New Interview with Producer David Heyman on "Deathly Hallows: Part 2"

Heyman
Posted by: Mel
July 13, 2011, 04:25 PM

We have a new interview with producer David Heyman from Parade, where Heyman discusses among other things his feelings about finishing the movies, and how he feels about Harry Potter fans:

On the end of Harry Potter.

“It’s mixed feelings. I’m very excited for the audience to see the film, but at the same time there’s a sadness. I’ve been working with these people for so long, and we always knew at the end of each film that we were coming back for one more, and that’s no longer the case. So that’s quite sad. Working on Harry Potter has been the most incredible odyssey. It’s been the gift of all gifts. That being said, I’m very excited about having the time to face new challenges.”
...

He’s grateful to the Potter fans.

“They’ve been so unbelievably supportive and incredibly generous. They have really allowed us the opportunity to make the films we have. They’ve been so loyal. It’s been an incredible journey, and the fans are really the reason why, because without them there would be no films.”

Heyman goes on to discuss his favorite Harry Potter characters and how he'll show the movies to his young son. You can read the rest of the article here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Heyman News

Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

Dear Leaky and dear all!
not sure where to write this, so here it is. Just got back from IMAX, it came out today here in Croatia and I must say – SO BLOODY EPIC! you’re all gonna love it, it has everything – emotions, action, the book is there. I cried during the whole movie, I just couldn’t put myself together. I’m not sad at all actually, because there is no end in this!
I’ll continue read and write you all!
LONG LIVE HP!

Posted by Matea on July 13, 2011, 05:06 PM report to moderator
Self_acceptance_by_jenniholma_1__normal_thumb

Sounds like it’s gonna be a good movie! :0)

Posted by Aceba {WBM} on July 13, 2011, 05:35 PM report to moderator
Hermione_poster_thumb

3rd comment

Posted by silverkacy on July 13, 2011, 05:38 PM report to moderator

But I heard the Battle of Hogwarts is SO SHORT. We just see extras in the background, no main students we know fighting nor nothing ." So disappointed.

Posted by Ramses on July 13, 2011, 05:39 PM report to moderator

Posted by Ramses on July 13, 2011, 05:39 PM report to moderator

Posted by Ramses on July 13, 2011, 05:40 PM report to moderator
Hermione_poster_thumb

So sweet

Posted by silverkacy on July 13, 2011, 05:45 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

It’s not short at all. they changed the Vodemort/Harry battle completely, but you already knew that. it’s not short. just the right size! :)

Posted by Matea on July 13, 2011, 06:05 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Come on people stop posting about the movie! You would have wanted people to do that to you, so dont do it to us who havent seen it yet. Thank you.

Posted by LunaLuver on July 13, 2011, 09:25 PM report to moderator

I hope that the battle scene is not to short and i cant wait for the 15th!!!!!!

Posted by Harrypotter4 on July 13, 2011, 09:56 PM report to moderator
Profile_thumb

I think that they have always done so well with the films… How nearly impossible it is to please every reader! I can’t wait! I guess after this- we will all become quite the Pottermore addicts LOL!!!

Posted by willowandlaylasmom on July 13, 2011, 11:29 PM report to moderator
Icon_thumb

I can’t wait for Pottermore!

Posted by LoonySnake on July 14, 2011, 12:15 AM report to moderator
02_twins_20-_20copy_129536961051705540_thumb

I can’t believe its less then 27 hours away! I’m going to die!!!!!

Posted by joeys_mommy on July 14, 2011, 12:30 AM report to moderator

I can totally relate to David Heyman: I’m really horrified that it’s going to end, but on the other hand, I’m just so excited to watch the movie! =]

Posted by . on July 14, 2011, 02:14 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Sounds like it’s gonna be a good movie!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on July 14, 2011, 03:53 AM report to moderator

It was the unicorn all right, and it was dead. Harry had never seen anything so beautiful and sad. Its long, slender legs were stuck out at odd angles where it had fallen and its mane was spread pearly-white on the dark leaves.