Video: "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Video Game Launch Trailer

Video Games
Posted by: Mel
July 12, 2011, 03:05 PM

We now have the "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" video game launch trailer, which can be viewed here. The "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" video game is now available to play on Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3, Wii™, Nintendo DS and PC. Some additional information on the game can be found below:

The explosive finale will feature all of the iconic moments and locations from the conclusion of Harry Potter’s journey, and enable fans to step into Harry’s shoes as he faces off against Voldemort and his dark forces for the final time.

The Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 videogame is more action-packed than ever before and, for first time, enables fans to assume the role of their favorite wizard heroes, with each playing a critical role in defeating the Dark Lord. Play as Harry, Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Seamus, Neville, Molly Weasley and Professor McGonagall in the highly anticipated final battle of Hogwarts. Additionally, with enhanced gameplay features, including an all new spell casting mechanic and intuitive cover system, dueling the most fearsome and formidable characters of the wizarding world has never been more realistic.

“We have been closely linked with the Harry Potter film sensation since its inception, and look forward to playing a key part in the entertainment event of the decade,” says Harvey Elliott, GM at EA Bright Light™.  “We have worked extremely hard to deliver to fans the experience that they’ve always wanted – the opportunity to play not only as Harry, but as other key characters from the fiction as well. This game provides fans the most authentic and engaging Harry Potter gaming experience possible, and places you on the front lines for the final battle of Hogwarts.”

With Hogwarts under siege from Voldemort’s dark forces, players will take on the dangerous and urgent mission to locate and destroy the remaining Horcruxes, and with them, Voldemort. Players have the chance to break into the high security vaults of Gringotts Bank, escape Fiendfyre in the Room of Requirement and battle Voldemort’s most powerful allies as they defend Hogwarts in this dynamic final showdown. Experience Hogwarts as it has never been seen before as players can use the magical skills of accomplished wizards to duel fearsome characters such as the Death Eaters, Snatchers and giants intent on destruction.

Developed by EA’s Bright Light studio and licensed by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 videogame is now available for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Wii™, Nintendo DS™ and Windows PC.

Many thanks to EA for sending this our way.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Video Games News

Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

First comment! This sounds so cool, makes me want to get a Wii. :)

Posted by LunaLuver on July 12, 2011, 03:32 PM report to moderator
9_3quarters_thumb

This game looks amazing! It seems to match the movie to near perfection!

Posted by HoggyWartyHogwarts on July 12, 2011, 04:37 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I’ve seen the first part of it. Looks good but I can tell it’s going to be waayy too short. I’m mainly looking forward to the next and last Harry Potter lego game.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on July 12, 2011, 04:50 PM report to moderator
Luna_thumb

i’ve never really been a big fan of the Harry Potter Games, but this one might just make me change my mind, doesn’t look bad! :-)

Posted by ravenclaw- on July 12, 2011, 05:14 PM report to moderator
Img_0594_1__thumb

I’ll Probably get the game after I see the movie because I have a feeling that there going to show scenes from the movie. So far, I have not seen NO TRAILERS of DHII and I plan to keep it that way.

Posted by CorruptedNethicite on July 12, 2011, 07:17 PM report to moderator
Icongeneration_thumb

Cheers to you for not watching the trailers. There on like every channel I watch, its difficult to get away from them.

Posted by ♥Andera {Longbottom}♥ on July 12, 2011, 08:19 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

@CorruptedNethicite, there are no scenes. The HP games don’t do that. and the game is basically nothing like the movie. Ive watched gameplay videos on youtube. it looks fun. I hope I can get it soon. I’m going friday, 10 am (EST) to see DH Part 2 in 2D! Then I’ll go a week later to see 3D

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 12, 2011, 08:50 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

This game looks amazing! It seems to match the movie to near perfection!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on July 13, 2011, 04:07 AM report to moderator
Img_0594_1__thumb

@Gryffindor1991, that’s good, I was thinking back to when I played Star Wars III Revenge of the Sith video game, COMPLETELY ruined the movie for me.

Posted by CorruptedNethicite on July 13, 2011, 04:41 AM report to moderator
Img_0594_1__thumb

But I’m watching the movie midnight on Thursday in 3D, I can expect a long line, the transformers 3 showing was crowded, So I’ll probably be there 3 hours early for good seats.

Posted by CorruptedNethicite on July 13, 2011, 05:16 AM report to moderator

im soo excited!!!!

Posted by 9em on July 13, 2011, 12:13 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

In France they say Wii a lot!

Posted by Won_Two on July 13, 2011, 01:32 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Waiting for the game along with the movie.

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on July 13, 2011, 01:56 PM report to moderator
Hermione_poster_thumb

Of course, Won_Two. It’s wee

Posted by silverkacy on July 13, 2011, 02:50 PM report to moderator
Tom-felton_thumb

I am totally getting this game when it comes out!! it sounds awesome!!

Posted by Maddie Malfoy on July 16, 2011, 10:09 AM report to moderator

Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall bent forward over the bundle of blankets. Inside, just visible, was a baby boy, fast asleep. Under a tuft of jet-black hair over his forehead they could see a curiously shaped cut, like a bolt of lightning.