Warner Bros. Releases Visitor's Information For U.K. World Premiere

DH Film
Posted by: Stephanie_J
July 01, 2011, 12:35 PM

The world premiere of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" is just a short week away, and no doubt many of you are already making plans to attend this grand event in London's Trafalgar and Leicester Squares on July 7.

To help make the planning process easier, Warner Bros. has put together a website with essential information for fans. Details on transportation and getting to the location, red carpet information, access to the public viewing areas and much more is listed right here.

Please note that all red carpet activity will be taking place in Trafalgar Square, and in order to gain access to the public viewing areas, you must acquire a wristband.Wristbands will be handed out from the upper terrace of Trafalgar Square beginning at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, July 6.

Thanks to Portkey.it for the tip!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

I am so confused about all this!! So the pens open at 10am on wednesday 6th July when wristbands are given out & you are allowed to camp in Trafalgar Square overnight? Everything I have heard says there will be no camping in Traf square allowed? So is the website saying you can? I am confused! I was going to email them to ask but there is no contact us on website. Any help would be great :-) Also gutted because I am booked to stay in London wed, thurs & friday but can;t get down before 10am wednesday, so have no idea what I am going to do :-(

Posted by bambahw on July 01, 2011, 05:16 PM report to moderator

hpqueenfluff, really think it will be one wristband per person & they will put it straight on your wrist. Have heard they do this kind of thing at say BAFTA’s & they always put it straight on. I suppose this is fairest way but have no idea why they are doing it a whole day early!! :-(

Posted by bambahw on July 01, 2011, 05:20 PM report to moderator

WB’s organisation with this has been shocking! Really bad, I will be kicking up a stink if things don’t go smoothly XD

I don’t know why people are getting so upset about the wristbands though. They’ll have as many wristbands as there is room for people (i.e. if they can fit 10,000 people in there’ll be 10,000 wristbands). So if you get there when all the wristbands have gone, which I doubt you will, then even if there were no wristbands you’d still be arriving after it was full up, and wouldn’t be able to see anything anyway.

Posted by JoRowlingRocks on July 01, 2011, 07:44 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

It would be nice to go…

Posted by Won_Two on July 01, 2011, 09:17 PM report to moderator
Profile_thumb

SNIFF..SNIFF.. TEARS… Wish I could go but I’m in the US.Still excited to see it in theatres with my husband and friends though… :) yippee.

Posted by willowandlaylasmom on July 01, 2011, 09:58 PM report to moderator
5237363_thumb

I’m joining in on all the “this is messing with my plans so bad it’s not even funny” comments!

My plane arrives on Wednesday evening and I had plans to go straight to camping somewhere, but now this??? This is ruining everything!

I have no idea how fast these wristbands are going to go and if no one can pick them up for me I really don’t know if I should just cancel my plane tickets…

Feel free to add me and let me know if anyone finds out how I can solve this…

Posted by opiopi on July 02, 2011, 03:25 PM report to moderator

i wish i could go to that!

Posted by potterlover (: on July 02, 2011, 04:29 PM report to moderator

Jorowlingrocks – I don’t think people are upset about wristbands as they are a good idea, I think people are upset/concerned about WHEN the wristbands are being given out. Never heard of them being given out the morning before the premiere & its not clear if you then have to go off & comeback or if you have to reserve your spot for 48 hours as when I was last in London (last weekend) I heard there was too be NO camping in Trafalgar Square. The website is contradictory as well as it says pens open when wristbands are given out but before that it says portions of trafalgar square will be shut down throughout the day on Thursday, which I took to me that no one would be allowed to stand there. I was arriving on wednesday lunch time & I know others were arriving wed evening & the wristbands being given out wednesday morning is unexpected & confusing. People that would not have been in Trafalgar Square until later will now be there much earlier than they planned, meaning its going to be even more busy & stressful than previously thought. Like you – I think wristbands are a great idea, but don’t understand why they are being given out WED morning. Wed evening or Thursday morning would make much more sense. I am really sorry for people that have plane tickets booked as I am confused/finding it stressful coz I can’t get there that early & I only live a few hours away from London.!! :-(

Posted by bambahw on July 02, 2011, 05:07 PM report to moderator

That ruining my plans too!

Posted by lavenda on July 02, 2011, 07:26 PM report to moderator

Yes, I agree the message is contradictory. No idea what we’re supposed to be doing once we get our wristbands! That’s what I meant about their organisation being really bad. Also they’re being extremely irresponsible if they are expecting people to wait there from 10am but aren’t allowing camping!

But I don’t think they’re going to be giving the wristbands out at 10am only, (I assume) they’re going to give them out until they run out, and they’re going to have as many wristbands as there are places, so the wristbands will only run out when everywhere is full. Which because, as you said, people have already sorted out transport, is not likely to be soon after 10am because most people will be getting there after that.

Not sure if that makes sense, basically- as I see it- you don’t need to get there at 10am to get a wristband, you need to get there before they run out, and they’re not going to run out quickly. So don’t panic!

Posted by JoRowlingRocks on July 03, 2011, 06:42 AM report to moderator

@Bambahw Thank you. It totally sucks, I’ve managed to spend more money I don’t have to get to London on the Wednesday haha, I’m not giving up without a fight! Also, I went to the Trafalgar Square website and found a phone number and email:

Telephone: You can contact our helpline on 020 7983 4750 where the GLA can provide further information and put you in touch with an Events Officer where available.

Email: trafalgar.square@london.gov.uk

Posted by hpqueenfluff on July 03, 2011, 07:08 AM report to moderator
5237363_thumb

I’m still panicing, because I don’t arrive until 8 pm on Wednesday.. I don’t even know if the wristband people will be there that late even if there are wristbands left… and it will cost me £400 to rebook my tickets if I want to arrive earlier. I HATE THIS!

Posted by opiopi on July 03, 2011, 02:25 PM report to moderator

I have emailed trafalgar square to see if we can clear things up – thanks very much for the help HPqueenfluff, much appreciated. I will ring if no response as have chnaged plans so getting into London early Wed morning (I am going to be exhausted & it took me ages to find a way down there!) & so the more information the better! Glad you have sorted out getting there!!
Opiopi – wish we could help, I asked if getting there wed evening would be okay in email – so fingers crossed get a response soon.
JKRowlingRocks – You are right, organisation is shocking & very very confusing!! I am not hopeful, I think they will go really quickly but only if everyone has seen the site, which I doubt everyone has as I wouldn’t have seen it if not come on here!! Fingers crossed it all works out :-)

Posted by bambahw on July 03, 2011, 03:45 PM report to moderator

I’m glad you’ve managed to change the time, hopefully you’ll get a wristband. I should be getting there Wednesday morning to get the wristband. But then I have to get a coach home and get up early again next morning to get a coach back up. I’m not very hopeful about getting a good spot on Thursday, but at least I’ll have the chance to be there. I’m just fortunate that I was in a position to be able to modify my plans, I can’t imagine how frustrating it must be for those who aren’t so lucky.

Posted by hpqueenfluff on July 03, 2011, 04:01 PM report to moderator

I’ve been emailing Trafalgar Square for a while, they’ve been getting more cagey the closer it gets ha!

Well good luck everyone, see you there maybe!

Posted by JoRowlingRocks on July 03, 2011, 07:48 PM report to moderator

"Going to try and lead the house-elves out on strike now, are you?" said George. "Going to give up all the leaflet stuff and try and stir them up into rebellion?"[br]Several people chortled. Hermione didn't answer.