Universal Orlando Surprises Fans with Access to Wizarding World of Harry Potter After Midnight Screening of "Deathly Hallows: Part 2"

Fan Events
Posted by: Stephanie_J
July 15, 2011, 02:08 PM

Universal Orlando gave Harry Potter fans the surprise of a lifetime following the midnight screening of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" at Universal CityWalk's AMC theater.

More than 3,000 fans were given complimentary access to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter when the film ended at 3 a.m. All 20 screens playing the movie at the AMC Universal Cineplex were sold out. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter remained open for these select guests until 5 a.m.

Images of fans celebrating and entering the theme park in the early hours of the morning can be seen at this link!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fan Events News

Ootp_tumblr_thumb

i loved the midnight premeire i was at…i wasnt the only one cheering at my fav parts…best of all someone randomly starting doing the mysterious ticking noise while we were wating for the commercials to start…good times. LOVED it.

Posted by hermy007 on July 15, 2011, 06:02 PM report to moderator
Ootp_tumblr_thumb

snape snape…severus snape.

Posted by hermy007 on July 15, 2011, 06:03 PM report to moderator
Ed-in-chief_thumb

I live on the wrong continent. ;-)

Posted by chikitcorpuzvesterbaek on July 15, 2011, 06:37 PM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

How fantastic! We were there in May and I loved every minute of it. That would be a perfect way to finish the midnight show. Good on Universal for doing something so great for the fans.

Posted by Eeyore on July 15, 2011, 07:09 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Very lucky people indeed and my jealously is starting to grow :D

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on July 15, 2011, 07:30 PM report to moderator
Harry-and-ginny-hugging-half-blood-prince-harry-potter-actors-1550738-400-371_thumb

I’m so jealous !!!!

Posted by Ready for some quidditch on July 15, 2011, 08:14 PM report to moderator
600full-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows_-part-2-screenshot_thumb

That would’ve been so fun when I went to the Wizarding World in Orlando it was only open till 5:00 pm

Posted by maddison R-O-A-R on July 15, 2011, 08:50 PM report to moderator
Profile_thumb

What Fun! Our theatre sold out all 13 auditoriums 2 weeks ago- so I was so glad to have been there! All midnight releases over the past decade. :) Whoot!

Posted by willowandlaylasmom on July 15, 2011, 09:45 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_capture_thumb

Wow! I wish I could have been there!

Posted by sirius33 on July 15, 2011, 10:14 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_capture_thumb

Wow! I wish I could have been there!

Posted by sirius33 on July 15, 2011, 10:14 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_capture_thumb

Wow! I wish I could have been there!

Posted by sirius33 on July 15, 2011, 10:15 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Bravo Universal that was so nice. And Hogsmeade looked so beautiful with the moon out. It must have been class craic and a perfect magical way to end the night. Hope there was butterbeer

Posted by KiwiMcI on July 15, 2011, 10:23 PM report to moderator
Deathlyhallows_thumb

I was there! Legitimately the GREATEST night of my life. I cried nonstop when I saw the red carpet and everyone was cheering for us. Bravo Universal, you just made this girls life complete.

Posted by FullofWrackspurts [ROAR] on July 15, 2011, 11:39 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Those lucky 3000 devils! Wish i wsa there

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on July 16, 2011, 03:17 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Lucky lucky people!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on July 16, 2011, 05:13 AM report to moderator

He was not going to die crouching here like a child playing hide-and-seek; he was not going to die kneeling at Voldemort's feet... he was going to die upright like his father, and he was going to die trying to defend himself, even if no defense was possib