Leaky's Coverage of "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" North American Premiere

DH Film
Posted by: Stephanie_J
July 14, 2011, 09:12 PM

Images and videos from Leaky's coverage of the North American premiere of "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" in New York City is now online.

Our first video is with director David Yates, producer David Heyman, and screenwriter Steve Kloves. Heyman talked to Leaky some more about the as-yet-untitled documentary by filmmaker Morgan Matthews that was shot during production of the final film, and also revealed that Part 1 is currently being converted to 3D for a future DVD release.

The second video features Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) and Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) talking about their best moments from "Part 2," future plans, and more.

Update:
Our photos from the red carpet can also be found in the galleries and include all of the aforementioned actors, in addition to Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom) and Alan Rickman (Severus Snape).

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Haven’t slept since the midnight show last night and heading out to the 1pm matinee this afternoon…No sleep till Hogwarts!

Posted by RUSIRIUS? on July 15, 2011, 10:41 AM report to moderator
Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

@Doublecore: I’m working with just 3 hours of sleep too!!! I just finished a Starbucks with a double shot of coffee… I hope it helps. I feel so tired but happy to already have seen HP7.II. I think that it was amazing, I cried for 90% of the movie… actually I think I stopped crying for a moment at the end of it (before the epilogue)… I, particulary, didn’t like the Harry-Voldemort battle that much. It was epic, yes… but soooooo different from the book!!!! Nagini should’ve been in a cristal case and Harry should’ve told Neville to finish Nagini off and not Hermione and Ron! Was it sooo difficult to stick to the book for such an important part?
Snape also shouldn’t have shared his memories with tears… and what was that pensieve about???? Why couldn’t they made it out of stone? Anyways, the memories of the Halfblood Prince were touching, I felt I had a really close encounter with my feelings!!!!

Posted by Halfblood Princess on July 15, 2011, 11:31 AM report to moderator
Petunia2_thumb

Loved the last movie! They did the same things they did in other films (didn’t give too much nod to secondary characters, story-arcs, and some details), but the movie itself was not ruined because of it. In was, infact, one of the better ones in the series (in my opinion). Neville, Molly, Ron, etc. all got their moments of glory. I’m glad we went out on a high note! It’s so sad to see it go… but hey, Pottermore to look forward to! ;) People were BAWLING as they walked out of the theatre, though… I felt like doing so, myself.

Posted by Mad But Happy on July 15, 2011, 12:14 PM report to moderator

I have now seen DH2 twice and I feel it is the best of the Potter films despite its deep flaws. Once again, Harry /Ginny is simply unbelievable-the two actors have zilch physical attraction for each other-that is clear. One would like to think that two 20 somethings would know a little bit about sexual passion- not an ounce here I am afraid.

Ron and Hermoine’s snog well- at least we have two actors who seem to have a bit of experience with things romantic- but Body Heat it ain’t.

The death of Voldemort was anticlimactic to say the least- why change the book’s ending ? Bad decision.

Prince’s Tale=fantastic;
Dumbledore’s back story – non existent.

Posted by Beazle on July 15, 2011, 12:45 PM report to moderator
Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

OMG! I didn’t realize, until know, that Dumbledore’s back story didn’t appear, we didn’t get to see anything about Ariana until very late in this last installment… anyhow, it should’ve appeared on DH1…

Posted by Halfblood Princess on July 15, 2011, 01:08 PM report to moderator
Call_me_snuffles_thumb

I saw the movie last night and it was AWESOME! I think it is one of the best of all! It actually got me to cry, which none of the other movies had done yet. Wow, people really went nuts where I live, and I actually saw some guy who had painted his car to have eyeglasses and a lightning scar! Now I kind of wish i had done more… but I did dress up as Hermione!

Posted by Free Elf on July 15, 2011, 01:27 PM report to moderator
Fixed_thumb

Saw the film last night at the midnight premiere. Of course things were changed and some things left out, but that’s what has to be done for a movie. The Ron and Hermione kiss was simply great! (: And I loved all of the dialogue. It pulled a lot of it straight from the book, which i really liked.This movie is by far the best and it got me VERY teary eyed!!

Posted by iloveronweasley16 on July 15, 2011, 01:44 PM report to moderator

oh my gosh the movie was epic! so sad that it all ended, trully very sad. but it will always be in all of our hearts.

Posted by potter_monkey on July 15, 2011, 02:05 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I really dont see how anyone can say the movie was less than perfect. Yes thing were cut out and changed, but they always have seen so that really should come as a surprise. I was 98% happy with everything, this was the best movie by far, so much was taked right from the book and the dialogue was word per word at times which gave me chills. And Neville and McGonagall, they were AMAZING, I loved how they added that bit about Neville and Luna. Such a treat from us who ship them! And boy did I cry! Starting when you first hear Hedwigs Theme on to the very end my eyes were hardly dry. You could here the sniffle throughout the theater. Part 2 was the best most amazing thing I have ever seen! :)

Posted by LunaLuver on July 15, 2011, 03:37 PM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

Just saw the movie today and it was awesome. Of course there were parts that I wished had been put into the movie and/or not changed from the books but overall, it was great. Wish it could have been longer but hey…was good and I am going to see it again and again! Missed the midnight showing but that is not going to stop me from wishing I had been there!

Posted by beewell on July 15, 2011, 05:38 PM report to moderator

LunaLuva- I can certainly say the movie was “less than perfect” but having said that, it is clearly the best of the HP movies. However, the Luna/Neville angle is foolish (we all know he ends up with Hannah Abbot) and Bonnie Wright is conformed as possibly the worst actor ever to appear in a major picture. In fact she is so bad, that she is wisely given no lines at all in this film being reduced to looking as wooden as a statue for various periods of time. As ever, there is too much Hermoine but there is now no point in complaining about that fetish.
On the plus side -the Princes Tale, The Forest Again and Kings Cross Station are absolutely magnificent.

MAJOR FLAW IN CONTINUITY – NO ONE ACTUALLY SEES HARRY DEFEAT VOLDEMORTTHEY WILL HAVE TO TAKE HIS WORD FOR IT !!!

Posted by Beazle on July 16, 2011, 10:54 AM report to moderator

Wow, lucky ducks. I wish I was there. JEALOUS!

Posted by LoonyMaddie3 on July 16, 2011, 02:33 PM report to moderator
Daniel-radcliff-how-to-succeed1-240x300_normal_thumb

I saw it , great!!!

Posted by HalfbloodPrince08 on July 16, 2011, 10:13 PM report to moderator
34903_1465127064332_1118181956_31366985_5699589_n_thumb

Satisfying … I laughed/cheered riding the dragon. Sad … you just can’t predict when a scene is going to draw you in and bring out tears. I thought for the moment Fred dying is not deep, but soon after that a scene hits you. Monumental … I compare the movie to breaking the union power in Wisconsin.

Posted by Madeye Carl on July 16, 2011, 11:35 PM report to moderator
Harry_thumb

I can’t wait for the vids of the three-hour versions of each the last four movies, so we can see what they cut out.

PS Where the blazes was Percy? I know he came back to join the fight (See what I mean?).

Posted by Paskunius Senus on July 16, 2011, 11:38 PM report to moderator

"You're being rather rude, you know," said Luna serenely.[br]Harry swore and turned away. The very last thing he wanted now was a conversation with Luna Lovegood.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014