New Interview with Producer David Heyman on "Deathly Hallows: Part 2"

Heyman
Posted by: Mel
July 13, 2011, 04:25 PM

We have a new interview with producer David Heyman from Parade, where Heyman discusses among other things his feelings about finishing the movies, and how he feels about Harry Potter fans:

On the end of Harry Potter.

“It’s mixed feelings. I’m very excited for the audience to see the film, but at the same time there’s a sadness. I’ve been working with these people for so long, and we always knew at the end of each film that we were coming back for one more, and that’s no longer the case. So that’s quite sad. Working on Harry Potter has been the most incredible odyssey. It’s been the gift of all gifts. That being said, I’m very excited about having the time to face new challenges.”
...

He’s grateful to the Potter fans.

“They’ve been so unbelievably supportive and incredibly generous. They have really allowed us the opportunity to make the films we have. They’ve been so loyal. It’s been an incredible journey, and the fans are really the reason why, because without them there would be no films.”

Heyman goes on to discuss his favorite Harry Potter characters and how he'll show the movies to his young son. You can read the rest of the article here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Heyman News

I HAVE SEEN IT!! I’ve seen the movie yesterday, because in Italy it came out on the 13th. It’s….it’s…I don’t even know how to describe it. You definitely WON’T be disappointed. The battle’s not short, and every character has his moment (except, maybe, for Ron, who doesn’t get to do much in this one). It’s epic and sad and moving and everything you’d expect from it. McGonagall is great, as well as Neville. Beware of the Forest scenes, ‘cause you’ll cry. That’s it, I don’t want to spoiler too much, but I’m sure, really sure you will love it.
I can’t believe it’s the end of it. It really isn’t. The books and the movies will always be with us.

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on July 14, 2011, 05:32 AM report to moderator
Snapestilllives_thumb

It is not the end. There will never be an end. EVER.

Posted by SnapeStillLives on July 14, 2011, 08:59 AM report to moderator
Avatars-kix_thumb

Cool! this is going to be awesome!

Posted by Nagini's dinner on July 14, 2011, 09:15 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I’m seeing the film tommorow and like David Heyman said I’m excited but sad at the same time. It’s going to be strange not looking forward to the next Harry Potter movie :/

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on July 14, 2011, 09:57 AM report to moderator

will miss u, remember u always….love u potter series.
the last part was amazing, really fast paced too emotional……experienced a whirlwind of emotions in jst 2 hours.
u will always be a part of my life…love love & miss u forever.
thank u for evrything, evrything.

Posted by charvi on July 14, 2011, 11:26 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

No spoilers pleeze!

Posted by Won_Two on July 14, 2011, 11:44 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I’m not ready for this

Posted by KiwiMcI on July 14, 2011, 12:23 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

So sweet! I can’t wait to see the movie! In 19 hours and 2 minutes I’ll be in the theater and it will be starting!

Posted by Jacket on July 14, 2011, 12:24 PM report to moderator

8 more hours till the midnite Grand Finale! Can’t wait and yet don’t want it to end. So wish I was at Leakycon, but couldn’t swing it. Ah well. Enjoy the film everyone! LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER!!!

Posted by bewitchedbyhp on July 14, 2011, 04:28 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Thank you David Heyman for giving us an amazing cast and amazing movies!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on July 17, 2011, 05:40 PM report to moderator

"Yeah, Dumbledore's off his rocker, all right," said Ron proudly.