BFI IMAX Hosting All-Night Harry Potter Marathons

Movies
Posted by: Stephanie_J
June 08, 2011, 11:22 PM

The BBC is reporting that the British Film Institute in London will be hosting all night Harry Potter marathons at their IMAX cinema in preparation for "Deathly Hallows: Part 2."

The seven already released films will be split over two nights for the 20-hour marathon all-nighters on 17/18 and 24/25 June.

Fans are also invited to dress up in wizarding costumes for the occasion.

"We can't wait to welcome the biggest and bravest Harry Potter fans in the country," said Justin Johnson, head of operations at BFI Imax. "If they see every film they'll spend almost 20 hours in the company of all their favourite characters!
Complete dates and times are listed below:

Harry Potter 1-4 (at the BFI IMAX)
17 June, 10:00 p.m.
24 June, 10:00 p.m.

Harry Potter 5-7 (at the BFI IMAX)

18 June, 11:45 p.m.
25 June, 11:45 p.m.

Tickets can be booked through the BFI website. Good luck to those who take up the challenge!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Tumblr_mdtb9ptt2q1qj84c9o1_500_thumb

YAY FIRST TO COMMENT!

Posted by ResaPotter on June 08, 2011, 11:35 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mdtb9ptt2q1qj84c9o1_500_thumb

To bad I dont live in the UK….

Posted by ResaPotter on June 08, 2011, 11:36 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mdtb9ptt2q1qj84c9o1_500_thumb

BLAH TOO

Posted by ResaPotter on June 08, 2011, 11:36 PM report to moderator
Jenni_and_camie_at_yule_ball_09_thumb

I wish somewhere in the US was holding a similar marathon! Anyone hear anything about US theatres having similar events?

Posted by Jenni Russell on June 08, 2011, 11:36 PM report to moderator

Mall of America is having some type of marathon. AMC theatres said they will release info on what they have planed possibly on Friday or next week. I have AMC and Regal in my area. I tweeted Regal but have not got a response back yet. I think a lot of theaters are going to try to do some typr of marathon or at least DH 1 & 2 together that first night.

Posted by mlc on June 09, 2011, 12:03 AM report to moderator

I am majorly bummed about this. Come on, why can’t we do this here in the US too? I’ve been sifting around for weeks looking for news of marathons.

Posted by QuidditchChick82 on June 09, 2011, 12:04 AM report to moderator
Spooky_cat_thumb

I will be in London on the 24th and 25th. This is VERY tempting!

Posted by cbm on June 09, 2011, 12:15 AM report to moderator
Ivegotchocolate_resized_thumb

20 hour Harry Potter marathon…SWEET!

Challenge accepted!

Posted by Jonelle on June 09, 2011, 12:28 AM report to moderator
129_deathly-hallows_dan_thumb

so jealous of the uk fans!

Posted by JCC on June 09, 2011, 12:42 AM report to moderator
-_owl_post_-_thumb

How cool! :D

Posted by Felipe on June 09, 2011, 12:48 AM report to moderator
Crystal0868_thumb

Aww, too bad I’m not from the UK.

Posted by CastleQueen205 on June 09, 2011, 01:25 AM report to moderator

Damn, am away the second weekend. I’m hoping that that means they might also do a back-to-back DH1 + 2. Have been looking out for news of that.

Posted by anne1 on June 09, 2011, 01:38 AM report to moderator

ooh I misread, I’ve just seen that they doing the whole set each weekend… hmmmm, tempting

Posted by anne1 on June 09, 2011, 01:41 AM report to moderator
Http_3a_2f_2f24

:( too bad i don’t live in UK :(

Posted by Emmaria on June 09, 2011, 03:08 AM report to moderator
12136_373462265222_814805222_10077577_6700488_n_thumb

That’s so cool! Might possibly do it as an end-of-exams + birthday treat. Hmm… tempted.

Posted by MuggleQueen on June 09, 2011, 04:17 AM report to moderator

"If I'd sprouted whiskers, I'd take a break from work," said Ron, tipping a stack of books onto Hermione's bedside table one evening.