"Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Breaks Opening Weekend Record

DH Film
Posted by: Mel
July 18, 2011, 06:58 PM

"Deathly Hallows: Part 2" has broken the opening weekend record, earning $169.2 million this first weekend of its release, and surpassing the previous record holder, "The Dark Knight," which in 2008 earned $158.4 million the first weekend it was in theatres. You can read, in more detail, about "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" box office earnings here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Now as long as the last two sucky Twilight movies dont beat DH we’ll all be good. Nad I mean, how can they, really?
I liked the ending, it was different but think back, all except the first movie ends differently. PoA had the worst ending, I think thid one work, although Harry not fixing his wand did throw me some. But the Epilogue was simply amazing! :)

Posted by LunaLuver on July 19, 2011, 01:32 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_half_blood_prince_1__thumb

Woo ok someone else thought that too. I mean the ending wasn’t even as emotional as some of the previous movies. There were hardly any lines. And seriously didn’t it appear as if Neville killed Voldemort what with him fading away (he should’ve exploded haha) right after Nagini was killed. If they would’ve had like ten more minutes it would’ve been perfect…

Posted by chanman on July 19, 2011, 01:34 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Oh yeah baby!!! Twilight doesn’t stand a chance.

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on July 19, 2011, 03:12 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

@ Chanman my sentiments exactly!

Posted by mencia on July 19, 2011, 04:19 AM report to moderator

Absolutely great film, I wouldn’t change anything. So emotional. The reaction from the audience was great, such a buzz. Really proud of the movie and can’t wait to see it again this weekend and add to the box office.

Posted by vamjf1 on July 19, 2011, 04:51 AM report to moderator

Oh, and one comment about the 3D. I’ve always been a movie purist, kind of, but the 3D is definitely worth a look, even if it is only once. Kind of cool, although not really needed.

Posted by vamjf1 on July 19, 2011, 05:26 AM report to moderator
Iconator_1a0e5a2a006d2c78af7e716742496a56_thumb

I loved the movie a lot, one of my faves, the only small minors of dislike was James when was young in snape memories, the no mention of invisibility cloak of the deathly hallows being harry’s, the broken wand (that’s what less bothers me, because between the entry when Harry found his friends and they being already on the bridge, it could be a perfect off screen moment), now Harry’s invisibility cloak and James hair color and no glasses, there is no excuses there, but since is just extras somehow, so I’m not bothered really, they put the key moments to flow the story and sort of satisfied they compensated the bathilda bagshot to the camp scene (how Harry’s mother died and a bit of Harry’s father) on snape memories

but I’m happy it broken the record, it deserves it for a final installment of worldwide phenomenon that we HP fans are part of =)

Posted by worldstraveller on July 19, 2011, 08:44 AM report to moderator
T_129495617081304220_thumb

wow thats alot of money!!!!

Posted by #1harrypotterfan{HISS} on July 19, 2011, 08:53 AM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

I’m not suprized at how much it made ,even if it the ending is a little dissapointing ,(I mean we learn nothing about Teddy ,we don’t know anything about Dumbledore’s sister …the list goes on and on )
(did anybody else think it odd that :a, little James,Lilly and Hugo say Nothing in
the Nineteen years later thing ? and b,little Albus looks about 14 and has a farret not an owl?)

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on July 19, 2011, 09:57 AM report to moderator
Daniel_radcliffe_being_perfect_thumb

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS, HARRY :)

Posted by Potterhead777 {ROAR!} on July 19, 2011, 10:06 AM report to moderator
Shaw__4__thumb

I always knew it would break such a record.

Posted by HogwartsForever on July 19, 2011, 11:27 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

not a big surprise considering how AWESOME the movie was!!!!!

Posted by ParisThePotterLuver on July 19, 2011, 12:10 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Not surprised in the very least!

Posted by Won_Two on July 19, 2011, 12:12 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

That’s really great!
Only thing is it puts 3D back up there, it’s been losing face but now it’ll be rising again with such a fantastic start to a 3D movie. It’s a pain. They should come out with perscription 3D glasses, if 3D sticks I’m going to want a pair, wearing those glasses over mine just SUCKS! they always slip down my face and it makes it difficult to really enjoy the movie. I will never again see DH part 2 in 3D. I will see it many many more times, in good old 2D.

Posted by Jacket on July 19, 2011, 12:19 PM report to moderator

yea the ending should have followed the book closer why didnt they show harry repair his wand ect ect I guess im disapointed for people who never read the books they will not see the way jo tied every thing together

Posted by wdlee on July 19, 2011, 07:14 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

The real Mad-Eye Moody was at the staff table now, his wooden leg and magical eye back in place. He was extremely twitchy, jumping every time someone spoke to him. Harry couldn't blame him; Moody's fear of attack was bound to have been increased by his te