have been following and keeping the World of Harry Potter alive! I view as a money making scheme! Even though im sure Universal have enough money!

Posted by Potter101 on July 27, 2011, 10:52 PM report to moderator

so expensive…well..not that bad considering the cost of each thing separately but overall…bleh. i wish they’d offer something for pass holders. mine expires next month tho so i’d have to renew anyway.

Posted by noxiousCaitSith on July 28, 2011, 03:30 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Wish I could go! Sounds like tons of fun!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on July 31, 2011, 01:02 PM report to moderator
Img_5929_thumb

The premier package is already sold out.

Posted by Weasleysmom on July 31, 2011, 06:34 PM report to moderator

I’m going! Got my tickets yesterday! Just the celebration package because the premiere one was rediculously expensive! $369 really isn’t that bad if you think about how it includes a hotel for 4 nights, and admission to the universal parks for 3 days, plus early admission not to mention the Q&A we get to attend. Well worth the money in my opinion! Can’t wait, traveling across the country for this!!

Posted by fairylights04 on August 02, 2011, 01:18 AM report to moderator

Posted by fairylights04 on August 02, 2011, 01:18 AM report to moderator

I’m going!! I only got the celebration package because the premiere one was sold out in 2 minutes. Crazy!!! I’m going on my own though so if anyone is going that would enjoy an add on in their group please let me know!

Posted by sajazara on September 12, 2011, 09:00 AM report to moderator

Yay! I’m buying the Celebration Package right now. Too bad I couldn’t get the Premire Package :( I heard they sold out in 10 hours 8D

Posted by TimberHowl on October 19, 2011, 06:38 PM report to moderator

"He seems like a very good teacher," said Hermione approvingly. "But I wish I could have had a turn with the boggart --"[br]"What would it have been for you?" said Ron, sniggering. "A piece of homework that only got nine out of ten?"