BFI IMAX Hosting All-Night Harry Potter Marathons

Movies
Posted by: Stephanie_J
June 08, 2011, 11:22 PM

The BBC is reporting that the British Film Institute in London will be hosting all night Harry Potter marathons at their IMAX cinema in preparation for "Deathly Hallows: Part 2."

The seven already released films will be split over two nights for the 20-hour marathon all-nighters on 17/18 and 24/25 June.

Fans are also invited to dress up in wizarding costumes for the occasion.

"We can't wait to welcome the biggest and bravest Harry Potter fans in the country," said Justin Johnson, head of operations at BFI Imax. "If they see every film they'll spend almost 20 hours in the company of all their favourite characters!
Complete dates and times are listed below:

Harry Potter 1-4 (at the BFI IMAX)
17 June, 10:00 p.m.
24 June, 10:00 p.m.

Harry Potter 5-7 (at the BFI IMAX)

18 June, 11:45 p.m.
25 June, 11:45 p.m.

Tickets can be booked through the BFI website. Good luck to those who take up the challenge!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Megassa_thumb

HAH! Norway was first, planned for a couple of months now. And we’re doing COMPLETE runs, 1 through 7(pt1 only ofcourse) at once. And yea, I really can’t wait!:D

Posted by Grimowl on June 09, 2011, 04:53 AM report to moderator
Tonks_thumb

aahh boo!! i wish they had an all night harry potter marathon here!! that sounds amazing!!!

Posted by sboyer06 on June 09, 2011, 09:04 AM report to moderator

I so hope they do this in Ireland too, tempted to get a plane over to UK just for a weekend :)

Posted by DavidTheUnready on June 09, 2011, 09:09 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

I wish I lived in the UK no way I’d miss that. The IMAX over here should do that! Then I could go…

Posted by Jacket on June 09, 2011, 10:06 AM report to moderator
December_loadoff_087_thumb

What a treat !

Posted by Bella'love ^HISS^ on June 09, 2011, 10:27 AM report to moderator
Nm_huklmj2_thumb

Hay anyone knows such competition in INDIA……or amother same……plz tell me…….
If i were in uk then i will accept these chalenge…..

Posted by chinmay on June 09, 2011, 12:24 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_philosopher_s_stone_thumb

I would love to do this but I can’t. It would be amazing if there was a huge IMAX near me that could do this…

Posted by RubeusHagrid on June 09, 2011, 12:26 PM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

Might not be able to go:(
Is it just in London or all IMAX cinemas??
If anyone knows could you owl me please?? Thank you! <3

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on June 09, 2011, 02:23 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Why isnt any U.S. theaters doing this!?!? At least with part 1 they should be showing both DH movies back to back. I need to start looking into tickets, see what I can find out.

Posted by LunaLuver on June 09, 2011, 02:55 PM report to moderator
394omggggg--chibi_rei_thumb

In Finland, Finnkino is doing in select cities what they call “Tylypahkan laaja oppimäärä”, or “Extensive Syllabus of Hogwarts” (probably a crappy translation, I don’t know the correct terms in English), a week of HP movies leading up to Deathly Hallows II. They’re showing one movie every night, from the 4th July until 10th July, then have a break for a couple of days and then the premiere of DH II on the 13th, at 0:07 o’clock.

Posted by MischiefManaged on June 09, 2011, 03:47 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Sounds like a good time will be had…

Posted by Won_Two on June 09, 2011, 04:56 PM report to moderator

I don’t live in UK either. :(

Posted by Mahinique ЯOAR on June 09, 2011, 05:02 PM report to moderator
Hermione_poster_thumb

I wish I could go go!!!!!!!! i don’t live in UK. :(

Posted by silverkacy on June 09, 2011, 05:25 PM report to moderator

That is so cool! But, I’m blessed to have all the films and I could watch it anytime! =]

Posted by . on June 09, 2011, 05:27 PM report to moderator
Lily___james_potter_thumb

Why does all the good stuff happen in the US and UK?! soooooo jealous. please go, enjoy, and tell me all about it!

Posted by Miss Weasley on June 10, 2011, 04:08 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Took me six months to track [Karkaroff] down, and Crouch is going to let him go if he's got enough new names. Let's hear his information, I say, and throw him straight back to the dementors."