Dan Radcliffe Interview in "Time Out New York"

Radcliffe
Posted by: Mel
July 11, 2011, 08:22 PM

Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) appears on the cover of this week's issue of Time Out New York, where he is interviewed, of course about finishing the Harry Potter film series, but also about what he likes about living in New York:

You probably don’t get mobbed on the street when you walk around here.
It’s very rare that I get stopped or get asked for an autograph or anything—none of which I mind—but people don’t really care that much. I just sort of walk by, and they say, “Oh, hi,” [Waves] and then walk on. It’s pretty cool, to be honest. You should be proud of that, as a city, that you’re very chilled out with celebrities. I do miss London, but if I have to spend a year somewhere else, New York is not a bad place to have to spend it.
Is that different from fan reaction in London?
It’s definitely different for me in London. People, if they spot you in London, sort of tend to shout. Or say, [Pointing] “Hey, look!” or something like that.
It’s sort of an unspoken rule between New Yorkers and celebrities, to let them be.
I saw Julianne Moore walk past me a couple of weeks ago, and we sort of smiled at each other. I don’t think she knew it was me, I just think she thought it was somebody smiling at her. You do see a lot of people, and I’m as guilty of it as anybody. I get so excited when I spot people, like, “Oh, there’s Kiefer Sutherland!”

Radcliffe goes on to talk about performing in "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying." You can read the rest of the article here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Owl_thumb

Cool! First! He dosnt get stopped?! If I saw him I would freak out, run after him and get my arm and anything I could find signed, and a pic! :)))

I tnhink it’s funny at the very top it says…Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) who doesn’t know that!?

Posted by farewell_fred on July 11, 2011, 09:19 PM report to moderator
881_thumb

I agree with you farewell_fred!And i would probably start crying or faint.Either one is definitley possible when it’s Dan!!

Posted by tough~pygmy~puffs*ROAR* on July 11, 2011, 10:45 PM report to moderator
Thistletopiary_thumb

It’s interesting to hear that he does miss London; I’ve been wondering if he might not think about making New York his home base in the future, as much as he seems to love the Broadway culture.

Posted by bettb [ITC!] on July 11, 2011, 10:45 PM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

he does seem do love broadway doesn’t he, he seems great at it too :)

Posted by mencia on July 12, 2011, 06:53 AM report to moderator
Tonks_thumb

hmm… New York for a year huh??!! lol

Posted by sboyer06 on July 12, 2011, 12:31 PM report to moderator

It’s glad to see he’s enjoying life =]

Posted by . on July 12, 2011, 02:49 PM report to moderator

Sorry, I mean *good not glad (:

Posted by . on July 12, 2011, 02:50 PM report to moderator
Daniel-radcliff-how-to-succeed1-240x300_normal_thumb

fun interview., love nyc

Posted by HalfbloodPrince08 on July 12, 2011, 09:35 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I’m glad he likes it there and isn’t getting mobbed!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on July 17, 2011, 05:26 PM report to moderator

"But I know one thing -- last time the Chamber of Secrets was opened, a Mudblood [i]died[/i]. So I bet it's a matter of time before one of them's killed this time.... I hope it's Granger," he said with relish.