"Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Sets First Weekend Record at Foreign Box Office

DH Film
Posted by: Mel
July 20, 2011, 09:50 PM

In addition to breaking the single day box office record, and the opening weekend record, "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" has earned $314 million in foreign box offices, setting a new first weekend record:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 outpaced even the most generous prognostications this weekend, setting a new weekend record with an incredible $314 million at the foreign box office. That's 20 percent up on the previous record-holder, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, and 32 percent up on Half-Blood Prince's series record. Including its stunning domestic take, Deathly Hallows Part 2 also eclipsed Half-Blood Prince to set the worldwide opening weekend record with an astronomical $483.2 million. That improved to $542.2 million through Monday ($18 million domestic plus $41 million overseas), and the movie set a new record by passing the half-billion dollar mark in just six days.

You can read more on "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" box office gains here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Dobbysnap_thumb

I’m glad to see my favorite series breaking another record. I’ve seen it twice and plan to see it again soon.

Posted by Justin the Mighty on July 21, 2011, 07:12 PM report to moderator
Ai

Guys, HP 7.2 is not only gaining in money ! Go for IMDb website and search for their list of Top 250 movies of all time. HP 7.2 stands at no. 73 !

Posted by India is land of the Phoenix on July 21, 2011, 08:37 PM report to moderator

Thanksssss Greattttttt :) im sooo excited for them..

Posted by LovelyPotter on July 22, 2011, 12:56 AM report to moderator

They deserve it ! my all time favorite HP7 pt 2!!

Posted by LovelyPotter on July 22, 2011, 01:00 AM report to moderator
Rainbow_lines_cross_clipart_thumb

I’m so proud to be a part of this fandom!! awesome!!

Posted by choopiggy on July 22, 2011, 04:16 AM report to moderator
Hermione_poster_thumb

I’ve seen it 3 times in 3-d

Posted by silverkacy on July 22, 2011, 11:47 AM report to moderator
From_start_to_finish_by_tian_cai-d33cmh1_thumb

yes!! im soo happy :D

Posted by handhrfan18 on July 22, 2011, 05:59 PM report to moderator

That’s so amazing! I can’t wait to get it on DVD so I can have a movie marathon of all them at home. :)

Posted by asiefert on July 22, 2011, 09:37 PM report to moderator
100_4747_thumb

I would be so amazed if it didn’t. Its like the last so yeah.

Posted by HarryLover on July 22, 2011, 11:48 PM report to moderator
Stmungosspew_thumb

OMG LOVE HP 7 PART 2.. GONNA WATCH IT AGAIN TODAY!!!

Posted by ahaque521 on July 24, 2011, 11:30 AM report to moderator

I can’t believe I still haven’t seen it yet! It looks great! :)

Posted by HermioneGranger28 on July 25, 2011, 10:42 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Of course it has! Its an amazing movie! I’m not very surprised, just pleased!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on July 31, 2011, 11:57 AM report to moderator

"Maybe he's [i]left,[/i]" said Harry, "because he missed out on the Defense Against Dark Arts job [i]again[/i]!"[br]"Or he might have been [i]sacked[/i]!" said Ron enthusiastically. "I mean, everyone hates him --"[br]"Or maybe," said a very cold voice rig