Upcoming Projects for the Harry Potter Cast

HP Cast
Posted by: Mel
July 17, 2011, 06:57 PM

A new, brief article summarizes what some of the Harry Potter cast - as well as director David Yates and J. K. Rowling - will be moving on to now that the Harry Potter films are finished. Here are what just a few cast members will be doing:

British comedian Robbie Coltrane [Hagrid] will retire the robes of Potter’s lovable giant comrade to take up the role of Lord Dingwall in Pixar’s upcoming “Brave,” alongside Potter co-star Emma Thompson (Prof. Sybil Trelawney, the seemingly absent-minded Divinations professor).

Harry Potter’s beau Bonnie Wright [Ginny Weasley] will be breaking from the Weasley family and hitting the books with the upcoming film “The Philosophers,” about a Jakarta international high school philosophy experiment. Wright is moving into her third year studying film and television in London.

Additionally, J. K. Rowling has been quoted:

"I'm writing, and I've done quite a lot since finishing Harry Potter," she said at the "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" premiere to MTV News. "I think I always felt I didn't want to publish again until the last film was out because Potter has been such a huge thing in my life,” she told BBC News. “I've been writing hard ever since I finished writing Hallows, so I've got a lot of stuff and I suppose it's a question of deciding which one comes out first. But I will publish again. In a sense it's a beginning for me as well as an end."

You can read about what some other cast members are doing here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HP Cast News

377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

I can’t wait for her to start publishing again, I’m sure it will be great :D

Posted by mencia on July 18, 2011, 07:51 AM report to moderator

i love that she’s been writing and can’t wait to see what comes out next!

Posted by glow_freak on July 18, 2011, 10:42 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Very good article…

Posted by Won_Two on July 18, 2011, 10:47 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

I can’t wait to see what Jo will publish next!

Posted by Jacket on July 18, 2011, 11:45 AM report to moderator
111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

Ssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee’ssssssssssssssssssss wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEP!

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on July 18, 2011, 12:02 PM report to moderator

Wait but at the end of part 2 it showed him and his son? Whats that about? If she isn’t writing any more than y did they show that?

Posted by HPfan97 on July 18, 2011, 01:57 PM report to moderator

Posted by HPfan97 on July 18, 2011, 01:57 PM report to moderator
Avatars_house2_13_thumb

Hopefully we’ll get the encyclopedia soon~

Posted by shi suisen on July 18, 2011, 02:00 PM report to moderator
Tonks_thumb

so happy for them yet so sad at the same time :(

Posted by sboyer06 on July 18, 2011, 02:04 PM report to moderator
The_weasleys_thumb

even though theres no more potter im still excited to see what she writes cause she is an amazing writer no matter what

Posted by fredluver14 on July 18, 2011, 02:18 PM report to moderator
The_weasleys_thumb

Posted by fredluver14 on July 18, 2011, 02:18 PM report to moderator

Congrats to everybody in the Harry Potter series (cast and crew) to be doing something else other than Harry Potter, but I’m glad they appreciate and love Harry Potter as much as we do, and this is just a chapter closing in our lives, but that doesn’t mean we won’t forget all the memories! =] And I actually can’t wait to see what J.K. Rowling’s up to! I’m sure everyone would love her new books if it’s about Harry or not! =]

Posted by . on July 18, 2011, 04:05 PM report to moderator
Luna_lovegood_thumb

@crikeyhunter that was SO ANNOYING

Posted by LoopeyLooneyLuna on July 18, 2011, 11:16 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-galleon_thumb

It’s just been announced that Emma Watson will star in Guillermo del Toro adaption of Beauty and the Beast. http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=79906

Posted by LegendMN007 on July 19, 2011, 12:09 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_half_blood_prince_1__thumb

@HProx101[ROAR!] I thought the doe part was in it

Posted by chanman on July 19, 2011, 12:17 AM report to moderator

"Homework -- compose a poem about my defeat of the Wagga Wagga Werewolf! Signed copies of [i]Magical Me[/i] to the author of the best one!"